Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2011, 18:57   #181
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Hyndburn's New Tourist Attraction

Being just a touch cynical on the odd occasion, I'm just wondering, as our glorious leader has said,
Quote:
What's all the fuss?
Could it be that what we are looking at here is a smoke screen?

Could it be that he has no real intentions of closing the toilets but instead has something else in mind?

Perhaps a few redundancies? However knowing how peoples feelings are running high at the moment and elections coming up, if he was to dismiss people off his own bat not a popular move.

If he was to stir the pot a little & create a slight diversion, say alter the opening times of some toilets and claim that it's 'cost cutting'.

Then when he backs down and says o.k. keep the toilets open but I was doing it in an attempt to save jobs, now, my people of Hyndburn I have no alternative but to find a different way of saving money, jobs will have to go!

Then like Pontius Pilate this vile man can claim that his hands are clean because the people have spoken.

He might not be capable of thinking up such a scheme, but I bet he knows a few men that can.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-02-2011, 19:34   #182
God Member

i wonder how long it will be before that so called lift starts stinking of urine, not everyone can hold it in
Old 03-02-2011, 19:57   #183
God Member

i reckon this song sums up that Britcliffe fella
(him being the gaffer)

Old 03-02-2011, 19:59   #184
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Then like Pontius Pilate this vile man can claim that his hands are clean because the people have spoken.

Judging from the Facebook campaign and the speed with which this thread is growing, I suspect they already have.

Dictating to the people instead of listening? Told you what would happen, forgive me for sniggering, Peter.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 20:13   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
Judging from the Facebook campaign and the speed with which this thread is growing, I suspect they already have.

Dictating to the people instead of listening? Told you what would happen, forgive me for sniggering, Peter.
Yes it is pleasing, but now is perhaps not the time to gloat? Save that for May.

What I hypothesised about in:-

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/880371-post181.html

Could perhaps happen, so maybe you should give some thought about saving jobs before he uses such a low down method of facesaving.

Old 03-02-2011, 20:15   #186
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Talking of which, if any Accy Web member thinks the closure of these town centre toilets is wrong, and would like to join the Facebook campaign, to try and reverse this ludicrous decision, please feel free to join the growing throng.

Campaign Against Hyndburn Council Closing Peel St Toilets

http://www.facebook.com/garinda#!/ho...81827041855939

If Facebook can help bring down an Egyptian dictator, we can similarly help pull the chain here.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 20:17   #187
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
If Facebook can help bring down an Egyptian dictator, we can similarly help pull the chain here.

Keep your eyes open for a Hyndburn Council van going round removing all telephone cables and masts tomorrow
Old 03-02-2011, 20:26   #188
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

whilst yes its been said there is a lift( minute though it is) no consideration has been given at all to people that are unable to use such a contraption.
Old 03-02-2011, 20:29   #189
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Keep your eyes open for a Hyndburn Council van going round removing all telephone cables and masts tomorrow
Oh no.

It's not more tax payers' money being spent on another community arts project, is it?

Flash Mob Attack, in Victorian costume.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:40   #190
Resting in Peace

Well if the powers that be want to show members from other areas around the new market hall you can bet it will be on a Monday,Wednesday or Sunday then they can say how people are supporting the new market just look at the statistics for more foot fall to the market. (forgetting to mention the toilets are closed on these days)

Suppose its one way of getting more people into the market hall

Last edited by Mick; 04-02-2011 at 05:42.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:41   #191
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Yes it is pleasing, but now is perhaps not the time to gloat? Save that for May.

What I hypothesised about in:-

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/880371-post181.html

Could perhaps happen, so maybe you should give some thought about saving jobs before he uses such a low down method of facesaving.

We're now so far gone as far as democracy is concerned that the only thing left to do is ride it out until the voters say otherwise. When councillors are finding out what the Cabinet have decided from the papers and the internet then you know something is wrong.

I feel sorry for the decent Tory councillors out there (and they know who they are) because they're lumped in with the Leader of the Council. I get on very well with a few of them and can work positively alongside them on committees but you can see the whip being cracked at voting time and I'm not convinced that it's what they really think to be honest.

The local elections in May are the best way to change things, encourage everyone you know to go and vote.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:05   #192

Quote:
The local elections in May are the best way to change things, encourage everyone you know to go and vote.
Always do and always will.

No matter who they vote for, even if they just turn up and destroy their ballot, so long as they make the effort rather than come out with something along the lines of, "what's the point I don't make a difference".
Old 04-02-2011, 08:11   #193
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Always do and always will.

No matter who they vote for, even if they just turn up and destroy their ballot, so long as they make the effort rather than come out with something along the lines of, "what's the point I don't make a difference".
My sentiments entirely. Red, blue or other, make your personal views known at the ballot box, it is the loudest voice we have to make our feelings of politicians known.

If you don't use the opportunity then don't moan too loudly about the state of the borough.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:32   #194
God Member

Quote:
I feel sorry for the decent Tory councillors out there (and they know who they are) because they're lumped in with the Leader of the Council. I get on very well with a few of them and can work positively alongside them on committees but you can see the whip being cracked at voting time and I'm not convinced that it's what they really think to be honest.

Unless they stand up and be counted the ordinary Joe Public will think otherwise
Old 04-02-2011, 08:50   #195
God Member

one of my friends who lives in Accy doesn't vote, i've told her she will this year, even if i've to drag her across the road to the polling station

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..