Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-12-2010, 14:33   #106
Senior Member+

Re: Legalise "Illegal" Drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
plonker is not verbal abuse, its my opinion of you, i stand by what i said dont know if hard to get these days as i am talking about the 60s, i also know where it was manufactured back then n what went in it, so i stand by the fact yer talking balls. but if you would like verbal abuse, i will be happy to oblige.
You don't know what your talking about! There was not one manufacturer of this drug in the 60's so how can you know where it was made? You may know one manufacturer - for all I know that could have been someone in Accrington who was trying to be clever with his chemistry set. But LSD was made by many sources, much of it in Holland. I think you don't have a clue about it mate really. If you can't have a intelligent conversation don't waste my time!

Last edited by kestrelx; 17-12-2010 at 14:36.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-12-2010, 14:47   #107
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Please don't use verbal abuse ? You come up with statements like the above ....... Not the smartest thing to say really is it ? You are a foolish individual, firstly for your comments & secondly to think you won't be judged. As it stands in UK Drugs are illegal endex ! No ifs or buts, I really couldn't care less what you do to yourself but the problem is the fallout !
My statments are right and proper. You are not clear about what statements I have made. So don't call me a foolish individual. Up until 1916 Cocaine could be bought in any chemist and up until 1960's Heroine was available in GP's. LSD as a chemical is not dangerous, it is the effect it has that can be dangerous - big difference. This thread is about whether "illegal" drugs should be legal or not?

Quote:
You personally may not have caused any problems to others with your drug taking, but for every one like you there's an innumerable amount of others who have ! How many times ? Granny beaten for 3 quid to feed yobs habit ! Home broken into by fix needing felon ! should I go on ? It's always about someone with a drug habit 99% of the time & not a drink issue.
There are people who beat up old people with out being on drugs, people who do it just for money or kicks - how many people are killed by hit and run drivers on drink and not drugs? Also drugs is a massive term there are 1,000's of types of drugs, some used and some abused.

Quote:
And before you go on about Drunks, I know ! They aren't exactly saints either but the majority of them are doing it to each other down town in a drunken miasma with other Drunks & not attacking some old dear on her way to the shops for a pint of milk ! You really should rethink your lifestyle choices friend.
I don't take drugs pal! In fact the drugs I have been prescribed by a Doctor legal drugs for normal illness give me more undesirable side effects than other drugs I had before. Drink is a harmful drug that keeps people dumb. There is always some loud mouth who's drank too much causing trouble.
Old 17-12-2010, 14:52   #108
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
You don't know what your talking about! There was not one manufacturer of this drug in the 60's so how can you know where it was made? You may know one manufacturer - for all I know that could have been someone in Accrington who was trying to be clever with his chemistry set. But LSD was made by many sources, much of it in Holland. I think you don't have a clue about it mate really. If you can't have a intelligent conversation don't waste my time!
you really are a fool, twas made in the science lab of a uni, which supplied much of the north west, its you that are clueless stupid n know nowt.
Old 17-12-2010, 14:53   #109
JFT96

The problem is that you have now admitted to using class a drugs.

So why should anyone listen to your ramblings.

There is no need for anyone to take Lysergic acid diethylamide recreationally, so why bother to legalise it.
The simple fact is these drugs cause problems to the user and to society as a whole.
From users hurting themselves to people being robbed to feed a habit.
Do not for one second think you can try to argue the point that illegal drugs do not have serious consequences, because they do.

Just to add about the legalisation issue, in parts of Holland, the municipal parks and children's playgrounds are awash with the waste of drug users. Nasty things like spent needles. Also it is now a drug tourist hotspot for people to go to.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 15:05   #110
JFT96

Quote:
Kestrelx Said in post 102: Your wrong I have taken LSD
Then in post 107 Kestrelx said
Quote:
I don't take drugs pal!
Sounds like you are a bit confused!!! Maybe you should lay off the acid

Old 17-12-2010, 15:18   #111
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post

thats the trouble wi some- they just dig deeper.
Old 17-12-2010, 15:36   #112
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
My statments are right and proper. You are not clear about what statements I have made. (Yes I am as you've written them for myself & others to read) So don't call me a foolish individual. Up until 1916 Cocaine could be bought in any chemist and up until 1960's Heroine was available in GP's.(Have a look at the Calendar....er, 2010) LSD as a chemical is not dangerous, it is the effect it has that can be dangerous (Which is the point of the arguement isn't it ?)- big difference. This thread is about whether "illegal" drugs should be legal or not? (Like I said the drugs you're referring to are in UK illegal, endex!)

There are people who beat up old people with out being on drugs, people who do it just for money or kicks - how many people are killed by hit and run drivers on drink and not drugs?(Granted but turn it round, as you insist this debate is about illegal Drugs.) Also drugs is a massive term there are 1,000's of types of drugs, some used and some abused. (Again see above illegal Drugs.)

