Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2011, 16:59   #1
Senior Member+

tescos to today at 3.30pm - like feeding time at a zoo!

today I witnessed something I have never ever seen before in my life and I am still gobsmacked by it all..
myself and mrs gg were at tescos earlier picking up some stuff for dinner and when we wandered round to where the breads and cakes were we noticed there was alot of asians mulling around, thought nothing of it and carried on buying bread etc, a security guard then turned up and and said the following words which bemused me 'would everyone please be civil' and then a baker wheeled out a trolley of cut price cakes and I kid you not with out even getting more than 4 foot from where he had walked from all the asians who were standing suddenly attacked this trolley and grabbed what they could cake wise, they were all grabbing 4/5 packs each and grabbing from each other and with out no lie the trolley was stripped bare inside 6 seconds..leaving nothing for anyone else...and I am not being racist or picking on any culture here but it was solely asians..
the whole scene was firstly a health and safety issue and secondly quite disgusting to see..the poor security chap was angry that he had to go down and 'police' it from start to finish as it pulls him away from his real job and he said that the exact same thing happens at the fruit section!
has anyone else seen this in tesco as you do have to see it to believe it..
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-10-2011, 17:19   #2
Full Member+

Re: tescos to today at 3.30pm - like feeding time at a zoo!

My stars . sounds like a plague of lotus !!!!!!!
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 17:19   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy View Post
today I witnessed something I have never ever seen before in my life and I am still gobsmacked by it all..
myself and mrs gg were at tescos earlier picking up some stuff for dinner and when we wandered round to where the breads and cakes were we noticed there was alot of asians mulling around, thought nothing of it and carried on buying bread etc, a security guard then turned up and and said the following words which bemused me 'would everyone please be civil' and then a baker wheeled out a trolley of cut price cakes and I kid you not with out even getting more than 4 foot from where he had walked from all the asians who were standing suddenly attacked this trolley and grabbed what they could cake wise, they were all grabbing 4/5 packs each and grabbing from each other and with out no lie the trolley was stripped bare inside 6 seconds..leaving nothing for anyone else...and I am not being racist or picking on any culture here but it was solely asians..
the whole scene was firstly a health and safety issue and secondly quite disgusting to see..the poor security chap was angry that he had to go down and 'police' it from start to finish as it pulls him away from his real job and he said that the exact same thing happens at the fruit section!
has anyone else seen this in tesco as you do have to see it to believe it..
My daughter works in the ASDA and says this happens regularly although not necessarily with Asian customers all the time
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 17:22   #4
Resting in Peace

It would appear GG that there are people in the know somewhere along the line, if they were waiting for this event to happen, looks like its a one way access of knowledge too
Old 09-10-2011, 17:23   #5
Give, give, give member

Blimey.

How big a reduction must go on to a bit of Swiss roll, before it causes a riot?

God forbid knickers start falling.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 17:28   #6
Give, give, give member

You can sort of understand the nutters who spend Christmas queuing for the Boxing Day sales, in order to snap up a heavily reduced, high value item.

I wouldn't waste my time, loitering my day away, in order to get my hands on some near their sell-by date Mr Kippling's Fancies.

Which will probably be reduced to a box of crumbs, by the time they're fought over.

Old 09-10-2011, 17:44   #7

They'll be back to full price tomorrow in all the corner shops...
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 17:45   #8
God Member

Yep seen this many a time in Morrisons, when they used to close at 4 on a Sunday the prices used to be lowered around 3.15 and then again around 3.45, some people used to stand around from about 3.30 holding onto something waiting for the poor worker to come so he/she could lower it again, i know we all like a bargain but even i wouldn't wait around just to have a few pence knocked off
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 17:46   #9
Beacon of light

A bit like the rush that went on at Farmfoods last Tuesday....I reckon a lot of that stuff would be appearing in the frozen food section of the local corner shop too.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 17:51   #10
God Member

Same the other week when there was buy one get one free at Tesco on the fairy liquid, people where allowed 6 in total, i have never seen a que with so many bottles of fairy liquid in so many baskets as big in my life
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 17:51   #11
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I reckon a lot of that stuff would be appearing in the frozen food section of the local corner shop too.
Next to the bottled water?

Old 09-10-2011, 18:00   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
My stars . sounds like a plague of lotus !!!!!!!
thats a very good description of what I saw today

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
My daughter works in the ASDA and says this happens regularly although not necessarily with Asian customers all the time
this was definatley all asian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
You can sort of understand the nutters who spend Christmas queuing for the Boxing Day sales, in order to snap up a heavily reduced, high value item.

I wouldn't waste my time, loitering my day away, in order to get my hands on some near their sell-by date Mr Kippling's Fancies.

Which will probably be reduced to a box of crumbs, by the time they're fought over.
it wasnt even mr kipling, it was chococlate muffins and the like - all tescos own bakery stuff..

the guard was telling me that they are now thinking of not doing it and simply putting it all in the bin so what was witnessed today doesnt happen.

they simply had no respect for anyone standing nearby.
they did behave like animals.
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 18:13   #13
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy View Post
thats a very good description of what I saw today

this was definatley all asian.

it wasnt even mr kipling, it was chococlate muffins and the like - all tescos own bakery stuff..

the guard was telling me that they are now thinking of not doing it and simply putting it all in the bin so what was witnessed today doesnt happen.

they simply had no respect for anyone standing nearby.
they did behave like animals.
Because they are.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 18:15   #14
Give, give, give member

You could sort of understand it, if we had starving people in this country, but thankfully we don't.

Cake. A luxury food stuff.

Hardly a staple item in a healthy diet.

I bet Marie Antoinette is looking down at Tesco's.

'Look at ze greedy buggers.'

'I only told zem to eat cakes.'

'Not start a freakin' riot, getting ze muffins for next to nothing.'

Old 09-10-2011, 18:18   #15
Give, give, give member

I'm going to start a rumour for next Sunday.

Saying condoms will be slashed.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..