Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2015, 16:44   #4141
God Member

Re: The Tories

because the snp have a huge online army rigging everything to their ends remember the referendum when the polls said the yes vote were 25% in the lead . it never happened why would the no voters change their mind. there is a campaign of tactical voting up here but it is never mentioned in the press. http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-10221377.html

Last edited by cmonstanley; 03-05-2015 at 16:46.
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-05-2015, 17:33   #4142
God Member

Looks like you guys are on track for a minority government ... something that happens often over here. Don't knock it; you might get to like it It keeps the governing party fairly honest; and important stuff still gets done.

Talking about tories ... just to keep on topic ... there is, for those interested in politics in general and not just the insular stuff, an interesting general election coming up next week in the Province of Alberta ... that's the place where all the oil and all the rednecks are. The tories have held power in Alberta for 44 years! But, from the polls, it seems as if the voters in Alberta are starting to lean away from them; and they don't seem to be leaning to the right ... that would be to the Wild Rose Party, Alberta's equivalent of the Tea Party. They just might give Labor (NDP) a chance.

If I were a voter over there, I would vote Labour as a matter of principle. Putting the tories back into power would result in the loss, or at least the gutting, of all the social programs that were fought for in the last century. Maybe it's time to put the EU referendum on the back burner for a while. Not because I think that the EU is a good idea for any country; but because it looks like it will fall to pieces if it is left alone. Kinda like what happened in the old Soviet Union. What was it that Elliott wrote about whimpers and bangs?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 12:25   #4143
God Member

Eddie Izzard and Jim Murphy Labour rally cut short amid angry scenes | Scotland Decides this is the true face of the separatists
Old 04-05-2015, 12:40   #4144
God Member

This is why you should vote labour they single handidly saved the union when the tories and murdoch were devisive . David cameron is a traitor to the union.Private Eye Street Of Shame: Rupert and his wayward twin Suns
Old 04-05-2015, 13:42   #4145
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Kinda like what happened in the old Soviet Union.
But look at what was the USSR is now - ruled by oligarchs & criminals. The haves and the have nots - I wouldn't wish their form of "government" on my worst enemies - well perhaps I could think of a few

Last edited by Neil; 05-05-2015 at 05:25. Reason: fix quote
Barrie Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 13:49   #4146
Beacon of light

I don't think I can vote for the Labour Party.
Our candidate is one who implies that we haven't got the mentality to decide what is right for us when it comes to a vote on membership of the EU.
I also do not want that Nicola Sturgeon to be pulling the strings regarding policy for England....And taking us to the cleaners so that Scotland can live high on the hog while we foot the bill.
It also concerns me that giving the country to the two Eds......would be like giving the captain of the Costa Concordia another vessel to run onto the rocks......no sense in it.
I might just have to put my hand over the Labour Party candidate and make a blind stab at the others.....I am sure I will not be alone in feeling this way.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 17:40   #4147
Senior Member+

I realise that this should probably be in another section, but it does fit in with recent posts in this thread - apologies if I upset anyone.

Nicola Sturgeon is touring Perthshire in the First Minister’s chauffeur driven car.
Suddenly a cow jumps out into the road. They hit it full on and the car comes to a stop.
Nicola in her usual jaunty manner, says to the chauffeur : " You get out and check - you were driving."
The chauffeur gets out, checks and reports that the animal is dead.
" You were driving, go and tell the farmer," says Nicola, ”I can’t afford to be blamed for anything.”
The chauffeur walks up the drive to the farmhouse and returns five hours later totally plastered, his hair ruffled and with a big grin on his face.
" My God, what happened to you ?" asks Nicola.
The chauffeur replies : " When I got there, the farmer opened his best bottle of malt whisky, the wife gave me a slap - up meal and the daughter made love to me."
" What on earth did you say?" asks Nicola.
" I knocked on the door and when it was answered, I said to them, I'm Nicola Sturgeon’s chauffeur and I've just killed the cow."
Old 04-05-2015, 19:08   #4148
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
I realise that this should probably be in another section, but it does fit in with recent posts in this thread - apologies if I upset anyone.

Nicola Sturgeon is touring Perthshire in the First Minister’s chauffeur driven car.
Suddenly a cow jumps out into the road. They hit it full on and the car comes to a stop.
Nicola in her usual jaunty manner, says to the chauffeur : " You get out and check - you were driving."
The chauffeur gets out, checks and reports that the animal is dead.
" You were driving, go and tell the farmer," says Nicola, ”I can’t afford to be blamed for anything.”
The chauffeur walks up the drive to the farmhouse and returns five hours later totally plastered, his hair ruffled and with a big grin on his face.
" My God, what happened to you ?" asks Nicola.
The chauffeur replies : " When I got there, the farmer opened his best bottle of malt whisky, the wife gave me a slap - up meal and the daughter made love to me."
" What on earth did you say?" asks Nicola.
" I knocked on the door and when it was answered, I said to them, I'm Nicola Sturgeon’s chauffeur and I've just killed the cow."
Sorry to kill your joke but sturgeon is flying about scotland in a helicopter rumours are murdoch is paying for it
Old 04-05-2015, 19:14   #4149
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Just seen a great Labour Party Political Broadcast By Steve Coogan, reckon they should get the guy in the Government if they win on Thursday.
cmonstanley likes this.
Old 04-05-2015, 19:18   #4150
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Just seen a great Labour Party Political Broadcast By Steve Coogan, reckon they should get the guy in the Government if they win on Thursday.
Well he'd blend in with all the other comedians who'll be in Government,whichever party!
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 19:26   #4151
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Well he'd blend in with all the other comedians who'll be in Government,whichever party!
Thing was hes more believable than those *******.
Old 04-05-2015, 20:26   #4152
Beacon of light

Well, I only saw a couple of minutes of the broadcast, but that he seemed to imply that the Labour Party would look after the working man is laughable......these politicians know nothing of the difficulties of the working man.....when Steve Coogan was growing up, the Labour Party was for the working man.....but not anymore.
They are just a paler version of conservatism.....they pay lip service to looking after the vulnerable.....I do not believe anything that they say.
These people at the top of all the political parties are career politicians.....educated in public schools, with handsome incomes and lifestyles.....they live in a different world altogether.....and they are not interested in what concerns the electorate.
Boeing Guy likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 20:29   #4153
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
Sorry to kill your joke but sturgeon is flying about scotland in a helicopter rumours are murdoch is paying for it
Strangely enough, I once had Russell Brand in the back of the Vip plane I fly about in. Very man of the people
DaveinGermany likes this.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 21:40   #4154
God Member

But i bet he paid for it. Im not against people getting on in life making money im against the multinationals who don't pay the right tax thus having an advantage against the normal businesses who pay their tax.
Old 05-05-2015, 05:12   #4155
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
....Rupert Murdoch and his laccies are running scared , ed is bringing in competition laws which will affect news international this is the reason murdochs interests are attacking milliband like no one before.
If you are going to try and make it look like you know what you're talking about at least get the name of the company you are referring to right. News International doesn't exist any more

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..