Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'?
No. 24 77.42%
Yes. 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2012, 21:27   #361
God Member

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Eric has the insight of living over the pond where the drug situation is far far worse than it is here.

You have a good point. How many would quit if they was not illegal? A lot of people might do it for that thrill. Having to "score" drugs from dealers can be a very scary experience for somebody in their youth that is not in the same mindset. This is one of the reasons that sometimes makes me lean towards legalisation
Dear Restless -without seeming patronising -I have 2 sons in their early 20's so I have an idea what it's like for you "youngsters" - life is short in some terms, yet in other moments it's not that easy. Learn to appreciate what you have timewise and healthwise. I wish you and my boys 100 years -but lets' be honest it's not that likely, unfortunately...apologise for posting having said I'd leave it there with these threads...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Accrington Web
Old 01-09-2012, 21:28   #362
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Eric has the insight of living over the pond where the drug situation is far far worse than it is here.

You have a good point. How many would quit if they was not illegal? A lot of people might do it for that thrill. Having to "score" drugs from dealers can be a very scary experience for somebody in their youth that is not in the same mindset. This is one of the reasons that sometimes makes me lean towards legalisation
It's all relative.

The use of recreational drugs here has gone through the roof here, over the last thirty years ago. Both locally, and nationally.

In the past there'd usually be one dealer supplying a few neighbouring towns. Nowadays you can score within minutes, after one quick text on your mobile. Easier and faster than getting a cab, and sometimes cheaper.

It could be said this increased usage as happened at the same time that there's been less and less criminal prosecutions, for anything other than supplying drugs.

Smoke a joint in public, and if you're really unlucky, you might meet a plod, who'll make you extinguish it.

I personally have friends who take every drug going. None of them have ever been done for personal possession. When was the last time you read in the local press of anyone who's been prosecuted for possession of an illegal drug? Yet the number of people using drugs locally has increased a thousand fold in the last few decades.

Coincidence, that the number of users has increased so dramatically, a few of whose lives will end miserably because of drugs, whilst at the same time there's been a marked 'turn a blind eye' policy regarding the use of recreational drugs for personal use?

As stated earlier, in my opinion, I think not.

My opinions are arrived at through numerous interactions with drugs taken as recreation. Some of which details I've already given in this thread, others I haven't.

No way are my opinions arrived at from a position of naivety.

Trust me, that's really very far from the case. From being a young clubber, then an art student, and then working in the fashion business for so long, drugs were very much part of the worlds I lived in.

When it comes to the small minority on here, the nice ol' pot smoking pro-legalise supporters, versus myself, in deciding who knows more about the myriad of drugs available, from glue through to the latest must have designer drug for clubbers, and all their pros and cons.

If I was a betting man, you can bet your sweet bippy that my money would definitely be on myself knowing more about recreational drugs per se.

Much more so than ol' Grandpa Walton, rocking away on his verandah, toking away on a big fat spliff, or Alice Nutter, puffing away in her hermetically sealed bubble.

No offence by the way.

Any illustrative similarity to any living forum member is purely coincidental.

Besides, Eric's much more like John Boy.

Old 01-09-2012, 21:35   #363
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Besides, Eric's much more like John Boy.

Allow me to disagree this once -he's definitely Jim-Bob!!!!!!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 01-09-2012, 21:45   #364
God Member

Quote:

Much more so than ol' Grandpa Walton, rocking away on his verandah, toking away on a big fat spliff, or Alice Nutter, puffing away in her hermetically sealed bubble.

No offence by the way.

Any illustrative similarity to any living forum member is purely coincidental.

Old Zeb is turning in his tomb tonight...

Time to switch out the lights...
Night Grandpa...

Night John-Boy

Night Mary-Ellen...

xx

~ D. H. Lawrence

Last edited by Neil; 02-09-2012 at 00:57. Reason: fix quote
Old 01-09-2012, 21:47   #365
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Dear Restless -without seeming patronising -I have 2 sons in their early 20's so I have an idea what it's like for you "youngsters" - life is short in some terms, yet in other moments it's not that easy. Learn to appreciate what you have timewise and healthwise. I wish you and my boys 100 years -but lets' be honest it's not that likely, unfortunately...apologise for posting having said I'd leave it there with these threads...
I worry too.

Drugs are much more readily available to young people now, than at any other time in the past.

Fact.

Seen with my own eyes in Hyndburn, and elsewhere.

Most young dope smokers would be genuinely shocked if someone told them that smoking weed is actually a criminal offence. Mainly because the law more or less turns a blind eye to possession nowadays.

Decriminalisation would give the green light that recreational drugs are harmless.

For most they are.

For a minority they'll lead to a life of misery, and for some death.

