Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Do the Scots REALLY want Independance
Yes 1 8.33%
No 11 91.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-04-2015, 20:08   #286

Re: Do the Scots REALLY want Independance?

A new opinion poll tonight suggests there is going to be a landslide victory in Scotland for the SNP.

When will the other parties take their heads out of the sand and address this? Miliband says he won't do a deal with the SNP, but he isn't in a position to do that when he is about to be decimated north of the border. Telllng people in Scotland to vote Labour makes him sound desperate.

The reality is that Labour plus SNP will hold the balance of power. Time to address that horrific prospect!
hyndburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-04-2015, 20:24   #287
Beacon of light

It is a mistake to believe the polls.
The only poll that matters is the one where you put the slip in the box on polling day.
People change their minds frequently in the days running up to an election. You are right in one respect though.....the prospect of a Labour SNP coalition is very scary!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2015, 21:19   #288
God Member

Only snp ,tories and ukip keep saying there will be a deal i can assure you and bet on my life there will be no coalition or any deals with the separatists, us labour supporters in scotland will never ever forget or forgive the intimidation at the hands of the separatists do not believe anything of the so called acceptable face (sturgeon) of the separatists. Scotland is even more divided but this is the usual policies of nationalists . Ukip an the snp are the same the politics of hate.
Old 17-04-2015, 21:22   #289
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
It is a mistake to believe the polls.
The only poll that matters is the one where you put the slip in the box on polling day.
People change their minds frequently in the days running up to an election. You are right in one respect though.....the prospect of a Labour SNP coalition is very scary!
The separatists infiltrate every poll attack every person who disagrees with them on the internet the are called the cybernats.
Old 17-04-2015, 22:01   #290
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Problem is though the wee ginger tom is very sure of herself, she walked all over red Ed, knocked down the Nige on a couple of occasions & generally got pretty positive feedback on her performance.

Added to that, she hasn't given up on her independent Jockland stance either, its' just been put on the back burner while she concentrates on stomping all over the tories for the foreseeable future & woe betide anyone who gets in her way or into bed with the SNP to improve their chances of election, that's as risky as waving yer nadger about in a tank full of unfed Piranhas! Most definitely not a good idea.
Old 18-04-2015, 09:24   #291
God Member

Ed played a flanker not playing knto the snp hands. Sturgeon was like a love struck puppy please ed please ed let me hold your hand lol this will confuse her political inept cult . Her cult accused jim murphy of being a bully last time he ripped her fantasies apart. So this time nice and easy goes as i see it ed came out as the only credible vote on the debate. Don't believe the polls as the cybernats hijack everything i admit labour will get a bloody nose but the nationalists will get a shock as it wont all go there way.
Old 18-04-2015, 10:39   #292
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
as i see it ed came out as the only credible vote on the debate.
You're having a laugh aren't you? He was simpering to the public with his puppy dog staring into the camera, the spaniel look of sincerity (which then scuttles off & widdles up your potted plants). As his mouth moved all that came out was the same old tired rhetoric as to why he & labour would be good for Britain ...... really? I think that labours past escapades highlights why they are most definitely not good for Britain

The "Wee Ginger", once again seemed to rule the roost! Assured & full of herself she either dominated or denigrated (probably does a side line in some rather outlandish leather/latex & I wouldn't be surprised if nut crackers weren't also part of the experience to boot). One to watch in my view, not in a passive way mind, more like a Mongoose does a snake, because undoubtedly given the chance she'll be sinking fangs into the unwary.

Ah Nige! The voice of the average man/woman on the street, likes a pint & a fag (don't we all? Probably even a fish supper or a curry afterwards too!). Talking the talk of pubs & working mens clubs up & down our sceptred Isle, unfortunately that's just it though, this resort of the hounded & hard done to is the only sanctuary left where these folk can freely air their views amongst like minded hoi polloi, the vox populous. Despite his parties quiet revolution & the seemingly successful gathering in of the disgruntled sheep to his shepherding, his Collie dogs, have the unfortunate habit of occasionally nipping, not ideal as the sheep will get scared & run away to their previous pastures where they felt safer.

As to the rest, no real striking or worthwhile gems from the hour & a half opportunity to prove their credentials or electability, nor encourage the floating voter to edge towards them & their party. It's either more treehugging, sack clothing & getting on yer bike or more Welshness, "see you Boyo!" There's a welcome in the hillsides if you like bonfires, come & watch as we burn English holiday cottages & how green was my valley? It could be again if you give us more English tax money ?????

