Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Do the Scots REALLY want Independance
Yes 1 8.33%
No 11 91.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-09-2014, 13:20   #226
God Member

Re: Do the Scots REALLY want Independance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysgirl View Post

Whenever I've looked at the FB page of the newspaper posters making "Yes" comments such as, "We want freedom from WM bullies" ; "You only want our oil"
you know this reminded me of something

when we were been bullied into going green and all these green taxes came out about 15 years ago government was claiming that there was only 20 years left of natural resources off the shores of scotland

by governments calculations theres not much oil left to be had

unless of course we were been lied to so they could justify the huge fule prices we have had to endure the past decade or so

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-09-2014, 13:23   #227
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysgirl View Post
I think the Yes campaigners have out thought the middle aged Westminster Politicians from the minute the starting pistol sounded.

Whereas the Union campaigners have mainly been doorstep canvassing, putting up posters and holding meetings the Independence seekers immediately set up Facebook Accounts and signed up to be able to comment on newspaper articles which reach millions of personal FB pages.

Whenever I've looked at the FB page of the newspaper posters making "Yes" comments such as, "We want freedom from WM bullies" ; "You only want our oil" and "Naysayers only make negative comments" there's absolutely no information, no friends, and scarcely any interests on their FB page. The same applies to the Facebook accounts of supposedly English naysayers who rudely tell the "Yes" camp Scots to take a running jump. After these last few frenzied campaigning weeks the tone of the insults aimed at the "Yaay to the Republique" has got worse. There's no wonder many members of Jo Public have decided they want no part of the Union.
Yep, the Yes campaigners have played a blinder and here's hoping they've done enough to succeed...no more whinging about how hard done by they are while us mugs subsidise their free prescriptions and university tuition fees...no more Barnett Formula...no more Scottish MPs voting on purely English matters...free to go our own way!
accyman and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 18-09-2014, 13:37   #228
God Member

if they go alone i cant wait until scotlands government get their first invoice for methodone alone lol

im not seeing much of a downside to scotland leaving but in my defence our government hasnt really put up much of a fight to keep the union

i think pete britcliff has put more effort into keeping the union than david cameron and all he did was suggest flying the scottish flag over our town hall

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 18-09-2014 at 13:42.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2014, 14:25   #229
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post

by governments calculations theres not much oil left to be had
And an independent Scotland may have problems getting its hands on most of what's left.

Shetland Island 'Vikings' Want Independence from Scotland

Whatever the vote, the fallout will be, to say the least, unpredictable and probably nasty.

As an aside: I would be willing to bet that many Canadian politicians are hoping for a "Yes" victory, followed by catastrophic economic and social consequences. This would kill off what little is left of separatiste power in Quebec.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2014, 14:37   #230
Beacon of light

Scotland will not assume responsibility for their share of the national debt......as I see it whichever way the vote goes it isn't going to be Scotland that is in the brown smelly stuff.
It is poor shmucks in England. The uncertainty will create financial instability at a time when things were beginning to look a tad better.......and those currently in camps in Northern France must be looking to go and get ferry tickets to a Scottish port.....then hop over the border to England, the land of welcome and benefits for all.
There will be no border controls to stop this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2014, 15:14   #231
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Scotland will not assume responsibility for their share of the national debt......as I see it whichever way the vote goes it isn't going to be Scotland that is in the brown smelly stuff.
It is poor shmucks in England. The uncertainty will create financial instability at a time when things were beginning to look a tad better.......and those currently in camps in Northern France must be looking to go and get ferry tickets to a Scottish port.....then hop over the border to England, the land of welcome and benefits for all.
There will be no border controls to stop this.

Sorry MP but there are no ferry routes from anywhere in France to Scotland - but there is to Eire
Old 18-09-2014, 15:23   #232
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Sorry MP but there are no ferry routes from anywhere in France to Scotland - but there is to Eire
Even the Frogs don't want to go to Scotland
Old 18-09-2014, 15:27   #233
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Dont need Ferries, they can just fly oer n trot oer the border simple as. unless they want to go to uni its no tuition fees up yon.
Old 18-09-2014, 15:54   #234
Beacon of light

Quote:
Well, so it might have to be a long winded route.....but they will,take the chance don't you think.....and as it seems that the Jocks(spuggie excepted)dislike us so much they might even start some ferry services.
Old 18-09-2014, 17:38   #235
Senior Member+

Quote:
Well, so it might have to be a long winded route.....but they will,take the chance don't you think.....and as it seems that the Jocks(spuggie excepted)dislike us so much they might even start some ferry services.

No, the French wouldn't do that, I think it was a Scottish Regiment that started the rot at Waterloo - Belgium, not London
Old 18-09-2014, 19:21   #236
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
No, the French wouldn't do that, I think it was a Scottish Regiment that started the rot at Waterloo - Belgium, not London
Scots greys & the Gordon highlanders helped Sharpe of the 95th rifles to win Waterloo.
Old 18-09-2014, 21:10   #237

If there is a Yes vote, does that mean we won't have to listen to the infernal Proclaimers any more?
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2014, 21:25   #238
Beacon of light

You mean you don't like The Proclaimers??
Old 18-09-2014, 21:36   #239

Quote:
You mean you don't like The Proclaimers??
What was that song, Letter From America? I rush for the off switch whenever it comes on the radio!
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2014, 22:02   #240
God Member

Errrm - if they do come out and decide "No" in the end, do we then get the chance to vote that we don't want them back in any case?

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..