Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2011, 19:06   #91
Give, give, give member

Re: Hyndburn's New Tourist Attraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Here's a mathematical formula for you:

If:

a = cost of excess butties at council meetings

b = cost of flash mobbing

c = cost of Leaders medal

and

d = marginal cost of keeping open Peel Street Bogs

Then is a+b+c < or > d

Answers, please.
Could I answer using the medium of dance?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-02-2011, 19:13   #92
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
The answer is P
Wrong.

a x b x c = P
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 19:15   #93
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Wrong.

a x b x c = P

I soft shoe shuffled that answer.

Old 01-02-2011, 19:47   #94

e-mail sent

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:18   #95
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well just got a flyer through the door explaining the small play area/ park on street, is being refurbished. must be made nice fer all the chavs that use it frequently to sup cans. yet they close the public loos in town centre, so bus drivers, shopkeepers, n ordinary shoppers are knackered, seems priorities n hyndburn council, should not be used in the same sentence.
This picture is getting a lot of use

Old 02-02-2011, 08:27   #96
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
This is getting a lot of use
So is this Neil
Attached Images
File Type: jpg loo.jpg (24.9 KB, 1 views)
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:37   #97
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

To a thick pleb like me I am sure there is not a full time job in looking after one set of toilets so why cant the same attendant look after 2 sets?

Leave both open and better serve the public.

I would like to hear the official reason why Peel street are not open at the same time as the market hall ones.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:49   #98
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Not heart, I'm loyal, I may not have met you yet in person, but you are important to me on AccyWeb & if you are missing I like to hear where you're at.
I don't know if you've noticed, your friends on here are like that. (bitch).

Some even visit just to shorten your breath, (will Mick ever live down standing on your oxygen line).
Aaaaaaaaaaaaah what was that, just getting my breath back before micks next visit he may just bring you one of these days Less, Beni ventured and seems to have had no lasting effect on him Even so its nice to know I'm missed whenever I fail to clock-in
Old 02-02-2011, 08:51   #99
Resting in Peace

Quote:
The answer is P
Everybody knows to have to show your workings to get to the answer Dave
Old 02-02-2011, 09:41   #100
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
To a thick pleb like me I am sure there is not a full time job in looking after one set of toilets so why cant the same attendant look after 2 sets?

Leave both open and better serve the public.

I would like to hear the official reason why Peel street are not open at the same time as the market hall ones.

On this occasion I will have to disagree with you being a thick pleb

There is no reason they can't be open. The toilets haven't had attendants for months now, they are based in the Market Hall. The shutters are opened early in the morning by the porters from the market, the attendants don't start work until 9.30am. The toilets are checked at the most twice a day which hardly takes any time. Even when the attendants were based at Peel St there were days they weren't checked if the attendant on duty that day was off sick.

The decision has been made purely to increase the footfall in the market. Serving the public is not an option for elected councillors these days.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:17   #101
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I'm actually sure that come May things will change overnight when the Caped Crusader sweeps in from Rishton, all the toilets will be open 24/7 all bowls will have seats on them, it will be the land of milk and honey
The Rishton Avenger is not obsessed day and night with getting his face in the paper saying how wonderful Hyndburn Council is, or how many meaningless awards we're paying to win.

The good people of Hyndburn want decent services provided in return for their tax money, not a weekly resume of how effing blinding frigging grateful they should be for having such an excellent council and brass plaques all over the shop proclaiming that a man taking home in excess of £30k is charging around the borough cutting ribbons and smiling for the cameras.

The lies are even spreading to Rishton with the latest copy of the Vision newspaper showing Cllr Stan Horne to have singlehandedly got the infamous Spring Street derelicts knocked down. They still appear to be there and since the Chief Executive of the council told me not two weeks ago that negotiations are a long way from being complete I'm more likely to believe him than a piece of election propoganda.

The expenses saga in Hyndburn is now gathering momentum and the fairly rudimentary digging I've done on it so far suggests that things have been claimed for in the Conservative camp without any actual meetings taking place.

The integrity of the current controlling group is somewhat suspect and whilst some of us try in vain to get the best for the borough it seems that we also have plenty of workshy councillors that only pop their heads above the parapet to garner votes.

It is disappointing and indicative of why people are so disillusioned with politicians.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:20   #102
God Member

Just as London's streets are paved with Gold, Accringtons streets will soon be paved with a funny looking wet gold. One bloke who decided he didn't have time to dash off to the market hall because he would miss his bus relieved himself behind the Tardis
Old 02-02-2011, 10:20   #103
Give, give, give member

Quote:
On this occasion I will have to disagree with you being a thick pleb

There is no reason they can't be open. The toilets haven't had attendants for months now, they are based in the Market Hall. The shutters are opened early in the morning by the porters from the market, the attendants don't start work until 9.30am. The toilets are checked at the most twice a day which hardly takes any time. Even when the attendants were based at Peel St there were days they weren't checked if the attendant on duty that day was off sick.

The decision has been made purely to increase the footfall in the market. Serving the public is not an option for elected councillors these days.
Surely the powers that be must have accurate, full facts and figures, showing exactly how much money will be saved, if the Peel St. toilets are closed.

Surely?

Old 02-02-2011, 10:23   #104
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Surely the powers that be must have accurate, full facts and figures, showing exactly how much money will be saved, if the Peel St. toilets are closed.

Surely?

The request has gone in so we'll see what fruit it yields.

Expect an article in the Observer proclaiming Accrington to have the bestest toilets in the world.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:31   #105
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
The request has gone in so we'll see what fruit it yields.

Expect an article in the Observer proclaiming Accrington to have the bestest toilets in the world.
Well if its in the observer in must be true, that's what George Slynn always said

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..