Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2011, 17:41   #16
Bee
I am Banned

Re: Accrington Town Centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i'm well aware were sureframe was, have used em since it was William Hickeys,which was oer the Iron Bridge first off, it has "NEVER" been in the town centre. simple as.
When was it William Hickeys Cashy?.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-08-2011, 18:01   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
Probably when you were still a seed
Old 14-08-2011, 20:49   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
when it moved from by the iron bridge which was bottom of Marlbourgh Rd, down to oxford street, blowed if i can remember what year cos aint that important to me.
Old 22-08-2011, 19:08   #19
Bee
I am Banned

More Changes;
Accrington town centre roads plan to boost trade (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2011, 21:33   #20
God Member

Which clown thought that one up? By all means move the bus station - that's long overdue - but a car park on the site? What planet are these people on? Get that old bus station turned into a town square and do some serious pedestrianisation with the rest - that way, we might get a successful town centre again. Oh, I forgot - shut down some of these dodgy bars and their crackpot schemes.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2011, 08:01   #21
God Member

Not sure how much the bid is for the bus station but the Arndale is now up for sale. 16.7 million, clear out all the shops and it's a ready made bus station, probably cheaper than the proposed one
Old 23-08-2011, 08:55   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Not sure how much the bid is for the bus station but the Arndale is now up for sale. 16.7 million, clear out all the shops and it's a ready made bus station, probably cheaper than the proposed one
They could call it a retro development in as much they could turn the rest of the land into a sunken garden and car park
Old 25-08-2011, 04:22   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Which clown thought that one up? By all means move the bus station - that's long overdue - but a car park on the site? What planet are these people on? Get that old bus station turned into a town square and do some serious pedestrianisation with the rest - that way, we might get a successful town centre again. Oh, I forgot - shut down some of these dodgy bars and their crackpot schemes.
Not sure if this one is a dig at me...... However i was party to some information on the whole bus plan scenario, The plan was to have a square built their by the old regieme that were in power, unfortunatley the funds were pulled back, however they are still trying to work out whether to make it pedestrianised or re open the road outside of the town hall as its causing a lot of confusion.

Its down to a finance thing that they town sqaure idea was not given the go ahead, however the free 2 hour parking scheme will give the market and other traders in the town some form of extra income and possibly a boost.

If the comment was aimed towards myself and my venue, please be aware we do not run a dodgy establishment and i take huge offence at that being that we are the only venue in the town that serve plastic bottles and glasses, not through incidents through the fact that we did this off our own bat as we feel that flash moments can happen at anytime, and i wouldnt want any relative or family member to go through what happens to people who are injured on nights out through moments of madness in bars, protecting my customers is my upmost priority
Leon Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2011, 05:18   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Kelly View Post

If the comment was aimed towards myself and my venue, please be aware we do not run a dodgy establishment and i take huge offence at that being that we are the only venue in the town that serve plastic bottles and glasses,
Surely the use of "plastic glasses/bottles" is more reflection on the clientele you and other venues who use them attract... why would normal responsible sane folks want to visit venues when they know the venue ataccts undesirables ........ ok 'stereotyping' is supposed to be a no-no , but if it walks like a ducks and looks like a duck and quacks like a duck .... it's not rocket science , sorry no service
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2011, 08:59   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Kelly View Post
Not sure if this one is a dig at me...... However i was party to some information on the whole bus plan scenario, The plan was to have a square built their by the old regieme that were in power, unfortunately the funds were pulled back, however they are still trying to work out whether to make it pedestrianised or re open the road outside of the town hall as its causing a lot of confusion.

Its down to a finance thing that they town sqaure idea was not given the go ahead, however the free 2 hour parking scheme will give the market and other traders in the town some form of extra income and possibly a boost.

If the comment was aimed towards myself and my venue, please be aware we do not run a dodgy establishment and i take huge offence at that being that we are the only venue in the town that serve plastic bottles and glasses, not through incidents through the fact that we did this off our own bat as we feel that flash moments can happen at anytime, and i wouldnt want any relative or family member to go through what happens to people who are injured on nights out through moments of madness in bars, protecting my customers is my upmost priority
Well the removing of the pedestrianisation outside the town hall will not make that much difference, I've been visiting the Town Centre on a regular basis recently and numerous cars ignore it already
Old 25-08-2011, 09:00   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Surely the use of "plastic glasses/bottles" is more reflection on the clientele you and other venues who use them attract...

It's more a reflection on the society we live in, especially for nightclubs etc
Old 25-08-2011, 09:17   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Surely the use of "plastic glasses/bottles" is more reflection on the clientele you and other venues who use them attract.
Quite obvious you've never worked the door at night clubs SJ they were using plastic glasses back in the late 70s and early 80s, removing lethal weapons out of arms way
Old 25-08-2011, 13:35   #28

Nelson has now "de-pedestrianised" Manchester Road allowing West to East traffic through
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF3117.jpg (531.5 KB, 11 views)
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2011, 13:38   #29

By the way in the distance you can see "The Nelson Shuttle"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF3107.jpg (498.3 KB, 9 views)
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2011, 18:02   #30
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadey View Post
Nelson has now "de-pedestrianised" Manchester Road allowing West to East traffic through
Good news for everyone then.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..