Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2011, 21:55   #31
Give, give, give member

Re: Jack Straw, Racist or Correct?

Hardly the oufits of pre-teen strumpets.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-01-2011, 22:10   #32

Not sure how Jack Straw can be racist for stating fact, some may not be too comfy about it but it’s going on.

As far as a female being seen as “easy meat” or asking for it because of the clothes they wear just doesn’t wash.

On holiday lots of women go topless, are they to be viewed as “easy” ? Some use nudist beaches, some are more adventurous and do the sex party scene it’s their choice, it doesn’t mean they want to be violated and it certainly doesn’t give anyone the right to do so.
Old 08-01-2011, 22:11   #33
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I think many of the Asian leaders are in denial about this situation.
What else is new, they deny every thing, even when its under their noses and proven. Just goes to show how much these asian leaders know or are in control of their followers.

Retlaw.

Last edited by Neil; 09-01-2011 at 07:12. Reason: fix quote
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 22:16   #34
white rabbits

When you put the full story, maybe i am bang out of order ,,perhaps i am living in the past ,i didnt mean to be quite so rude,,,but the dress sense and the language of some girls today is to say at the very least,,eye opening,,,,,
Old 08-01-2011, 22:17   #35

You cant lay the blame at the door of the religious leaders, what can they do? Why should an Asian pay anymore attention to their local religious leader than I do to the local Vicar ?
Old 08-01-2011, 22:28   #36
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
You cant lay the blame at the door of the religious leaders, what can they do? Why should an Asian pay anymore attention to their local religious leader than I do to the local Vicar ?

There is a huge difference between your vicar and an imam.
The imams have a vast influence in their community......therefore the power to influence the male population.
They aren't just religious leaders they are respected in their community and are seen as wise.
The muslim religion is different too.....the children are inculcated(some would say brainwashed) into the dogmas of the faith as soon as they can talk....some would say, as soon as they are born as the newborn child has a prayer whispered into its ear as soon as possible after it is born.

Granny I know what you are saying, but it still doesn't excuse the men......they(in lots of cases) drugged or plied the girls with alcohol so that they couldn't resist, they isolated them from any friends and family that they might have, and then they used threats and intimidation in order to sexually abuse the girls.......and this is a very serious situation.
It has been going on for a number of years.......the LET highlighted it a couple of years ago and still it is happening.
It is not before time that Jack Straw has woken up to this fact.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 22:31   #37
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post

True, but you can question a culture that prizes the 'purity' of it's own female relatives, but with some quite happy to rape girls as young as eleven, who happen to be from a differing cultural background.

Anyone who doesn't think this grooming/abuse isn't rife is deluded.

There are as many as ten 'slag houses' (rented properties used as drinking/smoking/gang banging dens) within five miles of Accy Town Hall.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:22   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
True, but you can question a culture that prizes the 'purity' of it's own female relatives, but with some quite happy to rape girls as young as eleven, who happen to be from a differing cultural background.

Anyone who doesn't think this grooming/abuse isn't rife is deluded.

There are as many as ten 'slag houses' (rented properties used as drinking/smoking/gang banging dens) within five miles of Accy Town Hall.
but with some quite happy to rape girls as young as eleven, who happen to be from a differing cultural background.

think this could also apply to many "Brits" who travel to the far-east for a bit of "lads fun"

There are as many as ten 'slag houses' (rented properties used as drinking/smoking/gang banging dens) within five miles of Accy Town Hall

same old story , same as drugs , a local ten year old can tell where the local 'crack' house is , but the authoritys have a problem finding them, wonder why

re. my earlier post about the family circumstances of these kids ,which you seemed to take umbrage too, the point I was making was that if the parents/caregivers of these kids were 'on the ball' some of this abuse could have been prevented
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:29   #39
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
but with some quite happy to rape girls as young as eleven, who happen to be from a differing cultural background.

think this could also apply to many "Brits" who travel to the far-east for a bit of "lads fun"

There are as many as ten 'slag houses' (rented properties used as drinking/smoking/gang banging dens) within five miles of Accy Town Hall

same old story , same as drugs , a local ten year old can tell where the local 'crack' house is , but the authoritys have a problem finding them, wonder why

re. my earlier post about the family circumstances of these kids ,which you seemed to take umbrage too, the point I was making was that if the parents/caregivers of these kids were 'on the ball' some of this abuse could have been prevented
I quite agree. Sex tourists, those who exploit those from third world countries, could also be classed as racially motivated, in that they target the economically vunerable from poor countries.

