Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-10-2012, 19:25   #2086
God Member

Re: The Tories

I've got nothing against anyone getting rich by luck or hard work but the likes of Ian Duncan Smith and others get my back up... this bloke talks about the low paid who claim tax credits as living on wellfare and should not get this wellfare if they have more than two children ..how about taking away the right of him and many other MP's to claim tens of thousands a year for flats/hotels, tavel, fuel, gas and electric all at the taxpayers expense which are all seen as a necessity to do the job but in my book are benefits... yet any low paid families getting tax credits or other benefits are classed as scroungers!.

Last edited by Mancie; 26-10-2012 at 19:29.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-10-2012, 19:27   #2087
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thats always been the case Mancie, nowt changes, only difference now is the plebs find out a damn site more.
Old 26-10-2012, 19:32   #2088
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thats always been the case Mancie, nowt changes, only difference now is the plebs find out a damn site more.
I see that IDS is also calling for cuts in disabled 'benefits'...maybe if he was in a low paid job or had his expenses stopped for having more than two kids he'd have a different outlook.

Last edited by Mancie; 26-10-2012 at 19:38.
Old 26-10-2012, 20:05   #2089
God Member

the tories are taking this country back to the dark ages they are even letting the private equity firms to take the **** BBC News - London Midland driver shortage cancels 133 more trains wot no trains maggie thatchers ideology really worked.plus edf raising their tariffs 10 % watch the rest follow.we need a revolution in this country.how many people will freeze to death this winter because of the tories.they really are the enemy from within with their fiddling of unemployment figures ie not counting the 157,000 people on their slave labour programme,sanctions and 4 hours a week jobs it really is beyond a joke.
Old 26-10-2012, 20:19   #2090
God Member

and this is the real reason for overseas aid Budget cuts could downgrade UK rights watchdog's UN status | Society | The Guardian
Old 26-10-2012, 21:33   #2091
God Member

and the way to lose money is to bail out the hedge funds BBC News - Hinchingbrooke losses double Circle Health estimate
Old 27-10-2012, 23:30   #2092

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Iain Duncan Smith who is cutting housing benefits lives in a mansion FREE!

Tory welfare secretary Iain Duncan Smith - the man slashing housing benefit for hard-up families - is living in a £2million Tudor country pile for FREE.

Good for him - I also live in a house for free - that's what happens when the mortgage is paid up

Last edited by Neil; 28-10-2012 at 00:43. Reason: fix quote
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 09:03   #2093
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysgirl View Post
Good for him - I also live in a house for free - that's what happens when the mortgage is paid up
Yeh Lucy but the point is - he didn't pay a mortgage on it, nor did his wife - apparently it's a property that comes with his wifes title.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 09:30   #2094
Senior Member+

The Tories couldn't give Atos...

kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:55   #2095
I am Banned

Company Director Check - free company director search

You can find Graham Jones in their

Here is Denis MacShane the mp who just got caught

"BIO BULGARIA DEVELOPMENT COMPANY LTD"

Denis MacShane - free company director check. Director id 912393662 - Companies House Information

CORRUPT TO THE CORE
Chris SUI JURIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 22:29   #2096
God Member

looks like the end of william hague hopefully ian duncan smith as wellthe rumours about hague will blow you away, if he escapes this the tories are more than finished
Old 05-11-2012, 23:32   #2097
God Member

This government are killing thier own people... and this is the tip of the iceberg

Atos killed my dad, says boy 13 - Daily Record

I don't blame Atos.. they are just another private company who carry out this governments orders.
This issue is getting dangerous..when it comes to the point were people are dying as a result of this dog government's attack on the vunerable people in our country.

Last edited by Mancie; 05-11-2012 at 23:40.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:54   #2098

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Yeh Lucy but the point is - he didn't pay a mortgage on it, nor did his wife - apparently it's a property that comes with his wifes title.
It will come as a surprise to some but I don't envy them. By an accident of birth they live their lives and I live out the remainder of my working class life in a 200 year old end terrace cottage, which (in my circumstances) costs a fortune to maintain, but I don't envy their position at all.

If there is blame to apportion, I apportion it to the State in general for the downward slide in our fortunes and the uneven playing field we now find ourselves. As well as there are far too many free loaders being drawn to live in this country there are others who have been inculcated into thinking that the State owes them a living and we have to stamp it out. There are also others who are trapped in lives they'd rather not be living in. If you watched the TV documentary series you will know that IDS and representatives of other political parties actually lived in the homes of extremely hard up families who received various benefits. All found that their hosts had little idea that other help was available (hence the amendment of application documentation) and all came to realise that many who wanted to re-educate or work were hindered by the then current regulations.

We can't lump all people together and now every Benefits authority has to pull up their socks and stop ignoring tenants who sublet state housing. It's a disgrace that it take years (for example) to discover French nationals coming over here to collect many types of benefits, who after collection then travels back to France to live a life of luxury in homes they own!
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 19:54   #2099
God Member

so according to david cameron every gay is a paedophile ,deflect deflect your cover up doesnt work you moron cameron well done philip schofield.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:30   #2100
Super Moderator

One story that the semi-literate Jock won't be telling you about:

Margaret Hodge's family company pays just 0.01pc tax on £2.1bn of business generated in the UK - Telegraph

Hypocrisy pure and simple.

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 10-11-2012 at 01:35.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..