Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2010, 18:43   #106
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Isn't It Time Cyclists re-claimed the road?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Well add teens on bicycles riding the path while on a mobile now. The little pest didnt see me on the pavement. He was to busy grunting down his phone. Why is there never a stick for the front wheel handy when you need one.
spugs use the tealeaf method.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:57   #107
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
spugs use the tealeaf method.
Or the drop kick method
Old 06-08-2010, 21:43   #108
God Member

More fun watching them fly. Even better if at the time they are on their mobile.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:06   #109
Resting in Peace

Quote:
More fun watching them fly. Even better if at the time they are on their mobile.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Old 07-08-2010, 09:19   #110
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Then thud as they do a belly flop on the pavement.

But they would still have the mobile in hand on impact before of to A&E.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 07-08-2010, 09:41   #111
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Then thud as they do a belly flop on the pavement.

But they would still have the mobile in hand on impact before of to A&E.
Is that for treatment or to have the mobile amputated from their hand
Old 07-08-2010, 10:05   #112
God Member

Quote:
Is that for treatment or to have the mobile amputated from their hand

The mobile amputated from the hand and sometimes from the ear. A broken mobile is more distressing to them than a shattered body. The body can be fixed but the mobile well that is their whole life. A bit like many young women and men (18 - 30) who cant live without it.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 07-08-2010, 10:11   #113
Resting in Peace

Quote:
The mobile amputated from the hand and sometimes from the ear. A broken mobile is more distressing to them than a shattered body. The body can be fixed but the mobile well that is their whole life. A bit like many young women and men (18 - 30) who cant live without it.
Makes you wonder just what did they do before the mobile came on the scene Spuggs
Old 07-08-2010, 10:23   #114
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Look, we've had 6 pages of this nonsense so far. You got a problem with a cyclist on the pavement? Just do what I do - when he/she comes past, just shoulder the bastard into the road. Easy Peezy.
I hear what you say there but the reality is if you/anyone were to try and hit(shoulder) any passing cyclist it would be you who would go flying and probably end up on your arse as they would be travelling at speed and the likelyhood is they would hit you as opposed to you hitting them..
and for the record I have had people try to hit me and I was on the road - they were on the white lines in the middle waiting to cross and because I didnt go fast enough by them or stop for them? they tried to kick and hit me..
they were wasters with tracksuits and pitbulls to suit so I shouldnt have been surprised really..
the thought of headbutting one of them with my cycle helmet on was very appealing..
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:24   #115
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Makes you wonder just what did they do before the mobile came on the scene Spuggs
We got on with our lives quite happily & you even spoke to people you know the old fashioned way , you went round their house & spoke to them face to face ..... Oh those bygone days eh, we'll not be seeing there likes again that's for sure !
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:29   #116
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
We got on with our lives quite happily & you even spoke to people you know the old fashioned way , you went round their house & spoke to them face to face ..... Oh those bygone days eh, we'll not be seeing there likes again that's for sure !
They dont speak they grunt slurp n gargle. Maybe a flight over the handle bars with them landing on their heads might help them. Only problem is who would pay for the pavement damage?

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 07-08-2010, 11:55   #117
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy View Post
I hear what you say there but the reality is if you/anyone were to try and hit(shoulder) any passing cyclist it would be you who would go flying and probably end up on your arse as they would be travelling at speed and the likelyhood is they would hit you as opposed to you hitting them..
well i know a guy that didn't come off worse.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:36   #118
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well i know a guy that didn't come off worse.
Wondered what that slight scratch was on your hand the last time I saw you cashy
Old 07-08-2010, 19:35   #119
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

but its the same with e-mail and tinternet now
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:14   #120

Let common sense & consideration rule !
Cyclist should be allowed to ride on the pavements, as long as they are aware and considerate to pedestrians, and of course it depends on the locality. I ride on some single carriage rural roads (A585 fleetwood to the M55 ) where cars and HGV belt past you at 50+ mph, whilst the pavements alongside remain some of the most unused I've ever seen.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-safety-row.do

Last edited by archiveuk; 10-08-2010 at 10:16.
archiveuk is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..