Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-10-2010, 12:18   #1
God Member

“oppositional defiant disorder”

Psychiatrists regularly update their manual of conditions which they can diagnose as mental illness.

The latest update has a sinister addition
oppositional defiant disorder” or ODD

CONFIRMED: Psychiatric Manual DSM-IV-TR Labels free Thinkers, non conformers as Mentally Ill - USWGO Alternative News
These are the full list of who all will be targeted by this new disorder created by the American Psychiatric Association
1. Free Thinkers – Because they get in the way of the police state and become a obstacle to authority
2. Non conformers – Because they will cause civil disobedience which will make things harder on authorities
3. Oath Keepers – Because they will actively refuse any orders from higher ups to shoot American citizens, confiscate Americans guns when this action conflicts with the 2nd amendment, follow illegal orders aka orders that conflict with the Constitution and the laws legally passed. Oath keepers teach people to be disobedient to any authority that breaks the Constitution.
4. Highly creative artists – Because they are wasting time in the police state society and so they must also work like clockwork to be a good slave in society or risk being thrown in a mental institution.
5. Anyone that questions authority – Because the authority is god and anybody that questions authority must be a troublemaker that wishes to destabilize a society and commit acts of terrorism.

.....If you are a dissident you risk being diagnosed as mentally ill and certified and incarcerated in a mental hospital. That is similar to what the Stalinist regime did with their political dissidents.

This is clear evidence that Orwell's 1984 is starting to happen in USA - maybe here next.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-10-2010, 14:14   #2
God Member

Re: “oppositional defiant disorder”

You've missed out # 6:

6. Conspiracy Theorists - those that believe the world is controlled by an unholy concoption of aliens, freemasons, illuminati, the military-industrial complex, lizards, jews and non-vegetarians. To be treated with upmost caution and preferably locked up for good. Especially those from Accy, UK
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2010, 14:25   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
You've missed out # 6:

6. Conspiracy Theorists - those that believe the world is controlled by an unholy concoption of aliens, freemasons, illuminati, the military-industrial complex, lizards, jews and non-vegetarians. To be treated with upmost caution and preferably locked up for good. Especially those from Accy, UK
Well I don't think you should be locked up Tealeaf
Old 16-10-2010, 14:35   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well I don't think you should be locked up Tealeaf
And MargaretR?
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2010, 14:38   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
And MargaretR?
I'm glad you said that Gordon, I daren't
Old 16-10-2010, 14:44   #6
Senior Member+

No no Jaysay, I meant did you agree MargretR SHOULDN'T be locked up, a simple mis-understanding. Although she does appear to be a rather wide rangeing free thinker.
Old 16-10-2010, 14:46   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
No no Jaysay, I meant did you agree MargretR SHOULDN'T be locked up, a simple mis-understanding. Although she does appear to be a rather wide rangeing free thinker.
Thats our Margaret Gordon
Old 16-10-2010, 14:50   #8
Senior Member+

I've always been a coward, 'he who runs away lives' etc. Although reading the article, I fear MargartR might qualify!
Old 16-10-2010, 14:54   #9
God Member

Quote:
she does appear to be a rather wide rangeing free thinker.
Thank you for that wonderful compliment

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2010, 15:17   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Thank you for that wonderful compliment
It's a pleasure, MargaretR, you bring a breath of fresh air(sometimes quite heady) into this boring world.
Old 16-10-2010, 21:42   #11

ODD is not about "free thinkers" but generally diagnosed in children who are defiant over even the smallest demand - like "tidy your room" or "brush your teeth" - but to an extreme level.

It has little to do with free thinkers and a lot more to do with a lack of acceptance that the rules apply to them too. Quite a lot of kids with autism have been diagnosed with ODD...which is a really bad choice of name/acronym. I can think of lots of "odd" people without them having ODD...
Hiddlebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2010, 22:23   #12

I'm glad that you all think that this is a joke.

My Son has ADHD, was diagnosed late in life and has CD (conduct disorder) as well as ODD (Oppisitional and defiant disorder) which are co mobids of ADHD.

Until you have lived with a child or an adult with this, who are you to comment or make judgement?
Old 17-10-2010, 12:54   #13
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by forceten View Post

My Son has ADHD, was diagnosed late in life and has CD (conduct disorder) as well as ODD (Oppisitional and defiant disorder) which are co mobids of ADHD.

Until you have lived with a child or an adult with this, who are you to comment or make judgement?
I'm afraid my take on things won't go down very well with you either.

Although, as with most things, there are genuine cases it seems that many of these buzz acronyms are applied to children a little too freely these days. Chemical solutions such as Ritalin are favoured over a more behavioural approach such as good old-fashioned discipline.

ADHD was not around in the 1980s and the threat of George the Slipper being wielded across your bare backside was quite enough to keep us all in check without the need for any expensive psychoanalysis or drugs.

Two years ago a local boy was caught vandalising my house and we took part in something called Restorative Justice which basically involved everyone sitting in a room with the police thrashing it out. This little boy came from a broken home and was diagnosed with ADHD, filled to the brim each week with some wonder drug which wasn't working, and after talking to him it came out that what he really enjoyed doing was jigsaws. JIGSAWS. His family seemed shocked at the revelation so I dug out some of my old ones and gave them to him. Since then he has never caused any problems in the neighbourhood and I have been given respect by him simply by listening to him for two hours, something the family could have done in his 11 years on this Earth.

Science moves on and accurate diagnosis is a better way forward but when it is overused it simply becomes a crutch for the parents to absolve themselves of responsibility.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 14:55   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:

?
forceten,
This thread is about what MargaretR has found on one of her many weird and wonderfull expeditions into the alternative universe.
If you read her definition(in blue) it says that this is a NEW disorder created by the APA to target 'freethinkers, nonconformers, oath keepers, creative artists who should be working and be good slaves to the state and troublemakers who wish to destabilize society and commit acts of terrorism.
Nowhere does it refer to the very sad conditions your son suffers from and the posts are about MargaretR's further proof of a wordwide conspiracy.
I must admit I had never heard of ODD until MargaretR gave us the definition of her 'NEW DISORDER' although I have of course heard of ADHD.
I am sure the other posters didn't know ODD was already the definition of a real condition either and I am certain none of us intended to give offence or make jokes about it. I am sorry you took offence but perhaps you misread MargaretR's thread and our responding posts.
Old 17-10-2010, 16:05   #15
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:

You'd like my thoughts on it even less, o.k. You have a problem child, we have a problem parent with no sense of humour, do you want to know who?
Go look in a mirror!

Last edited by Less; 17-10-2010 at 16:10.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..