Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-05-2010, 23:55   #91
Give, give, give member

Re: This Co-ilition seems to be working.

Far from being a place where Al-Qaeda faces threat of torture, the Pakistan/Afghan border is a safe haven for any would be terrorist in training, or hiding.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-05-2010, 00:02   #92
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Then are ya saying you have a land wi nowt only Canadian Residents living yon? cos we sure as hell aint.
We have illegals here, but our government has strong laws concerning deportation. It's not all that easy to get Canadian citizenship, and it seems that the vast majority of new Canadians adopt our country wholeheartedly. By 2020, one third of all Canadians will belong to visible minorities (I don't really like the term, but you know what I mean) ... in TO, it will be 2 out of 3. However, most of them will be born here, and will probably think of themselves as "Canadians" rather than "Chinese (or qualifier of your choice) Canadians" ... now, Quebec is something else.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2010, 00:04   #93
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
No they won't be deported; they are Canadians .... they will serve time in prison.
These weren't British nationals.

They are Pakistanis, and had student visas, whilst here, and whilst planning their terrorist attacks.

They've been given the right to stay by a British court, because they claim they face the threat of torture or death, if deported to their homeland.

That is quite ludicrous, and there's not the slightest bit of evidence that it's remotely true.

As ususual, soft touch Britain, bends right over, and takes it like a demented, simple minded harlot.

Old 20-05-2010, 01:14   #94
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
These weren't British nationals.

They are Pakistanis, and had student visas, whilst here, and whilst planning their terrorist attacks.

They've been given the right to stay by a British court, because they claim they face the threat of torture or death, if deported to their homeland.

That is quite ludicrous, and there's not the slightest bit of evidence that it's remotely true.

As ususual, soft touch Britain, bends right over, and takes it like a demented, simple minded harlot.
So, if they are Pakistani nationals, and they haven't commited a crime in Pakistan, then the threat of torture seems like a weak excuse. However, that doesn't affect my position on the question of torture. If your laws are similar to ours though, it would be illegal for them to be transferred to authorities who might torture them.

"Demented, simple minded harlot", eh .... didn't realize you were aquainted with my ex-wife
Old 20-05-2010, 01:22   #95
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:

"Demented, simple minded harlot", eh .... didn't realize you were aquainted with my ex-wife
Well known around here is your Eskimo Nell!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2010, 06:43   #96
Give, give, give member

Quote:
So, if they are Pakistani nationals, and they haven't commited a crime in Pakistan, then the threat of torture seems like a weak excuse. However, that doesn't affect my position on the question of torture. If your laws are similar to ours though, it would be illegal for them to be transferred to authorities who might torture them.
As stated, I've searched and can find no evidence that Al-Qaeda operators/sympathisers face any threat of torture, or death, in Pakistan.

Old 20-05-2010, 08:06   #97
Beacon of light

Quote:

It is a weak excuse, and one that has been grasped as a last straw by the Human Rights lawyers, who acted for these men in their appeal.....lawyers who were paid for by our money(still, we have plenty so what does that matter?)....and our money is going to keep these men while they are here.
They had no right to be here...they entered on Student visas....and promptly dropped out of the university course.......any country with a half decent Border Agency would have spotted this and sent them away back home, but as our Border agency is a toothless affair, they were allowed to stay...and their visas were renewed because they signed up for other bogus courses when the Uni course ended...just so that they could bomb us....so in effect they were here illegally.
They profess to hate us, and would do us harm yet we are to protect them, rather than sending them back to their own country.......where I firmly believe they should be.

Our New Home secretary is being negligent in her duties by not challenging this ruling.
I feel like I am arguing round in circles here so I think this will have to be my last observation on this subject.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 20-05-2010 at 08:10.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2010, 08:54   #98
Resting in Peace

Re: This Coalition seems to be working.

