Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: do you support mass protest against a government?
yes 20 76.92%
no 6 23.08%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2011, 21:43   #46
Give, give, give member

Re: would you support protest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
All successive British governments have only backed revolutions, as long as they think there'll be something in it for them.

They were still supporting Mubarak until it was clear he'd lost. Then it was jolly well done you protesters.

Brtitish governments have supported Egypt for years, despite it being a police state, with one of the worst human rights records on the planet.

Mr.Blair took his family on their summer holidays to Egypt, twice, as the guest of that nice President Mubarak, whilst he was Prime Minister.

Don't start playing party politics.

As Cashy said, they're all cut from the same cloth.

In this case, it was stuffed in Cherie's bulging suitcase, filled with bargain Egyptian 2-fold cotton poplin bed sheets.

Last edited by garinda; 20-02-2011 at 21:46.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-02-2011, 21:50   #47
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
OK .. they are all the same.. but Cameron is our prime minister and the man on the world stage.. even I don't take much notice of what labour say... so I doubt north africa and the middle east are interested.
Don't disillusion me.

I thought the Arab world was waiting with bated breath, for the next proclaimation about the situation, from that bald Yorkshire man. The one, who in true tight arse Yorkshire style, shares a double room with his young special advisor lad.

Old 20-02-2011, 21:53   #48
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Don't disillusion me.

I thought the Arab world was waiting with bated breath, for the next proclaimation about the situation, from that bald Yorkshire man. The one, who in true tight arse Yorkshire style, shares a double room with his young special advisor lad.

Hague.

Foreign Secretary, or something.

That's the chappy.

Please don't tell me the world's not listening to him.

Old 20-02-2011, 21:59   #49
God Member

Quote:
Hague.

Foreign Secretary, or something.

That's the chappy.

Please don't tell me the world's not listening to him.

You had it right the first time.. the bald geezer from yorkshire..drinks bitter and is a big player on the world stage.. I imagine Mugabe and such are quaking in thier boots
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 22:10   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
OK .. they are all the same.. but Cameron is our prime minister and the man on the world stage.. even I don't take much notice of what labour say... so I doubt north africa and the middle east are interested.
oh hes P.M. alright, the mans a crafty reptile Mancie, making all the right noises such as E.U.Human Rights, clamping down on benefits etc etc, every issue he brings up was labours fault, much of it empty rhetoric, but the "Gullible" in society are lapping it up, the man is dangerous n has every chance of conning the public big time this term!!!
Old 20-02-2011, 22:15   #51
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I imagine Mugabe and such are quaking in thier boots

No, they won't be.

Though the people who have answered the advertisment to be his new special advisor, probably are.

Old 20-02-2011, 22:26   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
oh hes P.M. alright, the mans a crafty reptile Mancie, making all the right noises such as E.U.Human Rights, clamping down on benefits etc etc, every issue he brings up was labours fault, much of it empty rhetoric, but the "Gullible" in society are lapping it up, the man is dangerous n has every chance of conning the public big time this term!!!
Well no surprise that he ain't conned you..I've got a funny feeling even the "Gullible" will crack on to him and Clegg in the not to distant future.. but then the hardcore "head in the sand" bods will support this disaster of a government to the bitter end.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 23:02   #53

I don't know if any of you are aware of UKuncut, which is a grassroots movement by ordinary people to get large companies, who pay little or no tax in this country to pay up.
UK Uncut

They describe themselves as direct action against the cuts. I first heard of them at the beginning of November, when they had started targetting vodaphone. They are now having nationwide protests every weekend.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 10:30   #54
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
I don't know if any of you are aware of UK uncut, which is a grassroots movement by ordinary people to get large companies, who pay little or no tax in this country to pay up.
UK Uncut

They describe themselves as direct action against the cuts. I first heard of them at the beginning of November, when they had started targeting vodafone. They are now having nationwide protests every weekend.
Maybe you posting this now would have meant a little more if you'd have done it 5 years ago, as I remember very little was don't by Blair, Brown and co in this direction when they had the chance, no, instead they chose to wreck the pension scheme for millions of people to carry on the tax and spend ethos and when that ran dry the started to borrow like there was no tomorrow
Old 21-02-2011, 10:34   #55
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Maybe you posting this now would have meant a little more if you'd have done it 5 years ago, as I remember very little was don't by Blair, Brown and co in this direction when they had the chance, no, instead they chose to wreck the pension scheme for millions of people to carry on the tax and spend ethos and when that ran dry the started to borrow like there was no tomorrow
I don't know why you don't save yourself some time, and effort, and just post this...

Quote:
Usual reply

Old 21-02-2011, 11:01   #56
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I don't know why you don't save yourself some time, and effort, and just post this...

Well I have one hell of a teacher when it comes to repeating myself
Old 21-02-2011, 12:31   #57
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Well I have one hell of a teacher when it comes to repeating myself
Thank you.

I always assumed no one bothered reading mine.

Very gratifying to know different.

Old 21-02-2011, 15:49   #58
Give, give, give member

I have been on protest marches, for specific issues, but things would have to change radically before I took to the streets, to demand a different style of government, from the type we have now.

It's far from perfect, but I feel lucky to live in this country, and don't want to see what we have now overthrown.

Old 21-02-2011, 18:37   #59
JFT96

just got back from a 'hot' of the world. We managed to get some Western Doctors and their families out...the joy of Biz jets
Felt sorry for those that are there, maybe the dictator has now left.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 18:39   #60
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
just got back from a 'hot' of the world. We managed to get some Western Doctors and their families out...the joy of Biz jets
Felt sorry for those that are there, maybe the dictator has now left.
It being your neck of the woods, think about you everytime it's on the news.

Take care.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..