The choice, as they say is yours! But when your stuck with nothing to choose from ...... Hmmm.
Barrie Yates likes this.
Old 18-04-2015, 13:03   #293
Beacon of light

I have tried desperately to avoid all the televised debates as I think they serve no earthly purpose other than making the politicians seem like they are in a talent contest.
Devaluing the importance of electioneering and putting it on an X Factor footing.
But I have not had ant real success in my avoidance as every news bulletin seems to want to rehash these pointless stage managed discussions.
My blood pressure shoots up every time that Nicola whatserface comes on......she reminds me of the grinning shark in Finding Nemo
I would not trust her as far as I could spit.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2015, 15:04   #294
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
Ed played a flanker not playing knto the snp hands. Sturgeon was like a love struck puppy please ed please ed let me hold your hand .
Funny but I saw it differently. She was demanding he agree to share with the SNP, making it clear he wouldn't be PM without her backing. Pure arrogance but she's lethally good at it.
I noticed although he said they had differences he wouldn't say he would never team up with a party whose only aim is to break up the UK. He's left the option open, can't afford to upset her too much. Needs the job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
You're having a laugh aren't you? He was simpering to the public with his puppy dog staring into the camera, the spaniel look of sincerity (which then scuttles off & widdles up your potted plants).
In a moment of masochism this lunchtime I watched 'puppy dog eyes' Ed giving a speech in the Wirral.
He's been having lessons!
Never once did he look into the camera, always moving his head around looking at his audience.
Even when his eyes swung across the room he never looked into it, either looked down or blinked as he crossed it.
Didn't really hear what he was saying, just watched his eyes- fascinating.
The boy's learning.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2015, 15:34   #295
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post

In a moment of masochism this lunchtime I watched 'puppy dog eyes' Ed giving a speech in the Wirral.
He's been having lessons!
Never once did he look into the camera, always moving his head around looking at his audience.
Even when his eyes swung across the room he never looked into it, either looked down or blinked as he crossed it.
Didn't really hear what he was saying, just watched his eyes- fascinating.
The boy's learning.
so hes finally learned not to make eye contact especially with a tv camera when lying

i thought that was the first thing they taught politicians to do

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2015, 18:20   #296

Watching the SNP Manifesto Launch this morning, I was struck with a sense of annoyance at a party with no mandate in the rest of the country could have the audacity to impose its views UK wide. No way can that be democratic.

But hold on. The last 5 years has seen a minority Conservative Government imposing its views on the rest of the UK. No mandate in Scotland to do so - only one MP in the whole country.

So anything the SNP do after the election will merely be payback time. And anyone who doesn't like it needs to campaign for a change to the political system. The SNP are simply playing the game - the same game that gave Tory and Labour Governments a mandate in past generations - to govern the WHOLE UK, despite having nowhere near the majority of voters supporting them.

And if you ever need further persuasion - read up on the imposition of the Poll Tax in Scotland in the late 80s. One of the most cynical, anti democratic pieces of legislation imposed in the UK in the 20th century.

The words 'chickens' 'coming' 'home' and 'to roost' come to mind.

And if Nicola Sturgeon is doing nothing else. she is marginalising the debate over the putrid, rabble rousing UKIP into an argument over whether they will get 2,3,or 4 seats at the election - about the same as the minority Northern Ireland parties.
Old 20-04-2015, 22:24   #297
God Member

I don't think they want independence ... more like what the Parti Quebecois and the Bloc refer to as sovereignty association/Souverainete Association. Which they just about have now ... more benefits than the rest of the country (paid for by the rest of the country), and no responsibilities. Not a bad deal. The only major differences between the Scottish Independents and the Pequistes is that the French have better food, sexier women, and are easier to understand. Oh ... and les Canadiennes de Montreal.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2015, 05:22   #298
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyndburner View Post
the putrid, rabble rousing UKIP
A rather harsh indictment is it not? And you surmised this .... ?
Old 21-04-2015, 12:11   #299

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
A rather harsh indictment is it not? And you surmised this .... ?
Wow where do I start?

Farage saying migrants should be left to drown? Or HIV patients shouldn't be treated? Use of selective statistics? Overstatement of the negative aspects of migration with no mention of the many positive aspects? Ludicrous criticism of the studio audience at the TV debate? Failure to appear in public with his wife who is.....shock, horror German.......the list goes on and on

Thankfully its not just me who thinks it. The long election campaign has shown that a party whose only policy seems to be to blame Johnny Foreigner for everything will soon run out of steam.

Nigel Farage is fading away without a fight - Telegraph

I have sympathy for this man:

Man says he's ALLERGIC to Nigel Farage | Daily Mail Online
Old 21-04-2015, 13:02   #300
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyndburner View Post
Wow where do I start?
I think you are being selective with you anti UKIP quotes. Have you read their manifesto?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..