Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-01-2011, 14:46   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: Oldham East & Saddleworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
Mods, somehow I've managed to create a second profile by logging in incorrectly. Could you do something about it for me please?
For a minite I thought of God no he's got a clone
Old 15-01-2011, 14:49   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
I'm not denying his ability to get things done and I'm sure the good people of St Andrews are well looked after but the problem is that there are 15 other wards which make up Hyndburn and he is supposed to be Leader of them all.

It's easy to look after your ward when you control the money and it hasn't taken me 8 months to work that out.
You've been there 8 months, he's been there 28 years and maybe, just maybe he remembers when year after year Ossy got the mucky end of the stick, not for 8 months but year after year after year
Old 15-01-2011, 14:58   #33
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You've been there 8 months, he's been there 28 years and maybe, just maybe he remembers when year after year Ossy got the mucky end of the stick, not for 8 months but year after year after year
Ah, so two wrongs make a right?

So many things to learn about politics!

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2011, 15:03   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Ah, so two wrongs make a right?

So many things to learn about politics!

Well it aways does when Labour are on the good side but not when the Tories are in the same boat, and yes your quite right, a hell of a lot
Old 17-01-2011, 01:58   #35

Quote:
Staggeringly, that's not a bad turnout! The average figure for any election which isn't the General is usually around the 25-30% mark.

To put it in perspective, in Rishton last year we got the highest turnout in the whole of Hyndburn with 68%, still leaving a considerable number who didn't make their voices heard.
Yes I would thought more would have turned out, with the amount of canversing that went on was remarkable (I live in Shaw, which falls within the Oldham East and Saddleworth constuancy), I received no shotage of leaflets and 'newspaper' type information. The fact that a Labour candidate(Debbie Abrahams) was elected was no suprise as labour is in the blood of many within these areas of Oldham.

Last edited by James1234; 17-01-2011 at 02:03.
James1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..