Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2011, 18:18   #31
Full Member+

Re: Poppy Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove View Post
Groove is wondering why such a big thing has been made about the England team being unable to wear poppys in todays game. Groove is bemused such an occasion as never arose before when England have played on or around this date-12/11.05 v Argentina being one off the top of gooves head. Groove thinks this is a cynical attempt by the FA to deflect attention from the John Terry racist controversy. Groove welcomes any other suggestions as to why this is a major issue as opposed to previous years.
Interesting theory.
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-11-2011, 13:41   #32
God Member

a local co-op chemist in accrington banned the wearing of poppies because most of their customers are asian and they get offended by it.

I think its the one near ormerod street.

what asians should remember is that if hitler had won the war asians woldnt be around to complain as he would have wiped them out along with any other group that didnt meet his criteria of been worthy to live

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 17:36   #33
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
Interesting theory.
Glad you think so
Old 14-11-2011, 06:53   #34
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Glad you think so
Groove wonders what does Jaysay think? Go on cleverclogs, why is ths such an issue this year as opposed to other years?
groove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 07:15   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove View Post
Groove is wondering why such a big thing has been made about the England team being unable to wear poppys in todays game. Groove is bemused such an occasion as never arose before when England have played on or around this date-12/11.05 v Argentina being one off the top of gooves head. Groove thinks this is a cynical attempt by the FA to deflect attention from the John Terry racist controversy. Groove welcomes any other suggestions as to why this is a major issue as opposed to previous years.
It is an issue this year because it has become a custom only in the past couple of years for football tems to wear poppies woven into their shirts. I never remember teams wearing poppies before that, although things like the two minutes silence were observed.

The FA clearly wanted to extend a very laudable custom to the England team, and came up against the FIFA rule. I don't think it has anything whatsoever to do with the John Terry racist comments, which are being dealt with by the football authorities and police.
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 08:46   #36
white rabbits

I will still be wearing my poppy today,,not because i cant be bothered to remove it ,but because just like birthday cards etc,,i still leave them up for a week after the event,,
Old 27-11-2011, 17:33   #37
Give, give, give member

On dear.

What a shame.

Blackburn poppy tin thief jailed for a year (From Lancashire Telegraph)

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 17:58   #38
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
The only trouble is the scumbag will be out in three months
Old 27-11-2011, 21:18   #39

The scum should have had his hands cut off, and his forehead branded with the word scum
wallop79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 21:39   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallop79 View Post
The scum should have had his hands cut off, and his forehead branded with the word scum
brilliant..makes me wonder why we are fighting the Taliban when they have the same outlook on punishment as what the British Public want
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 22:10   #41
Give, give, give member

Good lookin' geezer, it's got to be said.

I wonder if there's any stupid tarts, the sort that write to Peter Sutcliffe, or murderers on death row, putting pen to paper this very minute.

I'd sincerely like to hope not.

Old 27-11-2011, 22:13   #42
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
brilliant..makes me wonder why we are fighting the Taliban when they have the same outlook on punishment as what the British Public want
We all remember.

It's difficult for you.

For you it depends on the amount stolen, before deciding whether justice should be served.

Old 27-11-2011, 22:17   #43
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I suppose you're with your mate Cameron on this one?

All he really needs is a nice little hug?

Old 27-11-2011, 23:33   #44
God Member

Quote:
We all remember.

It's difficult for you.

For you it depends on the amount stolen, before deciding whether justice should be served.

Nothing to do with the amount stolen.. and it's not difficult for me to not tag along with morons who want to cut off peoples hands and then be the first to scare us about Shari law being imposed... if you think justice is served by amputation do what you usually do... give us another chance to vote in another of your umpteen polls.

Last edited by Mancie; 27-11-2011 at 23:36.
Old 27-11-2011, 23:43   #45
God Member

Quote:

Where did you get the wig from?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..