Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Did Graham Jones make the right vote, in your opinion?
Yes, he made the right vote. 5 10.87%
No, he didn't make the right vote. 41 89.13%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2011, 18:47   #121
Resting in Peace

Re: Did Graham Jones do the right thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
No, I was saying I have a feeling this thread might have a similarly long and active life as those others I mentioned.

Certainly up to three and a half years.

Nae bother.
Oh I see longevity, to rival those threads, in might reach the heady heights of Video Jukebox, and today I met, threads
Old 02-11-2011, 07:06   #122
Give, give, give member

Interesting how straightforward an issue this is seen as, and how it's being reported througout the world.

In countries with no hidden agenda.

'Back in 1975 people voted to join a Common Market. Since then it has developed without ever having had another referendum on what is now the European Union with its own national anthem, its own flag and its own parliament. European rules and regulations intrude into ever more areas of British life.'

'Polls suggest MPs calling for a referendum enjoy strong public support. A ComRes survey for ITV’s News at Ten found 68 per cent support the idea of a national vote on whether or not the UK should remain a member of the EU.'

The Canadian National Newspaper: Crisis inside European Colonial Union: Britain out?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:57   #123
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Interesting how straightforward an issue this is seen as, and how it's being reported througout the world.

In countries with no hidden agenda.

'Back in 1975 people voted to join a Common Market. Since then it has developed without ever having had another referendum on what is now the European Union with its own national anthem, its own flag and its own parliament. European rules and regulations intrude into ever more areas of British life.'

'Polls suggest MPs calling for a referendum enjoy strong public support. A ComRes survey for ITV’s News at Ten found 68 per cent support the idea of a national vote on whether or not the UK should remain a member of the EU.'

The Canadian National Newspaper: Crisis inside European Colonial Union: Britain out?
Thats funny our MP said it would be neck and neck
Old 02-11-2011, 09:27   #124
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Thats funny our MP said it would be neck and neck
Most polls are showing there's about 70% of the public who believe there's a need for a referendum to decide this issue.

Except in Cloud Cuckoo Land.

Not sure about there.

Perhaps a politican might come on and tell us.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:57   #125
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Most polls are showing there's about 70% of the public who believe there's a need for a referendum to decide this issue.

Except in Cloud Cuckoo Land.

Not sure about there.

Perhaps a politican might come on and tell us.
Is that another name for Westminster Rindi
Old 02-11-2011, 13:25   #126
God Member

I suppose that it was always an unrealistic expectation to believe that Graham would vote in any other way than the way his party dictated. As others more sage than I have observed, "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely". Can you really imagine Graham giving up the enormous amounts of fun to be had by being a whip? Can you imagine him having the temerity to say to the party "Fine, deselect me if you wish, my constituents come first". Call me a cynic, but I can't.

I cannot begin to hazard a guess why the Government and the opposition are united in wishing to keep the people of this once proud country bound to the autocratic dictat of a faceless, unaccountable, unelected bureaucracy. Can it be that, like the gracious Lords Kinnock, Mandelson, Patton and Ashton (Yes, I know she's a woman) they all seek a first class ticket for the Euro Gravy train in their personal political hereafter? Well, good luck to them. But I have the feeling that they had better be quick about making their reservations because it is begining to look as though that particular train is going to come off the rails in spectacular fashion a good deal sooner than anyone expected.
Old 02-11-2011, 13:30   #127
God Member

For anyone interested, I voted "no" in Rindys Poll and "out" in 1975. But then you probably all guessed that.
Old 02-11-2011, 16:33   #128
God Member

Poor unworldly Graham, opens his keyboard and puts his size nine right in it.....

(26-10-2011, 07:47. post No. 101 "Today's EU question: how would you vote? ")
"I raise my concerns with Ed and his team particulalry(sic) on the issue he has raised, migrant labour. It is far more effective to be inside the tent looking out and than outside the tent looking in. A foolish hero for (a) day, irrelevant thereafter."