Quote:
No they won't be deported; they are Canadians .... they will serve time in prison.
These people aren't English Eric, they merely came here to kill innocent British citizens
Old 20-05-2010, 17:03   #99

Eric It's alright to have noble high ideals but Something has to be done and if you aren't part of the solution then you are part of the problem. You aren't related to Neville Chamberlin are you.
Old 20-05-2010, 20:03   #100
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acertun View Post
Eric It's alright to have noble high ideals but Something has to be done and if you aren't part of the solution then you are part of the problem. You aren't related to Neville Chamberlin are you.
How moronic .... to view an opposition to torture as "noble" ... bs, it's all part of being human and humane ... and we follow this with a cheap cliche stolen from some third-rate marketing seminar ... and it is obvious that you know little of the time of "appeasement" ... this policy, particularly until late 1937, was supported, to some degree at least, by the majority of Conservative MPs, the Labour party (though they were opposed to the Fascist dictators as a point of principle, they were opposed to war), and the British public. Only with your keen hindsight can you see that it was wrong. Chamberlain seems to have become the fall guy for the millions of Britons who supported his policies. Maybe you meant to ask if I were related to Lord Halifax
Old 20-05-2010, 20:10   #101
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
It is a weak excuse, and one that has been grasped as a last straw by the Human Rights lawyers, who acted for these men in their appeal.....lawyers who were paid for by our money(still, we have plenty so what does that matter?)....and our money is going to keep these men while they are here.
They had no right to be here...they entered on Student visas....and promptly dropped out of the university course.......any country with a half decent Border Agency would have spotted this and sent them away back home, but as our Border agency is a toothless affair, they were allowed to stay...and their visas were renewed because they signed up for other bogus courses when the Uni course ended...just so that they could bomb us....so in effect they were here illegally.
They profess to hate us, and would do us harm yet we are to protect them, rather than sending them back to their own country.......where I firmly believe they should be.

Our New Home secretary is being negligent in her duties by not challenging this ruling.
I feel like I am arguing round in circles here so I think this will have to be my last observation on this subject.
I see your point ("Finally"! she says) ... look at the bright side (or, less dark) .... at least the authorities know where they are .... if your border is as pourous as some suggest, the one's that went home may come back and go into hiding.

Something I'm not clear on ... and am too lazy on this beautiful late spring day to look it up ... have they commited a crime in Britain? And I suppose that planning to comit a crime, is a crime.
Old 20-05-2010, 22:55   #102
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Something I'm not clear on ... and am too lazy on this beautiful late spring day to look it up ... have they commited a crime in Britain? And I suppose that planning to comit a crime, is a crime.

Yes, they were here illegally, on bogus students visas, and worked here unlawfully, whilst planning their terrorist attacks.

'His roommate, Abid Naseer, had arrived in Britain from Pakistan on a student visa two years earlier, exploiting a system he knew well from working at an office in Pakistan where he handed out advice for John Moores University in Liverpool'
'Once in Britain, Naseer, 24, and his co-conspirators dropped out of their courses and began work as a security guard, maintaining their student status by signing up for bogus courses at the Manchester College of Professional Studies.'
Arrest of 'Easter bombers' led to international al-Qaeda network - Telegraph

Old 21-05-2010, 13:53   #103

Eric
Perhaps you could try selling your bill of goods on one of the bridges of The Highway of Heroes when one of the Canadian soldiers is brought home. I am sure someone would oblige us by throwing you off to put us out of your misery. By the way congrats to your wife she showed great presence of mind getting rid of you.
Old 21-05-2010, 14:27   #104
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acertun View Post
Eric
Perhaps you could try selling your bill of goods on one of the bridges of The Highway of Heroes when one of the Canadian soldiers is brought home. I am sure someone would oblige us by throwing you off to put us out of your misery. By the way congrats to your wife she showed great presence of mind getting rid of you.
Happily most of us can have differing points of view on here, without resorting to making crass remarks, about people being thrown to their death.

Intolerance breeds intolerance.

Old 21-05-2010, 14:43   #105
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Happily most of us can have differing points of view on here, without resorting to making crass remarks, about people being thrown to their death.

Intolerance breeds intolerance.
Hell we agree on sumat Grainda

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..