Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2011, 07:02   #1
God Member

The Tories

Anyting they do is a cock up...one year in power and they have mashed up any defence of this nation.. put up VAT to 20% that makes any working man and women a slave to Tax.. totally destroy the defence of our country.. insist on massive spending within the EU.. and worse increase the massive overseas spending to such as Pakistan.. I don't like this Government.. they are worse than the last one.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-05-2011, 07:07   #2
Senior Member+

Re: The Tories

You mean "Conservative led" Government.

They couldn't have done any of it without the help of the Liberal Democrats, because they don't have a parliamentary majority.
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 19:28   #3
God Member

now they after workers rights same old tories growth plan whats that they say BBC News - Redundancy rules could be relaxed, says government

Last edited by cmonstanley; 11-05-2011 at 19:29. Reason: tories out
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 19:36   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
now they after workers rights same old tories growth plan whats that they say BBC News - Redundancy rules could be relaxed, says government
Read gynn's post above Oh just read your edit quote, you can now read mine

Last edited by odders; 11-05-2011 at 19:38. Reason: Same old...is it late finish or just starting(on the pop)???
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 20:05   #5
God Member

george osbourne is a tory his idea .his ideology. wheres his growth plan oh it says that is his growth plan
Old 11-05-2011, 20:07   #6

They couldn't have done any of it without the help of the Liberal Democrats, because they don't have a parliamentary majority.

Again... The policy will have to be passed?

Last edited by odders; 11-05-2011 at 20:11. Reason: I need a drink
Old 11-05-2011, 20:22   #7
God Member

dont need a parliamentry majority because they are not passing a law the are bending it[relaxing] it for their chummies .ie council managers who are going to make thousands reduntant.
Old 11-05-2011, 20:30   #8

Quote:
.ie council managers who are going to make thousands reduntant.
This has been happening since last May, or have you forgot? All councils need to tighten their belts. Luckly in Hyndburn we now got, I hope a semi honest council. Not one of spending, the old Labour way. But sorry it is not at national level all tories they have a silent partner.

Last edited by odders; 11-05-2011 at 20:38. Reason: Them silent dogs I should of mentioned,maybe like dogs they just obey?
Old 11-05-2011, 20:49   #9
God Member

not in the scale we will be seeing this year .this is not a coincedence they are doing this .i cant believe anybody in their right mind supports this this will effect peoples ability to pay for mortgages effect families and put people in poverty.
Old 11-05-2011, 21:15   #10

Quote:
not in the scale we will be seeing this year .this is not a coincedence they are doing this .i cant believe anybody in their right mind supports this this will effect peoples ability to pay for mortgages effect families and put people in poverty.
I do not support it, and if you read my post "not spending the old Labour way", errrr who has run Hydnburn for the last numerous years? But you cant just blame the Tories, they have a silent partner, but who is she actually sleeping with? As we know she likes herself but aint the confidence. If people do nationally what they did locally, well things my change. These ideas come out of a hat, which one next?

As Cashy says "they all pee in the same pot", and both you and Mancie mouthing off about the Tories only gives fuel. Rather than posting propaganda, get out and do something, as soon as local politics change, nationally it will all take effect.
Old 11-05-2011, 21:18   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
dont need a parliamentry majority because they are not passing a law the are bending it[relaxing] it for their chummies .ie council managers who are going to make thousands reduntant.
But they can only "bend the rules" if the Liberal Democrats let them, be it in Parliament, in Cabinet, or in Ministerial Discussions.........
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 21:20   #12
God Member

we will see if the coalition last that long
Old 11-05-2011, 21:25   #13
God Member

But what would happen if Clegg grew a pair and said "Enough!, We're outta here." Are the voters open to another general election?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 21:29   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
we will see if the coalition last that long
i will be amazed if it dont.
Old 11-05-2011, 22:16   #15
God Member

lib dem rank and file already up in arms up here because a lot of candidates lost their deposit because they got less than a thousand votes and some have had to pay out of their own pocket cant see that lasting

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..