Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Did Graham Jones make the right vote, in your opinion?
Yes, he made the right vote. 5 10.87%
No, he didn't make the right vote. 41 89.13%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-10-2011, 18:23   #16
Full Member+

Re: Did Graham Jones do the right thing?

There was talk prior to the election that consituencies could oust their MP if they were not satisfied with their performance. Was this ever implemented, or was it just another example of false Westminster spiel?
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-10-2011, 18:27   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Many seem keen to back up their 'it was the wrong way to vote', with their reasons why.

Any of the small minority of 'yes, he did the right thing' voters, brave enough to publicly share with the forum why you think that?

It would be helpful if you could.

As the reason why it was the right way to vote last night, seems to be alluding the greater majority of people on here.
Well it aint alluding me who those 3 probably are, n would suggest they aint got the balls to helpful.
Old 25-10-2011, 18:53   #18
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well it aint alluding me who those 3 probably are, n would suggest they aint got the balls to helpful.
My spirit guide, Septic Peg, isn't able to help you...just yet.

All she's getting is a red mist.

Which is preventing clearer vision.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2011, 18:54   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Theres 4 now, another secret lap dog.
Old 25-10-2011, 21:29   #20
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Many seem keen to back up their 'it was the wrong way to vote', with their reasons why.

Any of the small minority of 'yes, he did the right thing' voters, brave enough to publicly share with the forum why you think that?

It would be helpful if you could.

As the reason why it was the right way to vote last night, seems to be alluding the greater majority of people on here.
?

Any of you few, help the rest of understand?

All help greatly appreciated.

Old 25-10-2011, 21:29   #21
Super Moderator

...and all four of 'em, it would appear, gutless wimps who don't even have the bottle to come out in public and justify their point of view.
Old 25-10-2011, 21:43   #22
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
...and all four of 'em, it would appear, gutless wimps who don't even have the bottle to come out in public and justify their point of view.
See, this is where us oiks fail to see and understand things, like what your political elite can do guv'nor.

They're ever so cleverly able to spin those harsh words of yours.

Hey presto!

'Cowards, skulking in darkened corners' becomes 'Those better able to comprehend complicated ideas, exhibiting selfless, loyal, bravery'

Old 25-10-2011, 21:45   #23
Give, give, give member

Quote:
See, this is where us oiks fail to see and understand things, like what your political elite can do guv'nor.

They're ever so cleverly able to spin those harsh words of yours.

Hey presto!

'Cowards, skulking in darkened corners' becomes 'Those better able to comprehend complicated ideas, exhibiting selfless, loyal, bravery'
...and then you Tweet it.

Claiming the moral high ground.

Old 25-10-2011, 21:46   #24
God Member

I cant say this is a shocker .

Wasnt Graham kicking up a fuss on facebook asking for support to keep Hyndburn a constituancy or we may loose our voice in parliament.

Whats the point of having a voice in parliament if it isnt saying what we want it to ?

He knows damn well from many years of reading this forum what public opinion is on this matter and spat in the faces of the people who elected him to represent us when he voted against the majority.

cameron dosnt think we have a right to an opinion and it seems graham jones dosnt either amongs the rest of teh other yellow livered lot thattowed the line

Im only 1 vote but its one less next time round and i will remember this when the next load of crap gets said about wanting to serve the area because this proves he dosnt.

well done to those of any party that defied tehir leader and listened to tehir real boss's which is us teh peopel who put them where they are

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2011, 21:48   #25
God Member

I haven't voted.

The thread serves no useful purpose.
It appears on a par with a public flaggelation, and a witchunt of people who don't agree with the majority.

Neither is a desirable aftermath of the event.

Move on please.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2011, 22:15   #26
Give, give, give member

Well boys and girl's, tomorrow's fun Accy Web poll question will be -

'How well as Graham Jones M.P. dealt with this crisis of support, and adequately explained his decision to vote, that others be denied their own vote in a referendum?

1. 'Yes, the lad's done brilliant. No, I'm not a member of the Labour party...honest!'

2. 'He's utterly failed to convince me, that it was the right thing to do.'

Only joking.

I've exceeded my yearly poll quota.

Old 25-10-2011, 22:15   #27
God Member

The same thing happened over Iraq

quoted from an older thread

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
he voted for war on iraq.... i aint bothered accept for one thing... he was quoted in the paper as saying.... he knows its not what his constituants want but he had to go with what he felt was right...

well... i thought he was supposed to do what his constituants thought was right.... or at the very least not come out and tell them to there face he doesnt give a toss what they feel...

wally of the week 323rd week running.... greg pope..
It really is about time these MP's started doingtehir damn jobs and representing the people nottheir party leaders

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 25-10-2011, 22:20   #28
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I haven't voted.

It appears on a par with a public flaggelation, and a witchunt of people who don't agree with the majority.

Move on please.
Er...thank you for your non-contribution point of view, but I, and I presume others, won't be 'moving on'.

I firmly believe when something is very wrong, then you should at least try to right that wrong.

Bored, don't like what's being said, can all be easily solved.

Don't bother reading it.

Old 25-10-2011, 22:28   #29
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I haven't voted.

Move on please.
As for 'witch-hunt'.

Are you having a laugh?

I'm sure an ambitious young politican like Graham can take all this gentle ribbing in his stride.

It's certainly no different from how he treated Karen Buckley, the Conservative candidate in the last General Election.

Scrub 'witch-hunt'.

Think more 'Peasants' Revolt'.

The downtrodden rising up against their elitist oppressors.

Old 25-10-2011, 22:30   #30
God Member

god forbid somone use a local forum to inform others of what is occuring in our comunity and decisions made that effect all of us and generations to follow.

its ok for coucnilors to come on here flapping their gums about massive injustice but the second a member of public does it then its not ok ?

I for one am glad this has come up as a discussion as it shows exactly what our representitive thinks of our opinion.

Not to worry a few good deeds down the line and a few feel good stories in the paper and this will all be forgotten .

What saps we must seem to those above

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..