Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-04-2012, 21:37   #241
Senior Member+

Re: Government Spy Program will Monitor you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrighty View Post
I am not a member of any party but if was to be it would be UKIP

All voting does is make the masses think they can make a change through voting .. when in reality nothing ever changes.

The main reason I would UKIP is that they want out of the EU
Anyone want to do something about this then have a go with the information below!

Dear sir/madam,
The government snooping plan, the "Communications Capabilities Development Programme" is rolling ahead: the story broke in the Sunday Telegraph, and then last week in the Sunday Times. This time, the government reacted by pretending that the system will be limited and designed merely to maintain their current abilities.

ORG, LSE, Privacy International, Big Brother Watch and the Foundation for Information Policy Research have teamed up to provide an afternoon (19th April) of debate and campaigning, called Scrambling for Safety, next Thursday afternoon. David Davis MP (TBC) and Shami Chaktrabati of Liberty will be speaking, alongside commercial and police representatives.

Scrambling for Safety 2012

The CCDP leaks are trailing two very different systems. The first would involve ISPs intercepting your webmail, social media and forum chat, and storing the data showing who you talk to.

The second proposal would allow the police to gain access to the same "communications data" (who you talk to, and when) from big web companies. They would be able to get this data without a warrant, just by police officer simply signing a form, just as they do for phone bills today.

We want to tease out just how unregulated and instrusive both of these plans are, and find ways to campaign to stop them. Please come along:

Scrambling for Safety 2012

You can also write a personal email to your MP:

Write to your MP today
Let them know about the event!

Hope to see you there,
Jim Killock, Executive Director, Open Rights Group
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-11-2012, 16:45   #242
God Member

On the topic of government spies - an ex MI5 whistleblower gives insight into the sort of things they get up to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=2PgQr6uYF00

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 20:34   #243

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
On the topic of government spies - an ex MI5 whistleblower gives insight into the sort of things they get up to.
Now that's a quandary for the judiciary....

Official Secrets Act vs Public Disclosure Act, or treason vs whistleblowing..

Is it possible that she remains free because she is talking complete and utter tripe, and since she is not actually relating any secrets, cannot be prosecuted for breaking the Official Secrets Act?

Then again she is one of the nutjobs that claim Diana was assassinated, 9/11 was a Mossad job, the Illuminati are to blame for the current economic crisis, she's a mate of David Icke, thinks CCTV is big brother, advocates decriminalisation of drugs and is now described by the Gurniad, which she currently writes for, as an 'international public speaker'.

Of course this is probably all MI5 misinformation
Old 25-11-2012, 13:58   #244
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Then again she is one of the nutjobs that claim Diana was assassinated,
Of course this is probably all MI5 misinformation
There is a decent fiction novel where Diana was assassinated. "The accident man" the people behind it in the story was manufacturers of landmine. Makes for interesting thought. Fiction or not.

I lean towards the possibility that its possible she was actually assassinated. But to hear David Icke's version makes the mind melt
Old 25-11-2012, 14:52   #245
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
There is a decent fiction novel where Diana was assassinated. "The accident man" the people behind it in the story was manufacturers of landmine. Makes for interesting thought. Fiction or not.

I lean towards the possibility that its possible she was actually assassinated. But to hear David Icke's version makes the mind melt
I wouldn't mention landmine manufacturers if I was you, unless of course you fancy tippy toeing around as if you are on egg shells for the rest of your life!
Restless likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 16:23   #246
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I wouldn't mention landmine manufacturers if I was you, unless of course you fancy tippy toeing around as if you are on egg shells for the rest of your life!

Mmm there is a like button but no dislike button?

Yasser Arafat has now been dug up as they think he may have been assasinated!

Last edited by kestrelx; 27-11-2012 at 16:26.
Old 27-11-2012, 17:32   #247
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Mmm there is a like button but no dislike button?

Yasser Arafat has now been dug up as they think he may have been assasinated!
What on Earth has that got to do with the price of fish?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 16:44   #248
Senior Member+

Home Secretary Theresa May is planning to pass legislation which will mean all internet use - e-mails and text messages are stored and possibly will be accessible to local Councils and other agency's who want to know your secrets!

BBC News - Draft Communications Data Bill to be redrafted - No 10

No 10 says the PM remains committed to giving police and security services new powers to monitor internet activity, despite criticism of current plans.
The prime minister's spokesman said he accepted the criticism from MPs and peers of the draft Communications Data Bill and would re-write it.
Deputy PM Nick Clegg had threatened to block it unless there was a "rethink".

Old 11-12-2012, 19:59   #249
Senior Member+

i hope no ones spying on me, they will be very very bored, unless they like fabric and cloth nappies..

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 15:51   #250
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
i hope no ones spying on me, they will be very very bored, unless they like fabric and cloth nappies..
Well from latest news our medical records are to be used by government body for research without our consent, using personal information and names etc

Big brother to log your drinking habits and waist size | Mail Online
Old 02-02-2013, 16:03   #251
God Member

this is all to do with private health firms that will be badgering you when the nhs goes private.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:56   #252
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
this is all to do with private health firms that will be badgering you when the nhs goes private.
Won't happen dullard, never heard of the data protection act, or does it not apply to jockland, and their gas powered computer system, think you'll find, if you care to look that is, that there was more privatisation under the last incumbents of Downing Street and has added billions of pounds on the NHS Trusts budgets for years and years to come, than ever under this coalition government,

Last edited by jaysay; 03-02-2013 at 08:58.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:33   #253
I am Banned

[QUOTE=kestrelx;1031646]Home Secretary Theresa May is planning to pass legislation which will mean all internet use - e-mails and text messages are stored and possibly will be accessible to local Councils and other agency's who want to know your secrets!

Has any one given this much thought, how are they going to collect it all, where the eck are they going to store it, how many staff will it need to process it, will any of it be any use when you think of other centralised computer systems that don't work properly.
Then along comes a spammer who steals you email address & sends out stuff in your name, think of all the slang names and abreviations that are used every day, the dodges are endless.
Then a hacker breaks the code and scrambles the lot.

Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 14:22   #254
Resting in Peace

[QUOTE=Retlaw;1040475]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrel x View Post
Home Secretary Theresa May is planning to pass legislation which will mean all internet use - e-mails and text messages are stored and possibly will be accessible to local Councils and other agency's who want to know your secrets!

Has any one given this much thought, how are they going to collect it all, where the heck are they going to store it, how many staff will it need to process it, will any of it be any use when you think of other centralised computer systems that don't work properly.
Then along comes a spammer who steals you email address & sends out stuff in your name, think of all the slang names and abbreviations that are used every day, the dodges are endless.
Then a hacker breaks the code and scrambles the lot.

Well at the moment Walter when you delete your emails they're not gone forever they're still out there somewhere
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 14:31   #255
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=jaysay;1040496]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Well at the moment Walter when you delete your emails they're not gone forever they're still out there somewhere
Well it is possible. When you delete files on a HDD they are not gone until you copy over those sectors

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..