Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-08-2011, 14:25   #16
Give, give, give member

Re: Sad news re: Pendy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

I'll fondly remember your laugh as we waltzed round The Stag.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pendy..JPG (49.5 KB, 36 views)

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-08-2011, 15:06   #17
Clearly Classy.......

How very sad. Condolences to David and their family. I remember at my first AW meet when I was VERY pregnant with Emily she was telling me how she hated children and she would eat them if they came close!!! She had me in in stitches......almost put me into labour!!! She was eccentric and I love people like that. She had an air or nobility about her, as does David.

Sleep well Pendy xx

My Gallery My Albums
Romps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2011, 15:47   #18
God Member

Aye, it's very sad. Angela knew me from when I was a day old (not that I knew then, of course) but after she moved away from Church back in the 60's I never saw her again until I met up with her (thanks to this thing) for an after work drink in London, some six years ago. (I'll tell you the story one day about that meeting and a drunken ex-Blackpool policeman and a Mexican barman).

So Angela is now the other side of the great pearly gates regaling them with her wisdom, wit and hilarious tales. She'll be missed, but tonight I'll have a drink to her.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2011, 17:23   #19
God Member

Never met Pendy but sounds like we've lost a real character. RIP
Old 15-08-2011, 17:32   #20
Senior Member+

I must agree with lancs dave, never had the pleasure of meeting the lady but sounds like a real character. My condolences to her family at this sad time.
Old 15-08-2011, 17:37   #21
Resting in Peace

I knew Angela very well from my Teens we dated a couple of times, her mother was a real nice lady too, Recently I had contact with her through Friends reunited, before I joined accyweb, when she said she hope to spend some time back in Ossy as her cousin Richard was in poor health, he was also a friend of mine from school and teenage years. I'm really sort to here of her death, she was a fun lass to be with life and soul of the party RIP Angela
Old 15-08-2011, 17:52   #22
Senior Member+

Very sad news indeed, a lovely lady, batty and funny. She once admired some jewellery I had on, some costume stuff and then went on to tell me she collected opals, and boy did she have some collection! RIp Angela. XX
Old 15-08-2011, 21:25   #23
AJL

My sincere love and best wishes to david. Angela was a lovely lady I have many fond and happy memories of special nights in the stag with her and david and all accy web members she will always be in my thoughts xx tc david
AJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2011, 23:14   #24
God Member

I never met Pendy but from the thoughts posted here she must have been one hell of a character. R.I.P. and my most sincere condolences to the loved ones left behindxxx
Old 15-08-2011, 23:27   #25
Accy Goddess

Well there is nothing I can add that hasn't already been said. She'll be causing havoc were ever she is, that's for sure.
Condolences to David and the family.
R.I.P Pendy.
xx
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2011, 08:00   #26
mez
God Member

Firstly thanks mick for ringing me i didn't know. angela grew up next door to me (lots of years ago) we lost touch & through accyweb we met again, i went & stayed with both david & her in their london home, she was fun loving & had been very adventurous in her heyday the tales she could tell!!! i agree with all that has been said about her, one particular "event" sticks in my mind of her singing SUMMERTIME in the stag one sunday afternoon meet ....now she will be at rest in her own blessed summertime, your memory will live on pendy .........love to david & myles & kate & her darling grandaughter ..........R.I.P ANGELA.
Old 16-08-2011, 08:14   #27
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez View Post
Firstly thanks mick for ringing me i didn't know. angela grew up next door to me (lots of years ago) we lost touch & through accyweb we met again, i went & stayed with both david & her in their london home, she was fun loving & had been very adventurous in her heyday the tales she could tell!!! i agree with all that has been said about her, one particular "event" sticks in my mind of her singing SUMMERTIME in the stag one sunday afternoon meet ....now she will be at rest in her own blessed summertime, your memory will live on pendy .........love to david & myles & kate & her darling grandaughter ..........R.I.P ANGELA.
Hi Mez, so happy Mick phoned you just now.
My phones down.
Saw you posted at the weekend, and kept hoping you'd come on.
So sorry about your dear friend Angela. x

Old 16-08-2011, 08:18   #28
Give, give, give member

Quote:
one particular "event" sticks in my mind of her singing SUMMERTIME in the stag one sunday afternoon meet
My favourite ever meet.

Was looking at the photographs in the gallery yesterday, remembering what a great time we all had that day.

Old 16-08-2011, 09:26   #29
Senior Member+

Never met her but from what has been posted she sounds like a lovely lady.

RIP
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2011, 12:03   #30
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Quote:
one particular "event" sticks in my mind of her singing SUMMERTIME in the stag one sunday afternoon meet
I remember that too.... she was such a brilliant laugh, a classic Accyweb Meet

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..