Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Do the Scots REALLY want Independance
Yes 1 8.33%
No 11 91.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2010, 12:44   #31
God Member

Re: Do the Scots REALLY want Independance?

Careful with that "old". This dog still has all his own teeth.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:45   #32
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
MacGibson an American, err well no he's actually an Australian
I know Jays, I know. He's a Pom basher just pointing out that the films he's made with a historical background ? All seem to have a common theme, now I wonder what that could be ? Something to do with the wicked English perchance ?
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:51   #33
God Member

A great deal is made, in arty circles, of the connection between Van Goghs mental state and his surviving works. I wonder what a similar comparison would throw up in the case of Mr Gibson? I am sure that Freud would have a field day.
Old 03-08-2010, 13:06   #34
God Member

I believe Mr Gibson was born in the USA, moved to Australia as a child and then moved back to the USA and as such he holds joint US/Oz citizenship, which probably goes 99% of the way to explaining his state of mind. Both these nationalities have a justifiable inferiority complex to the English and a complete ignorance of their countries history with the mother country, so it is no surprise that Gibson directs and stars in the movie tat that he does.

Last edited by Tealeaf; 03-08-2010 at 13:12.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 14:04   #35
God Member

I was actually thinking more along the lines of the generally unpleasant ending most of his recent films seem to have; Apocalypto, Braveheart, The Passion. All of them feature extreme torture of the lead character ending in gruesome death.
Old 03-08-2010, 14:07   #36
God Member

You have the advantage of me there, A-B. I have not seen many of his films and of the ones I have seen I have either fallen asleep, switched off or walked out to the pub before the end. I take it I've not missed much?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 16:45   #37
God Member

All the parts quoted as being free might not be for much longer. There is a £5 billion black hole in the budget up here. Ok how it is pent and the amount per head beats me I am no mathmatics expert but if yon Barnett Formula was wrong within a few years then those in power should have known but did nothing. So if it is a central government error it cant be laid at the door of Scotland.

As a thought does that mean if Scotland was allowed to go it alone we wont have nukes on our doorstep but up the River Medway someware?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 17:07   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
I know Jays, I know. He's a Pom basher just pointing out that the films he's made with a historical background ? All seem to have a common theme, now I wonder what that could be ? Something to do with the wicked English perchance ?
Perfidious Albion once again Screw the illegitamates
Old 03-08-2010, 22:41   #39
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
All the parts quoted as being free might not be for much longer. There is a £5 billion black hole in the budget up here. Ok how it is pent and the amount per head beats me I am no mathmatics expert but if yon Barnett Formula was wrong within a few years then those in power should have known but did nothing. So if it is a central government error it cant be laid at the door of Scotland.
I've never been too bad at maths, but when they tell us that there are 60,000,000 plus unregistered others, living on this Island, of which 26% or whatever latest figure suits their mind, people work and pay taxes, I just can never work out how this many billion, or that many billion can be spent, lost, or frittered away.

We must be paying a fortune in hidden taxes, the lot of us are worth a fortune!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:57   #40
God Member

There must be more to this than they are admitting. Maybe if they push that Westminster is "bullying" by reducing money they can use it as "they dont want us so we need to go it alone" as an agenda piece to getting independence.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 04-08-2010, 09:07   #41
God Member

Now that Scotland has only one tory MP, the ConLibs might well consider it a good tactical move to give Scotland independance, and so remove scottish Labour MPs from Westminster.
This would give them a higher percentage of tories in parliament ie. a bigger majority.

The only way I can see this not happening is by intervention from those whose aim is a 'United States of Europe' (New World Order Bildeburg Group headed by Rothschilds and Rockerfellers)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:36   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Now that Scotland has only one tory MP, the ConLibs might well consider it a good tactical move to give Scotland independance, and so remove scottish Labour MPs from Westminster.
This would give them a higher percentage of tories in parliament ie. a bigger majority.

The only way I can see this not happening is by intervention from those whose aim is a 'United States of Europe' (New World Order Bildeburg Group headed by Rothschilds and Rockerfellers)

On that basis if they are few in number in Wales and Northern Ireland they could do the same to increase their majority further. It is fraught with danger and The SNP could also claim that they are being (Scotland) by an English party with English interests alone on the agenda. Just because there is not a lot of blue elsewere in the UK does not mean that it should be split but shows the blue brigade need to appeal to all not just the ones that they want.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 07-08-2010, 08:00   #43
Common Sense Member

Having just seen a snippet of the delightful Alex Salmond at work on First Minister's Questions he can now be quoted as saying that Scottish politics now revolves around full independence, but independence without financial responsibility.

That's good of you, Alex. More cake?

Wales is due another referendum in the spring regarding their full independence and it's wound him up so he wants to push for another one in Scotland. With people like that in power I hope they get what they want and Westminster gives them true independence without the monetary crutch of the English.

Let them eat cake.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:25   #44
God Member

Ken the majority up here dont want independence. The only way it would happen is if it was forced on us. Alex Salmond is good at playing games even when he knows a draw is the best he will get. I wonder if the maths he is using include a health service and armed forces never mind the benefits system. Scotland would become a 3rd world country for sure if granted independence. Just because people voted the SNP in does not mean it is because they want independence. It was moree to do with them being fed up with the Westminster puppets that were in. As there is no chance of Westminster puppets know he might find at the next election he is in opposition.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 07-08-2010, 09:03   #45
God Member

A bit old this one but gives the jist of feeling:

Scottish independence support at record low - Telegraph

And here is the Alex Salmond Proposal and isnt light reading:

Independence | SNP - Scottish National Party

And a curve ball:

From the Scotland Bill to Scottish independence… Slugger O'Toole

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..