Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2011, 23:37   #46
Senior Member+

Re: What tugs at your heartstrings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Bloody hell.

It does make you appreciate things

People sharing, what makes 'em tick, and who shaped the person they are today.

Even if I'm sat blubbin', whilst smiling.

Me too Gary!

My Dad would'nt want me to cry..........so perhaps these are defiant tears i'm parting with now then! He told me a week before he died that he would have liked to have been more like me!

There's never a moment passes that i wouldn't have loved to have been more like him!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-11-2011, 23:45   #47
Give, give, give member

Quote:
That's a toughy, my little mucker.

Somethings, not all, we just have to grin, bear, and just accept 'em.

I was lucky. I followed, found, and enjoyed living my dream for a good twenty years, before having to accept something that changed my life.

Accept what you HAVE to, and if that affects what you THOUGHT your dreams were...get some new, different, better dreams.

I hate, pious platitudes, but these words always make sense to me.

"Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."
-- Saint Francis of Assisi

I've no answers, but if you ever need a brew and a natter, message me.
What I posted about finding new dreams, which you can follow, is true.

The son of an Ossy baker, liked, but always on the outside, 'cause there weren't many other fly, well-spoken, arty, quick-witted, little fairies in my class at Moor End Primary, escaped.

Escaped, and did everything he ever dreamed of, and quite a few things he never dreamed about, because it would have been too fantastical. For over two decades I was lucky, and had the most truly fabulous life. Posting only half of what I did, and who with, might sound like showing off, so I won't.

Being diagnosed with Parkinson's changed my life forever.

Hand on heart.

I have NEVER been as happy as I am now, and have been, for the last few years.

I have new dreams to follow now.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 23:51   #48
God Member

So many, many things tug at my heartstrings G. I'm a big softy ay heart, believe it or not. I don't watch the news on a regular basis (it makes me angry or depressed) but viewing the images of the horrific motorway crash on todays news really got to me. How I feel for the bereaved families. Was also at the funeral service for the gentleman killed in that horrific accident in Rishton yesterday and can't get my head round how his family will cope with how he died. I know they will, it is part of what builds us and makes us the people we are but for anybody to loose a loved one in such a tragic way is beyond my comprehension.
I could go on but think I've said my bit for now, grab life with both hands each and every one of you. Make the most of every day, you never know what life is going to throw at you. Lovely thread G
Old 05-11-2011, 23:57   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
Understand.

Felt a similar feeling the year Blackburn won the Premiership, the year after my Dad died.

Remebering all those seasons we'd stood in the drizzle, watching 'em stuggle at the bottom of the old Third Division. Never imagining they'd ever be succesful again, and now he wasn't here to see it.
I had the pleasure of knowing Jack Walker, albeit briefly, all i'm going to say is that he changed my life for the better! (I don't mean Financially)

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 05-11-2011, 23:59   #50
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Me too Gary!

My Dad would'nt want me to cry..........so perhaps these are defiant tears i'm parting with now then! He told me a week before he died that he would have liked to have been more like me!

There's never a moment passes that i wouldn't have loved to have been more like him!

Best Regards - Taggy
I posted in the first post in this thread we aren't a gushy-gushy 'love ya loads babe' sort of a family.

We show love, much more than we vocalise it.

But we never let things go unsaid.

We all don't know what tomorrow brings.

What your Dad told you, he did so you had it forever. When he wouldn't be able to say it out loud to you again.

I'm honestly not religious or mystic, but I can still call on my Dad's love, and even use it somehow to get advice he would say to me, if he was here.

Usually that advice would be/is 'Hold your head up, be sure of yourself, then get on with it, work hard, and do your best'.

Old 06-11-2011, 00:01   #51
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Didn't Frank have the Kings Arms in later years?....I think he lost both his legs eventually?..His lads are still around....a sound bloke was Frank!

Best Regards - Taggy
we was talking about the Kings mate. they had it when i was supping yon underage.
Old 06-11-2011, 00:01   #52
Senior Member+

Quote:
What I posted about finding new dreams, which you can follow, is true.

The son of an Ossy baker, liked, but always on the outside, 'cause there weren't many other fly, well-spoken, arty, quick-witted, little fairies in my class at Moor End Primary, escaped.

Escaped, and did everything he ever dreamed of, and quite a few things he never dreamed about, because it would have been too fantastical. For over two decades I was lucky, and had the most truly fabulous life. Posting only half of what I did, and who with, might sound like showing off, so I won't.

Being diagnosed with Parkinson's changed my life forever.

Hand on heart.

I have NEVER been as happy as I am now, and have been, for the last few years.

I have new dreams to follow now.
Sometimes you don't always want to say much..but just convey a warm feeling of appreciation....it would be good if Accyweb could perhaps just introduce a "like" button for times like this!
Best Regards - Taggy
Old 06-11-2011, 00:16   #53
mez
God Member

mine was today ..i was at a memorial service for young people who had passed away who had been treated in the young oncology unit of christys hospital, tributes that the families had written were being read out by the chaplin of christys ..we had a brief stop to think & yes wipe away the tears.. i closed my eyes & up popped our dan flying past on a skate board ..i looked upwards & and mummered with a smile ya monkey i felt a lot better after knowing he was there. i was also humbled to see just how many people were there & how many new friends we have made , we all said see ya next year same place same table am looking forward to that.

