Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2011, 10:54   #1
Resting in Peace

Lies about Lockerbie Bomber

Secret files: Labour lied over Gaddafi... who warned of a holy war if Megrahi died in Scotland - One News Page [UK]

The truth will out, seems there was far more to the release of the Lockerbie Bomber than was revealed
Old 04-09-2011, 11:14   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Lies about Lockerbie Bomber

You haven't got relatives in Aryshire have you, and another more local who likes shops?

Just seems you all have similar traits.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:42   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
You haven't got relatives in Aryshire have you, and another more local who likes shops?

Just seems you all have similar traits.

Um if that was supposed to be subtle it was too subtle for me, it went right over the roof tops never mind my head
Old 04-09-2011, 12:19   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The truth will out, seems there was far more to the release of the Lockerbie Bomber than was revealed
If that is the case, I don't understand why Alex Salmond hasn't said so. His Scottish government has been widely ridiculed for releasing the Lockerbie bomber, so why should he continue to protect a Labour government to which he has no allegiance whatsoever?

Or did they make it worth his while not to blab..........allegedly.

gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:24   #5
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Um if that was supposed to be subtle it was too subtle for me, it went right over the roof tops never mind my head
Just pointing out similarities to other lazy threads, which some are so keen on.

Cut and paste links to new stories, with very little, or no personal input.

Old 04-09-2011, 12:51   #6
God Member

Whether he was released on humanitarian grounds or on the back of pressure from London could be debated and lambasted until the cows come home. It is still controversial up here especially the fact he lived beyond the 3 months that were allotted. Ok he was supposed to to be getting drugs that he wouldnt have been given over here as they were not licenced for use. If Gaddaffi did hint at a holy war then that was the smart political part of him at work. He would have if it did happen be a case of using the fear of terrorism to get what he wanted. It might be a case that HM Government had a severe case of panic and decided not to risk it. What the Holyrood mob gained out of it might not be known for a while and might not even shed light on the whole sorry episode. Alex Salmond is shrewd enough to have weighed up the pro's and con's and what the effect they would cause. Until all the facts are placed on the table (which I doubt they ever will) no real conclusion can be drawn other than speculation, innuendo and conspiracy theories. This kind of "revelation" will just muddy the murky waters of the whole affair more than they are now.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:58   #7
God Member

The waters are muddy alright.
Some people dont think he was the guilty one, especially since the CIA paid a maltese shopkeeper a large sum for providing the testimony that convicted him.

I don't have an opinion either way. I am glad that taxpayers haven't provided him with free board and lodgings and medical care for the past two years, and you can't say he has been 'living it up' since release

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:59   #8
Beacon of light

I think we all had suspicions that this mans release was a bit 'fishy'.......but Spuggie you are right with your very apt observations.

All the talking about it and mulling it over will not change anything now....regardless of how the situation came about.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 13:05   #9
God Member

As the Americans will try and make the most out of this I wonder how they would react if some of their dodgier deals came to light in the same way? They are not as innocent as they make out and if they cannot get justice the right way the might well try and get it any way they can.

Now my question is "If after Libya settles down and files are made available Megrahi is shown to be innocent and used as a scapegoat then what will be said by the Americans then?" I have a niggling itch that says that the Americans will want that paperwork disappear at at any cost to avoid a face reddening back track with a large dollop of humiliation.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 13:59   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
As the Americans will try and make the most out of this I wonder how they would react if some of their dodgier deals came to light in the same way? They are not as innocent as they make out and if they cannot get justice the right way the might well try and get it any way they can.

Now my question is "If after Libya settles down and files are made available Megrahi is shown to be innocent and used as a scapegoat then what will be said by the Americans then?" I have a niggling itch that says that the Americans will want that paperwork disappear at at any cost to avoid a face reddening back track with a large dollop of humiliation.
Spugs yeh can't humiliate n ego like the yanks got! besides there always right.
Old 04-09-2011, 16:47   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Just pointing out similarities to other lazy threads, which some are so keen on.

Cut and paste links to new stories, with very little, or no personal input.
Really don't think there was much I could have added at the time seeing my brunch had just been placed on the table and had to make a quick exit stage left on the pain of death from her indoors if it went cold
Old 04-09-2011, 19:26   #12
God Member

Anyway, we can all be lazy and post some links up about dodgy politicians and their policies, How about this 'un, from the good old Torygraph:

Sir Reginald Sheffield, Bt: an apology – Telegraph Blogs
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 20:55   #13
Give, give, give member

I believe Ronnie Biggs is planning to holiday in Libya in the next year or so.

Once the country's become a little more stable.

Old 04-09-2011, 21:31   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Anyway, we can all be lazy and post some links up about dodgy politicians and their policies, How about this 'un, from the good old Torygraph:

Sir Reginald Sheffield, Bt: an apology – Telegraph Blogs
yer links knackered.........can't find the page.
Old 04-09-2011, 21:36   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
I believe Ronnie Biggs is planning to holiday in Libya in the next year or so.

Once the country's become a little more stable.

Which country? The UK or Libya??
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..