So spare us the burning martyr bit Graham and the evasion and equivocation. The fact is you sold us out. The people you were born and brought up among, who placed their trust in you to represent their views in Parliament, because they thought that you were a decent guy who had their interests at heart, you sold us out to the ohh so 'principled' and decidedly 'un-shabby' Ed Milliband. Dear God! I wonder what your price was? Hope you made sure you got it in writing. I also wonder if your new best mate will put himself out to find you another seat after the next election? You know what they say, Graham; never trust the word of a politician.
Old 02-11-2011, 18:15   #129
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob View Post
Poor unworldly Graham, opens his keyboard and puts his size nine right in it.....

(26-10-2011, 07:47. post No. 101 "Today's EU question: how would you vote? ")
"I raise my concerns with Ed and his team particulalry(sic) on the issue he has raised, migrant labour. It is far more effective to be inside the tent looking out and than outside the tent looking in. A foolish hero for (a) day, irrelevant thereafter."

So spare us the burning martyr bit Graham and the evasion and equivocation. The fact is you sold us out. The people you were born and brought up among, who placed their trust in you to represent their views in Parliament, because they thought that you were a decent guy who had their interests at heart, you sold us out to the ohh so 'principled' and decidedly 'un-shabby' Ed Milliband. Dear God! I wonder what your price was? Hope you made sure you got it in writing. I also wonder if your new best mate will put himself out to find you another seat after the next election? You know what they say, Graham; never trust the word of a politician.
We don't now Bob
Old 02-11-2011, 20:05   #130
Beacon of light

In a word 'No'....he didn't make the right choice.....what is more, I think that someday he might regret his choice.

The politicians would like us all to believe that we cannot survive if we left the EU(scare tactics).......that jobs would be lost. Speak to the people at Bombardier in Derby and see what they think.......being part of that great trading market didn't do much for their jobs.

And as for that toady Nick Clegg and his tirade against those who think we should pull out of the EU.......he was an MEP so he is banned from doing anything other than promoting the EU in a positive light...regardless of what he really thinks of it. Anyway, I guess when his time in British politics comes to a close he will be looking to jump on the lucrative gravy train that is the EU.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 02-11-2011 at 20:08.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 22:45   #131
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Seems the cats got his tongue. been online tonight.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:01   #132
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
In a word 'No'....he didn't make the right choice.....what is more, I think that someday he might regret his choice.

The politicians would like us all to believe that we cannot survive if we left the EU(scare tactics).......that jobs would be lost. Speak to the people at Bombardier in Derby and see what they think.......being part of that great trading market didn't do much for their jobs.

And as for that toady Nick Clegg and his tirade against those who think we should pull out of the EU.......he was an MEP so he is banned from doing anything other than promoting the EU in a positive light...regardless of what he really thinks of it. Anyway, I guess when his time in British politics comes to a close he will be looking to jump on the lucrative gravy train that is the EU.
He wouldn't do that would he Margaret, politicians don't do that,do they
Old 03-11-2011, 09:03   #133
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Seems the cats got his tongue. been online tonight.
Probably took another look at the straw poll, and then went for a drink to drown his sorrows
Old 03-11-2011, 09:37   #134
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Probably took another look at the straw poll, and then went for a drink to drown his sorrows
Ignore questions or not, it's not going away.

At least until there's a satisfactory answer.

As to why Graham publicly stated on here, that he had no problem with a referendum, as it would 'settle the issue democratically', then two weeks later voted against it, and denied us this right.

I'm sure this is of no great concern to him.

Even though, as the poll shows, it is to his constituents.

He might even be laughing about it, whilst quaffing champagne, at some swanky London do, with the party elite.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:40   #135
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Ignore questions or not, it's not going away.

At least until there's a satisfactory answer.

As to why Graham publicly stated on here, that he had no problem with a referendum, as it would 'settle the issue democratically', then two weeks later voted against it, and denied us this right.

I'm sure this is of no great concern to him.

Even though, as the poll shows, it is to his constituents.

He might even be laughing about it, whilst quaffing champagne, at some swanky London do, with the party elite.
Ya and sod the real elite, the local electorate

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..