Last edited by mez; 06-11-2011 at 00:17. Reason: changed a swear word oops
mez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 00:19   #54

I work on Accy Market and every week I see this really old couple, I say really old because I'm 50 and they seem far older than my parents, so they must be really old

Thing is...they are always hand in hand, not linking arms or such, just hand in hand. I feel soft saying it but it really is lovely to see. I always smile to myself as they pass by then I get a little emotional inside. Not sure if that qualifies as tugging at heart strings but it gets me every time I see them.

As an afterthought, she might be his weekly hooker...I do hope not
Old 06-11-2011, 00:20   #55
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
So many, many things tug at my heartstrings G. I'm a big softy ay heart, believe it or not. I don't watch the news on a regular basis (it makes me angry or depressed) but viewing the images of the horrific motorway crash on todays news really got to me. How I feel for the bereaved families. Was also at the funeral service for the gentleman killed in that horrific accident in Rishton yesterday and can't get my head round how his family will cope with how he died. I know they will, it is part of what builds us and makes us the people we are but for anybody to loose a loved one in such a tragic way is beyond my comprehension.
I could go on but think I've said my bit for now, grab life with both hands each and every one of you. Make the most of every day, you never know what life is going to throw at you. Lovely thread G

I can't imagine anyone less able to put themselves in someone else's shoes, and empathise with what they're going through, in times of suffering than you Bernie.

Having to experience the truly horrible suffering we sometimes see those we love go through, does make us stronger. We have to be strong. They make us strong.

Before your time hun.

I had a friend who was suffering.

We argued like cat and dog in the threads...and laughed our heads off in private messages.

He never, ever moaned. He encouraged me to be strong, and never, ever to give in.

I miss him, and our late night chats. Thinking about what he told me still makes me strong, or smile, even laugh. I never see a bottle of Merlot without thinking about my mate.

If I'm wrong, and you're looking down reading this, Ianto.

Cheers my friend.

Last edited by garinda; 06-11-2011 at 00:22.
Old 06-11-2011, 00:25   #56
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
I work on Accy Market and every week I see this really old couple, I say really old because I'm 50 and they seem far older than my parents, so they must be really old

Thing is...they are always hand in hand, not linking arms or such, just hand in hand. I feel soft saying it but it really is lovely to see. I always smile to myself as they pass by then I get a little emotional inside. Not sure if that qualifies as tugging at heart strings but it gets me every time I see them.

As an afterthought, she might be his weekly hooker...I do hope not
Daft git.

You're allowed to be soft for once, in here.

It is nice to see stuff like that.

There's no Use-by date on love, or romance.

Old 06-11-2011, 00:26   #57
God Member

Quote:
I can't imagine anyone less able to put themselves in someone else's shoes, and empathise with what they're going through, in times of suffering than you Bernie.

Having to experience the truly horrible suffering we sometimes see those we love go through, does make us stronger. We have to be strong. They make us strong.

Before your time hun.

I had a friend who was suffering.

We argued like cat and dog in the threads...and laughed our heads off in private messages.

He never, ever moaned. He encouraged me to be strong, and never, ever to give in.

I miss him, and our late night chats. Thinking about what he told me still makes me strong, or smile, even laugh. I never see a bottle of Merlot without thinking about my mate.

If I'm wrong, and you're looking down reading this, Ianto.

Cheers my friend.

What a lovely post G but now you've got me crying you sod. Bet he is having a laugh at us now hunxxx
Old 06-11-2011, 00:28   #58
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez View Post
mine was today ..i was at a memorial service for young people who had passed away who had been treated in the young oncology unit of christys hospital, tributes that the families had written were being read out by the chaplin of christys ..we had a brief stop to think & yes wipe away the tears.. i closed my eyes & up popped our dan flying past on a skate board ..i looked upwards & and mummered with a smile ya monkey i felt a lot better after knowing he was there. i was also humbled to see just how many people were there & how many new friends we have made , we all said see ya next year same place same table am looking forward to that.
Another lovely post, Dan is with you always Mezxxxx
Old 06-11-2011, 00:35   #59
God Member

[quote] Bonnyboy As an afterthought, she might be his weekly hooker...I do hope not [unquote] Trust you lol
Old 06-11-2011, 00:36   #60
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez View Post
Oh Mez hun.

There's not a lot you can add to that.

It's so hard, when it's children.

Must have been very tough, though I'm glad you said it made you feel better, being there today.

One day, or a hundred years, doesn't really matter how long we're here.

It's how precious that time was, and how much love we inspired, not how long a time.

It's easy sometimes, being Mother Hen. Always worrying about, and doing, and seeing, to others' needs.

Make sure you save some of all that giving, for yourself hun. x

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..