Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-09-2011, 21:41   #31
Beacon of light

Re: HBC have taken away the benches from outside the market

Steve, your guess is as good as mine.

I suppose they just want to pussyfoot about.....instead of taking firm and decisive action.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-09-2011, 21:50   #32
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Correct, they do. Of course if the council is to be consistent they will have to remove those benches. Or maybe the council as such didn't make the decision
What do you mean?

Who took the decision?

Not R2-D2, because they were too high for him to sit on, on his recent all expenses paid visit to the Market Hall?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2011, 21:51   #33

Surly the town is covered by a PCSO. They are in every area of the borough, as far as I am aware.(Correct me if I am wrong).

As has been stated on here and in the press, the "Unlawful Alcohol Law" is in place.

The powers of the PCSO, should be used here. Rather than them walking the streets, getting verbal off the feral youth and turning a blind eye to the serious crime(because they have not had the training, why are they on the streets).

Where as they can remove alcohol, and dispose of it.(Maybe rent a skip and put it next to the Town Hall), so the apprentices don't have far to walk to dispose of the cans and bottles.Might have to go to daily collection, let alone weekly.
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2011, 21:56   #34
Give, give, give member

Open up the Council Chambers in the Town Hall to them, since they're used so infrequently.

Out of their minds.

Talking crap.

Home from home.

Old 30-09-2011, 21:58   #35

I was one of the blokes removing the benches.

Niel, don't set your heart on having a pair of matching benches for the garden
Old 30-09-2011, 22:03   #36
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by odders View Post
The powers of the PCSO, should be used here.
PCSO's, they're about as much use as a Catholic priests plums ! Yes they have limited power & removing alcohol is one of them, no one takes them seriously (well definitely not the scumbags they have to deal with at least) & they're not even stop gap Coppers. The money wasted employing these people would be better spent on proper Plods, with a uniform & a big stick who can actually see the legal process through.
Old 30-09-2011, 22:06   #37

Seriously, the Maundy Grange Empire is killing the town.(My thoughts for his place though need to be saved for another thread and day).

All said, the plod need to enforce the laws, move them on and take away their ale.(Tell them Maundy have set up an off-licence, down Warmden Brook)
Old 30-09-2011, 22:09   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
PCSO's, they're about as much use as a Catholic priests plums ! Yes they have limited power & removing alcohol is one of them, no one takes them seriously (well definitely not the scumbags they have to deal with at least) & they're not even stop gap Coppers. The money wasted employing these people would be better spent on proper Plods, with a uniform & a big stick who can actually see the legal process through.
Oh I know, but they don't take any notice of real plod
Least we can say they have, deserved their pay a bit today, without doing all that walking, doing nowt
Old 30-09-2011, 22:17   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
What do you mean?

Who took the decision?

Not R2-D2, because they were too high for him to sit on, on his recent all expenses paid visit to the Market Hall?
To the best of my knowledge it wasn't an Hyndburn Councillor, which makes it even more ludicrous that the quote attributed to or made by Clare in the LT is misleading
Old 30-09-2011, 22:23   #40
Caz
God Member

They've been gathering in the seating area at Avenue Parade/Eastgate of late it would seem. At least it's closer for Dorothy to trot along and chat to them....

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2011, 22:32   #41

They were sat in an empty market stall today...removing the stall might be next weeks task
Old 30-09-2011, 22:33   #42
Senior Member+

To be honest over the years i've only ever seen drunkards & dossers sat on those seats anyway!...OK, of late they have been younger & more vocal & aggressive which has probably brought this to peoples attention more, but they've never been relaxing places to while away a half hour or so have they?...Dont think the benches will be missed really! As mentioned, as least these scumbags may end up nearer to "Maundy Mile" now!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2011, 22:35   #43
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
To be honest over the years i've only ever seen drunkards & dossers sat on those seats anyway!...OK, of late they have been younger & more vocal & aggressive which has probably brought this to peoples attention more, but they've never been relaxing places to while away a half hour or so have they?...Dont think the benches will be missed really! As mentioned, as least these scumbags may end up nearer to "Maundy Mile" now!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Also on the shoppers' route between the market and retail park.

- Oscar Wilde
Old 30-09-2011, 22:36   #44
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
They've been gathering in the seating area at Avenue Parade/Eastgate of late it would seem. At least it's closer for Dorothy to trot along and chat to them....
Don't be too harsh.

Because of the softly, softly approach taken by Maundy Grange,...

'Now do remember, that money's for electricity, to keep your sick granny warm, and not for those dirty drugs.'

...Accrington is able to support twelve villages in the opium producing areas of Afghanistan.

Old 30-09-2011, 22:39   #45
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post

Best Regards - Taggy
The point is they should be relaxing places to sit down.

There's been talk of regenerating the area to bring it back to it's "former glory", but we should have nowhere to sit and enjoy the this view?

- Oscar Wilde

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..