I don't take drugs pal! (funny that, I wish you'd make your mind up, you quite clearly stated that you had :Your wrong I have taken LSD - So I am talking from experience these are your very own words) In fact the drugs I have been prescribed by a Doctor legal drugs for normal illness give me more undesirable side effects than other drugs I had before. (Do keep going) Drink is a harmful drug that keeps people dumb. There is always some loud mouth who's drank too much causing trouble.
Seems you are pretty confused KX. And should you now wish to continue with your tirade, at least put facts out there so that we don't get mislead if that's the case by your self aggrandizing statements (See above in RED). So you see, with statements like those the expression foolish is one of the politer terms I would use for people (not just you) who claim they've taken illegal drugs.

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 17-12-2010 at 15:40.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 16:31   #113
Senior Member+

Quote:

I took acid about 30 years ago! So at least I have the experience to know what I am talking about. Not just what I read 2nd hand in the sun or some excuse for a news paper.
Old 17-12-2010, 16:34   #114
Senior Member+

Quote:
The problem is that you have now admitted to using class a drugs.

So why should anyone listen to your ramblings.

There is no need for anyone to take Lysergic acid diethylamide recreationally, so why bother to legalise it.
The simple fact is these drugs cause problems to the user and to society as a whole.
From users hurting themselves to people being robbed to feed a habit.
Do not for one second think you can try to argue the point that illegal drugs do not have serious consequences, because they do.

Just to add about the legalisation issue, in parts of Holland, the municipal parks and children's playgrounds are awash with the waste of drug users. Nasty things like spent needles. Also it is now a drug tourist hotspot for people to go to.
I don't care much for what you say! You can't have a decent debate about this issue so you are now trying to manipulate what I have said! Can't even be bothered with it anymore - don't waste my time, if you can't ahve a decent conversation without reverting to personal attacks!
Old 17-12-2010, 16:39   #115
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Seems you are pretty confused KX. And should you now wish to continue with your tirade, at least put facts out there so that we don't get mislead if that's the case by your self aggrandizing statements (See above in RED). So you see, with statements like those the expression foolish is one of the politer terms I would use for people (not just you) who claim they've taken illegal drugs.

You don't know what you are on about mate. You are the one that doesn't know what they are talking about same with Cashman. I am glad I took LSD it was a positive experience. It is the fools down the pub who when drunk buy drugs and take them while drunk for a laugh - and then have a nightmare experience which is caused by the alcohol.
Old 17-12-2010, 16:41   #116
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
you really are a fool, twas made in the science lab of a uni, which supplied much of the north west, its you that are clueless stupid n know nowt.
Go suck a dummy

ha ha ha! You are being childish! Several posts back you called me a plonker don't waste my time. So the LSD was made in a uni, what does that mean? Was it some student doing it when the teacher wasn't looking Most LSD in this country was made in Holland in the 70's.
Old 17-12-2010, 17:16   #117
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
You don't know what you are on about mate. You are the one that doesn't know what they are talking about same with Cashman.
In what respect exactly ? Could you be more precise with your arguments ? You really aren't doing your cause any good at all from your last few entries.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 18:02   #118
JFT96

Kestralex,
Just to answer a few points:
1:
Quote:
I took acid about 30 years ago! So at least I have the experience to know what I am talking about. Not just what I read 2nd hand in the sun or some excuse for a news paper.
Just because I have not taken any Class A drugs, or any illegal drugs, does not exclude me from having any knowledge on the subject.
I studied Psychology a long time ago and we looked at all manner of mind altering substances back then. Not just LSD.
For your information I do not and have never read the Red Top newspapers, I used to read the Times, until it went to the new improved size...

Quote:
I don't care much for what you say! You can't have a decent debate about this issue so you are now trying to manipulate what I have said!
The whole point of a debate is to listen to the other sides arguments, however you have attacked anyone who questions your point of view, sometimes aggressively. I have not tried to manipulate anything you have said...

3:
Quote:
Can't even be bothered with it anymore - don't waste my time, if you can't ahve a decent conversation without reverting to personal attacks!
If reading and responding to the other side of this argument, I suggest you should not have started it in the first place. I have not resorted to a personal attack, it is pointless and counter-productive.

Have you not realised, you are starting to look a bit foolish. I suggest you stop now before you say something you regret.

Old 17-12-2010, 18:47   #119
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Again you don't know what that Ecstasy was cut with. People who are ardently against drugs don't care if it was laced, all they care about is keeping drugs illegal.
I don't give a sh 1 t whether is cut with or without anything, anybody who puts these drugs in their bodies just for kicks is a sandwich short of a picnic, end of story
Old 17-12-2010, 18:56   #120
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Its no use using smiles, the issues with these illegal drugs don't appear exclusively in the red tops, the devastation caused is often reported on all news channels and have been featured on such documentary programs Panorama, Dispatches

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..