I really don't see what the child victims wore, or their family background has to do with these crimes.

Raping children is wrong, full stop.

In the real world even children from two parent families, with a home with a picket fence, and roses round the door, can't be kept under lock and key 24/7, in that most have to venture out into the world, to attend school etc.

Old 09-01-2011, 09:37   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
not making any excuses for the abuse , but has anyone done a study to find if there is a common factor amongst the girls who are being targeted .....how many come from "homes" with no proper family structure . The mention that Asian girls aren't being targeted could be that their parents/families don't allow them to get into situations where "bad" things could happen. ......... bit like the (US) TV ad.... "It's 10 o clock , do you know where your kids are"
Jack Straw is partly correct, but I wonder how many cases have their been of this? Asian men grooming and then abusing these young girls? As far as I can see it's not a frequent event, but I don't know all the statistics.

You often see groups of girls aged from about 12 up to 16 at night standing on house estates - this is the parents fault and they are obviously from dysfuntional familes, perhaps with single mothers etc. These are the type of kids targeted. It's the fact of the difference in contemporary British cultural values compared to those of Asian ones.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:43   #41
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Please yourself, why do you think they dress like that, to attract other girls, No to show their sex appeal, that they have more umph, than the others. I still say there is no need for them to be strutting around 1/2 naked, and not expecting a result.
None of my daugters were allowed out dressed like that, and they were banned from entering pubs & clubs.
Retlaw.
You know me Walter and I very much respect you, but I think your wrong in this case mate, to me its called growing up, kids of 12 or 13 are just following trends, things they read about in mags such as bunty and the like, they certainly don't go out with a sign on their back saying rape me
Old 09-01-2011, 09:44   #42
God Member

I get so very angry when I read some of the replies posted on here. Why can't people deal with the facts??? The facts as reported in the papers and in TV shows such as the one Jaysay mentioned are that gangs of monsters are targetting young girls to procure them for sex. Plying them with drugs and drink into the bargain, how the girls dress or whether they come from a broken home is irrelevant.

What is happening is wrong and if people can't see that it is their problem. Maybe if folk stopped making excuses for the scum justice might be seen to be done if/when they are apprehended.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:48   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Jack Straw is partly correct, but I wonder how many cases have their been of this? Asian men grooming and then abusing these young girls? As far as I can see it's not a frequent event, but I don't know all the statistics.

You often see groups of girls aged from about 12 up to 16 at night standing on house estates - this is the parents fault and they are obviously from dysfuntional familes, perhaps with single mothers etc. These are the type of kids targeted. It's the fact of the difference in contemporary British cultural values compared to those of Asian ones.
Why is it ok to target young girls who happen to be out at night??? Why is it ok for Asian men to groom these girls??? The fact is this is child abuse and no amount of excuses can change that fact
Old 09-01-2011, 09:50   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
I get so very angry when I read some of the replies posted on here. Why can't people deal with the facts??? The facts as reported in the papers and in TV shows such as the one Jaysay mentioned are that gangs of monsters are targetting young girls to procure them for sex. Plying them with drugs and drink into the bargain, how the girls dress or whether they come from a broken home is irrelevant.

What is happening is wrong and if people can't see that it is their problem. Maybe if folk stopped making excuses for the scum justice might be seen to be done if/when they are apprehended.
Spot on Bernie. I'm male, I see females dressed in all sorts of skimpy clothing, I don't go out plying them with drugs and alchohol and raping them. It's not difficult to understand whats right and wrong is it
Old 09-01-2011, 09:50   #45
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post

'...researchers identified 17 court prosecutions since 1997, 14 of them in the past three years, involving the on-street grooming of girls aged 11 to 16 by groups of men.'

'Three of the 56 were white, 53 were Asian'

Read more: Asian sex gangs: 'Culture of silence' allows grooming of white girls for fear of being racist | Mail Online

These are the facts, regarding prosecutions of on-street grooming.

No one is saying that all men of Pakistani heritage are doing this, just as all white men, who make up the vast majority of those prosecuted for on-line grooming, aren't child abusers.

It is done by a minority of men, who see some girls as easy targets.

Last edited by garinda; 09-01-2011 at 09:53.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..