It's a risk.

You never know when you take your first drug socially whether you'll have a great time, and little or no side effects, or your personality will mean you'll soon become addicted, and hooked on the effects, needing stronger and stronger drugs to recreate that initial euphoria.

I live in the real world, and it's a world where drug usage is very widespread.

I have young relatives about to enter that world.

I'll do everything in my power to get them to weigh up the risks that taking drugs as a recreation bring.

I hope they survive that world.

Most of my friends have.

Some didn't.

Old 01-09-2012, 21:53   #366
Give, give, give member

Quote:

Old Zeb is turning in his tomb tonight...

Time to switch out the lights...

Night Grandpa...

Night John-Boy

Night Mary-Ellen...

xx
We know who you'd be.

The much put upon peacemaker of the household.

'G'night Mamma.' x

Old 01-09-2012, 21:57   #367
God Member

Quote:
I worry too.

Drugs are much more readily available to young people now, than at any other time in the past.

Fact.

Seen with my own eyes in Hyndburn, and elsewhere.

Most young dope smokers would be genuinely shocked if someone told them that smoking weed is actually a criminal offence. Mainly because the law more or less turns a blind eye to possession nowadays.
Did you call the Police when you witnessed these offences?..I mean you are well known to have a zero tolerance when it comes to crime.
Old 01-09-2012, 22:01   #368
God Member

Quote:
We know who you'd be.

The much put upon peacemaker of the household.

'G'night Mamma.' x

How right you are.

The sun will always shine on you, favourite son.

G'night. Mamma xx

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 01-09-2012, 22:04   #369
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Did you call the Police when you witnessed these offences?..I mean you are well known to have a zero tolerance when it comes to crime.
Stop being such a tight-arse Mancie - you live in London -right , not Hyndburn...

Thought you were part of the progressive, open-minded group of Acyweb...

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 01-09-2012, 22:43   #370
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Yes, I have done.

Will do again, when I see scum dealers supplying young teens, from parked cars.

Do I call plod every time I've seen someone have a cheeky line in the bogs on a night out?

Nah, Vern.

Like havin' a laugh me, when I go out.

Not spending all night on the blower.

Especially as the law now couldn't give a hoot who's doing what to themselves narcotically, as long as they aren't dealing.

Old 01-09-2012, 22:52   #371
God Member

Quote:
Stop being such a tight-arse Mancie - you live in London -right , not Hyndburn...

Yeah i am pretty much open minded..but I was asking a question of someone who has said they would be prepared to shoot his own children for theft...have you read some of the past posts this idiot has written?...such as chopping hands off ..shooting children?.. he's a nutter
Old 01-09-2012, 22:53   #372
Give, give, give member

Quote:

I've reported scum dealers in both places.

I ain't fussy, geographically.

Nor do I give a flying fox, if in the eyes of some, that makes me a 'grass', in the lootin', tootin', criminal supportin' underworld, where they inhabit.

I'll sleep.

Despite the alarms going off.

As people go out on the rob, to fund their habit.

It's a hard knock life...

Old 01-09-2012, 22:59   #373
God Member

Quote:
I've reported scum dealers in both places.

I ain't fussy, geographically.

Nor do I give a flying fox, if in the eyes of some, that makes me a 'grass', in the lootin', tootin', criminal supportin' underworld, where they inhabit.

I'll sleep.

Despite the alarms going off.

As people go out on the rob, to fund their habit.

It's a hard knock life...
No.. I did not ask about the dealers..I asked if you had reported to the police your "friends" who have as you say broken the law by taking illegal drugs?..
Old 01-09-2012, 23:03   #374
God Member

Quote:
Yeah i am pretty much open minded..but I was asking a question of someone who has said they would be prepared to shoot his own children for theft...have you read some of the past posts this idiot has written?...such as chopping hands off ..shooting children?.. he's a nutter
What an imagination -as far as I remember since I know Garinda his inclinations mean he is a "non-breeder" -his own words, so I'm sure I cause him no offence. I think he is as far removed from Sharia law as you can get
don't see any nutters on his horzion -sorry! Though as to idiots...

I am still on the run myself, though Interpol occasionally knocks on the door ...I do still look so innocent -thank goodness!

Mary Poppins Li'l sister

~ D. H. Lawrence

Last edited by mobertol; 01-09-2012 at 23:09.
Old 01-09-2012, 23:13   #375
God Member

Quote:
...have you read some of the past posts this idiot has written?...
When someone starts bandying about words like "Idiot" I always feel it's time they take stock personally -no offence intended , of course, but then if I'd stayed in the UK I was destined for the diplomatic services...

~ D. H. Lawrence
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..