Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-12-2011, 21:35   #46
JFT96

Re: Public Grief in North Korea - Kim Jung il Is Dead

Not forgetting that the people of North Korea only get told what the government wants to tell them.
Pure big brother there

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-12-2011, 22:03   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Not forgetting that the people of North Korea only get told what the government wants to tell them.
Pure big brother there
True but they put a good pretence up here.
Old 20-12-2011, 22:39   #48

Re: Public Grief in North Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Procter View Post
Never seen scenes like this, masses of people crying in public. Where is the old stiff upper lip?
Get yourself down to Ewood tonight, similar scenes I believe.
ToffeeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2011, 03:02   #49
God Member

North Korea..is it so bad? zero unemployment..no strikes..no welfare..no riots..nobody moaning about immigration..no protests, nobody making a fuss about cuts.. must sounds like heaven to some of the members on here
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2011, 03:14   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
North Korea..is it so bad? zero unemployment..no strikes..no welfare..no riots..nobody moaning about immigration..no protests, nobody making a fuss about cuts.. must sounds like heaven to some of the members on here
Sounds a lot like parliament
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2011, 15:56   #51
I am Banned

Cry or die.
groove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 00:10   #52
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post

No starvation.

Always a puppy, simmering away in a pot on the hob.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 01:37   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Procter View Post
Never seen scenes like this, masses of people crying in public. Where is the old stiff upper lip?
kind of reminds me of the halfwits that travelled to watch that diana womans funeral in london so they could compete in the out cry the person next to you contest live on tv .

it never fails to amaze me how people will cry to the extreems for people they have never met .It seemed to become fashionable to show obsurd amounts of greif when that tart died

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 10:17   #54
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
No starvation.

Always a puppy, simmering away in a pot on the hob.

From reading Mancie post you quoted Rindi, it appears he thinks the Korean way of life is ideal, maybe if he thinks its so wonderful, I wonder why he hasn't deserted these shores long ago and taken North Korean citizenship
Old 22-12-2011, 10:21   #55
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
kind of reminds me of the halfwits that travelled to watch that diana womans funeral in london so they could compete in the out cry the person next to you contest live on tv .

it never fails to amaze me how people will cry to the extreems for people they have never met .It seemed to become fashionable to show obsurd amounts of greif when that tart died
Ya and It still makes me wonder why, people make shrines like the ones created outside Buckhouse, spending millions on flowers, to me that's worse than shedding crocodile tears
Old 22-12-2011, 15:35   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya and It still makes me wonder why, people make shrines like the ones created outside Buckhouse, spending millions on flowers, to me that's worse than shedding crocodile tears
ironicly the water shrine to her looks like a race track lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 15:39   #57
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Can't argue wi that,tears are free, flowers cost money.
Old 22-12-2011, 19:02   #58
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
ironicly the water shrine to her looks like a race track lol

Nothing wrong with that, but the piles of rotting flowers outside Buckhouse and St James Palace and other places was bloody stupid, there must have been millions wasted in that week back in 1997, it would have don't more good making a donation to a homeless charity or centre point, projects that she supported, the only thing that happened was it meant workmen had a lot of extra work cleaning up the mess when the flowers started rotting, what a total waste
Old 22-12-2011, 20:06   #59
JFT96

Quote:
And there is no Car Ownership, unless you are a government official. A country where a Fridge, Television, VCR, Camera (manual, not digital), Washing Machine, Sewing Machine are considered luxuries, if you own one or more. (rare) you are considered rich.
Yeah great place Mancie....

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 20:24   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
And there is no Car Ownership, unless you are a government official. A country where a Fridge, Television, VCR, Camera (manual, not digital), Washing Machine, Sewing Machine are considered luxuries, if you own one or more. (rare) you are considered rich.
Yeah great place Mancie....
I didn't say I would like it..I said it must sound like an ideal place for some members
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..