Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-12-2011, 14:28   #16

re: Public Grief in North Korea - Kim Jung il Is Dead

His funeral is planned for December 28, with a mourning period to last until December 29.

If you were hoping to spend a Happy Christmas in Pyongyang, I'd forget it.
ToffeeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-12-2011, 15:59   #17
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Public Grief in North Korea - Kim Jung il Is Dead

I have just merged the two threads that were discussing this.
Old 19-12-2011, 16:06   #18
God Member

Re: Public Grief in North Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
Did you see the pictures of public grief on the streets of North Korea? Crowds of people in apparent hysterics grieving the loss of their leader.

Either they have been brainwashed or are taking the proverbial for the sake of the cameras.

Very unconvincing, whatever it is!
those who dont show enough grief will most likely be executed

wasnt he the chap that executed people for wearing glasses as he deemed it a sign of superior intelligence and saw intelligent people as a threat ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2011, 16:09   #19
God Member

Nice to have a little good news befor Christmas
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2011, 16:13   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Nice to have a little good news befor Christmas
great news would be his son dropping dead too so that his other son can take over.The son kim didnt choose as his successor seems quit ehappy to play computer games than torture people its no wonder he didnt get the job lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2011, 17:50   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudwoppa View Post
I wonder how the North Korean propaganda machine reported his death: given his perceived immortality / deity status.

Will be interesting to see what happens under Kim 'Wrong Un'.
I said earlier he died on Saturday and it took until this morning for them to concoct a report of his death, which was announced on Korean State TV
Old 19-12-2011, 17:53   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
great news would be his son dropping dead too so that his other son can take over.The son kim didnt choose as his successor seems quit ehappy to play computer games than torture people its no wonder he didnt get the job lol
Must have been a mummies boy
Old 19-12-2011, 22:03   #23

Apparently he died on a train. The conductor asked for his ticket, he didn't move, and was thrown off by da 'Big Man'. Later enquiries revealed he'd actually eaten a dodgy prawn sandwich from the buffet.
ToffeeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2011, 22:31   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToffeeGuy View Post
Later enquiries revealed he'd actually eaten a dodgy prawn sandwich from the buffet.
Ah-so.. he was a Man UTD supporter?..in that case it's a great loss.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2011, 22:49   #25
Give, give, give member

I wonder who he's come back as?

Next door neighbour's budgie's just laid an egg.

Last edited by garinda; 19-12-2011 at 22:52.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2011, 09:28   #26
Resting in Peace

I've been watching scenes of people in the street screaming and crying all over the place, that's everybody, I know there's always sadness when some one dies, but this is what I would call just a tad overkill, hell I have lost both my parents and although very upset at the time I certainly refrained from a public show like this, if a Prime Minister of any party died in office I doubt if you'd see a tear shed on the streets never mind mass hysteria
Old 20-12-2011, 12:05   #27
God Member

I bet we will see similar scenes on the streets of Blackburn next April when Rovers get the formal drop.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2011, 12:31   #28
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I've been watching scenes of people in the street screaming and crying all over the place, that's everybody, I know there's always sadness when some one dies, but this is what I would call just a tad overkill, hell I have lost both my parents and although very upset at the time I certainly refrained from a public show like this, if a Prime Minister of any party died in office I doubt if you'd see a tear shed on the streets never mind mass hysteria
Its stange really cos he must have been the most feared, hated, tyrannical dictator in the world. The gulags in modern day N.Korea make the nazi death camps look like Butlins. As has been suggested, i think people are grieving out of fear of reprisals if they don't grieve.
groove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2011, 12:33   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove View Post
As has been suggested, i think people are grieving out of fear of reprisals if they don't grieve.
Just like most labour MP's, I think. They vote out of fear for what the boy Milliband tells them to vote.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2011, 13:13   #30
God Member

Every population has a it's own national character, temperament and inclination I suppose.

This seems to be particularly well-ordered and orchestrated for the rest of the world to see. Was he really seen as a "God" by some of these people or is the oppression really so great (I suspect so!).

I remember when Pope John-Paul II died there was genuine grief in Italy - and who can forget the amazing out-pouring of grief in the UK when Princess Diana died -that would have been unheard of at one time!

Maybe behind the scenes the N. Koreans are hoping that new young ruler Kim Jong Un may mean a breath of fresh air and some changes for the better given that he is rumoured to have studied in Switzerland...There are some that believe he is the alter ego of Booji Boy -lead singer of Devo

booji boy - Bing Video

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..