Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2011, 09:06   #106
Resting in Peace

Re: EDL mayhem in Blackburn tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
I have heard that before... but talking about believing statistics..... do you actually believe that to be true?

Oliver was apparently the most popular before and I know nobody with a child called Oliver.
My grandson is
Old 11-04-2011, 10:40   #107
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
surely there is a line even the EDL will not cross..

they allow scousers?

edit

i appologoise for my blatant scousism and am currently working on my scouseist views.I beg that there be no scouse protest marches as i dont think our town center could survive the static build up from over 100 shell suits gathered in one place
I'm deeply wounded Accy Man ...... I never had you down for a Scouseist ! The likes of Mancie & other Manky U supporters I can understand, but .......
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:55   #108
Junior Member+

Does anyone on here think we should follow the french and ban the face veil? After all you cant go into a bank with a crash helmet on but you can with a berkha. Im undecided.
voiceofreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 15:12   #109
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreason View Post
Does anyone on here think we should follow the french and ban the face veil? After all you cant go into a bank with a crash helmet on but you can with a berkha. Im undecided.
V.o.r, there's already a thread running & has been for quite some time on this contentious issue, see below :-

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...rka-53987.html
Old 11-04-2011, 17:03   #110
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
I'm deeply wounded Accy Man ...... I never had you down for a Scouseist ! The likes of Mancie & other Manky U supporters I can understand, but .......
ok calm down ,calm down, calm down

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 17:44   #111
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
ok calm down ,calm down, calm down
He might do about 9-55 tonight accyman
Old 11-04-2011, 18:03   #112
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Yes
Dont really understand that ,because correct me if i am wrong but the edl you have said are against the spread of islam and islamic ways and laws etc ,then why would you want muslims to join when they are the disciples of islam
Old 11-04-2011, 18:08   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Dont really understand that ,because correct me if i am wrong but the edl you have said are against the spread of islam and islamic ways and laws etc ,then why would you want muslims to join when they are the disciples of islam
Don't look for sense where there is none pal, some people can't be helped.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 19:41   #114
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Don't look for sense where there is none pal, some people can't be helped.
Hopefully a little clarification for you both (as I see it at least) WM221, SamF

Bagpuss posted #35, the "mission statement" of the EDL & in their first paragraph they go to great lengths to differentiate, between oppressive & radical Islam as opposed to moderate Islam. The Muslim believers themselves have vastly differing takes on the interpretation of the Koran & it's meanings dependent on the leanings of those spoken with.

Whilst we must always protect against the unjust assumption that all Muslims are complicit in or somehow responsible for these crimes, we must not be afraid to speak freely about these issues. This is why the EDL will continue to work to protect the inalienable rights of all people to protest against radical Islam’s encroachment into the lives of non-Muslims.

The above taken from the EDL's "Mission statement" on their homepage. So if their intents are as they say & that any & all may partake in & affiliate to the EDL, this statement infers that Muslims may also be members, so long as they harbour no radical intents & believe in moderate & fair treatment of all peoples. That said, from what one reads & sees not many Muslims have taken up the EDL on their offer, lack of clarity ? Uncertainty as to goals ? Or peer pressure from within their own communities ?
Old 11-04-2011, 21:32   #115

To quote, erm you.

Quote:
It's posts and people like you that make me more determined than ever to push the fight against Islam and the fight to keep our way of life.
Nothing about extremism there pal.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:13   #116
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
He might do about 9-55 tonight accyman
See I told you so
Old 12-04-2011, 17:02   #117
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
The above taken from the EDL's "Mission statement" on their homepage. So if their intents are as they say & that any & all may partake in & affiliate to the EDL, this statement infers that Muslims may also be members, so long as they harbour no radical intents & believe in moderate & fair treatment of all peoples. That said, from what one reads & sees not many Muslims have taken up the EDL on their offer, lack of clarity ? Uncertainty as to goals ? Or peer pressure from within their own communities ?
Once again I must thank you Dave for your reply, it's all there in the mission statement. I have been told the EDL does have a small number of muslim members, approx 15, but they have ticked the box for no publicity at the moment although there is talk that we may have a muslim speaker at the next demo. I still think a muslim being a member of the EDL could cause that person to have a conflict of intrests but it's not the BNP so lets see how it goes.

Sam F, i've decided to ignore you because I think you are a troll.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 17:40   #118
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Once again I must thank you Dave for your reply, it's all there in the mission statement. I have been told the EDL does have a small number of muslim members, approx 15, but they have ticked the box for no publicity at the moment although there is talk that we may have a muslim speaker at the next demo. I still think a muslim being a member of the EDL could cause that person to have a conflict of intrests but it's not the BNP so lets see how it goes.

Sam F, i've decided to ignore you because I think you are a troll.
The EDL were formed to oppose the spread of islam, yet there are muslim members ah well, suppose that's different
Old 12-04-2011, 18:00   #119
Give, give, give member

Quote:
The EDL were formed to oppose the spread of islam

...and the EDL have growing support because they highlight fears that mainstream political parties continue to ignore.

Before I'm strung up from a lampost, I'll be fighting until my dying breath any radical religious zealots that are intent on taking away hard fought for democratic freedoms, we presently enjoy in Britain.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 18:35   #120
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Whilst we must always protect against the unjust assumption that all Muslims are complicit in or somehow responsible for these crimes, we must not be afraid to speak freely about these issues. This is why the EDL will continue to work to protect the inalienable rights of all people to protest against radical Islam’s encroachment into the lives of non-Muslims.

The above taken from the EDL's "Mission statement" on their homepage. So if their intents are as they say & that any & all may partake in & affiliate to the EDL, this statement infers that Muslims may also be members, so long as they harbour no radical intents & believe in moderate & fair treatment of all peoples.
Quote:
The EDL were formed to oppose the spread of islam, yet there are muslim members ah well, suppose that's different
Radical Islam Jay, same as many are opposed to extremists in other religions too, we only have to look over the "Pond" to get an idea or two (I'm sure our Colonial cousins could better inform us) plus we do have our own home grown bigots & defectives, NI & certain elements in Scotland spring to mind, the sorry thing about it all is that it's done & proclaimed under the guise of "Religion", seems atheism & agnosticism aren't such bad calls after all.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..