Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Shoot the scum
Yes we should 41 82.00%
No we shouldn't 9 18.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2011, 09:13   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: Shoot looters/rioters/arsonists on sight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well yeh shoulda voted to shoot em, would be more entertaining.
If that were to happen it would be blanket cover on BBC 1 2 3 4 News Channel and every other bloody outlet
Old 09-08-2011, 09:15   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
If that were to happen it would be blanket cover on BBC 1 2 3 4 News Channel and every other bloody outlet
If it did happen,i certainly wouldn't object. arsonists/looters do not deserve to walk the earth.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:24   #33
God Member

This act of mindless violence does not surprise me at all with many youth of today. With this country's softly softly approach to how we should bring up our kids, something like this was bound to happen sooner or later.
They have given no thought to the poor folk that lived in those flats above the shops let alone the shop keepers who have lost their livelihoods. No one yet knows if anyone has been burned alive in this carnage.
What do we do? Well I personally think that the police be given all their powers back to be able to do their job properly. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't. I would hate to be in their shoes at the moment.
The best way IMO would be to impose a curfew for everyone until this has been brought under control in order to sieve out the culprits. Many parents will then be in a position to see if their kids are involved, the police will be better placed to restore normality and the government should throw the hardest punishment possible at all involved.
There is talks of bringing the army in, yes this would frighten the damn life out of these thugs and maybe that's what's needed, but what should be happening is what someone has already mentioned, and that is increase our police force nor reduce it.

My heart goes out to all those who have been affected by this and I hope we dont see a forth night of it.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:42   #34
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
One thing that is now peeing me off is the BBC have just announced they are cutting programs on BBC1 at 11am for a news special on the riots, what that means is they will be running the same program on two channels at the same time BBC1 and the BBC News Channel, its a joke
Not everyone can get BBC News Channel. Maybe when the whole country has gone digital there will be no need for the BBC to have news programs on any channel except the BBC News Channel but until then we will have it duplicated.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:53   #35
Super Moderator

Quote:
This may sound strange but I agree with Mancie on this, shooting people on the streets ain't the answer, two wrongs don't make a right
Have you been reading the Guardian again, you bleeding heart lefty liberal dogooder!
Old 09-08-2011, 09:53   #36
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Not everyone can get BBC News Channel. Maybe when the whole country has gone digital there will be no need for the BBC to have news programs on any channel except the BBC News Channel but until then we will have it duplicated.
And your telling me people will be jumping with joy because the BBC are giving this blanket coverage, half and hour on the news should be enough for anybody, that's if they can stand half an hour

Last edited by Neil; 09-08-2011 at 10:05.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:55   #37
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Have you been reading the Guardian again, you bleeding heart lefty liberal dogooder!
You know me better Wyn, would wipe my tucas with it mate
Old 09-08-2011, 10:06   #38
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
And your telling me people will be jumping with joy because the BBC are giving this blanket coverage, half and hour on the news should be enough for anybody, that's if they can stand half an hour
Some will, some wont. You can't please everyone but many people don't have 24 hours news programs. Probably more interesting than daytime TV anyway
Old 09-08-2011, 10:11   #39
Super Moderator

Quote:
would wipe my tucas
Old 09-08-2011, 10:14   #40
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
A polite way of saying arse
Old 09-08-2011, 10:15   #41
Senior Member+

A new programme for Saturdays

"Match of the Day" sponsored by Swan Vestas.
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:17   #42
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Some will, some wont. You can't please everyone but many people don't have 24 hours news programs. Probably more interesting than daytime TV anyway
Anybody who wants to watch this crap during the day are very sad, because is the same thing being repeated every 10 minutes, the test card is more interesting
Old 09-08-2011, 10:19   #43
Beacon of light

His bottom, Steve.
It is one of those yank words.

With respect to the BBC news and all the other the other news channels is that it is giving loads of publicity to the scum carrying out these acts of anarchy.....I'm not sure this is a good thing.
I think that Cherokee had the right idea......a curfew, and perhaps limited coverage of the riots...not exactly a 'blackout' but limit what is being reported......no sensational footage...perhaps just reportage without pictures.

Those who are in the area can see what is happeneing.....and the film footage just goes to give other 'monkeys'(as in monkey see, monkey do) ideas.

When situations like this arise the news channels go into overkill.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:22   #44
Super Moderator

Thanks Margaret, Jay, learnt a new word now!
Old 09-08-2011, 10:23   #45
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
His bottom, Steve.
It is one of those yank words.

With respect to the BBC news and all the other the other news channels is that it is giving loads of publicity to the scum carrying out these acts of anarchy.....I'm not sure this is a good thing.
I think that Cherokee had the right idea......a curfew, and perhaps limited coverage of the riots...not exactly a 'blackout' but limit what is being reported......no sensational footage...perhaps just reportage without pictures.

Those who are in the area can see what is happeneing.....and the film footage just goes to give other 'monkeys'(as in monkey see, monkey do) ideas.

When situations like this arise the news channels go into overkill.
Sorry Margaret the saying actually comes from South Africa, was used a lot by a mate who spent many years in Joe Berg

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..