Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'?
No. 24 77.42%
Yes. 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2012, 14:29   #721
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Your obviously well versed with the drug world Less - obviously an ex-user.
Perhaps Not?

I know about childbirth, but I've never had the first hand experience of giving birth.
Accrington Web
Old 12-09-2012, 14:30   #722
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houseboy View Post
I am my own employer.
Why do you post a quote and then not take the time to respond? just a thought.
Have you forgotten again?

I told you, luckily I have an inbuilt sewerage system, which allows me to sort through all the crap you produce, and deal with your biggest, most offensive filth, more effectively.

Old 12-09-2012, 14:32   #723
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I think that some people do not have the luxury of the choice of expensive clothes....and have to buy whatever their budget will allow.

School clothes - uniform for instance, can be very expensive and even when you pay the top price the quality still isn't so crash hot.
Also children grow so quickly. My daughter bought her little girl some school skirts just as the school holidays began,thinking she would save time and effort during what was to be a busy time for her........only to find the skirts are too short, because her daughter has had a growth spurt - must be the sun and sea air.

I don't know about Italy, but it is difficult to buy clothes that are made in the EU...everything seems to come from China.
I bought myself a pair of M&S sandals - not cheap - found they had been made in Vietnam.
People's expectations have changed undoubtedly -I remember mum sponging my school clothes down from one day to the next if I marked them, my god-daughter would be horrified at the idea and changes for school every day! I had one change of uniform -mum knit the cardigans herself and made a lot of my & my sisters clothes by hand and she worked full-time as a teacher.

Many people now spend less on the basics to have more of life's luxuries -mentalities have shifted. Back to my mum -who was neither a Saint or a Martyr -she cooked a full meal for the family every evening. These days so many spend a fortune on ready made meals and take-aways because they don't have time...Time is what you make of it, as a rule families are better off now than they were in the 70's -the priorities have changed-in many cases not for the better -but them I'm an old fuddy-duddy and walk round with rose-tinted specs most of the time

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 12-09-2012, 14:37   #724
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Perhaps Not?

I know about childbirth, but I've never had the first hand experience of giving birth.
I was once saw a salad.

Although I'm not actually a rabbit.

Old 12-09-2012, 14:40   #725

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Have you forgotten again?

I told you, luckily I have an inbuilt sewerage system, which allows me to sort through all the crap you produce, and deal with your biggest, most offensive filth, more effectively.

But your post was out of context wasn't it? You quoted a post of mine then simply questioned my employment status and couldn't even attempt to respond to the actual post. That shows a distinct lack of cohesion. I don't mind the insults (as I'm sure you don't - if I made any) but please try to at least stay to the point old chap.
Old 12-09-2012, 14:44   #726
God Member

Quote:
Perhaps Not?

I use a computer and haven't got a clue how they work!

Maybe we could swap our experiences!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 12-09-2012, 14:50   #727
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post

I know about the Battle of Hastings, though I wasn't actually there.

I was ill when it took place, and wasn't able to travel.

Old 12-09-2012, 14:52   #728
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houseboy View Post
But your post was out of context wasn't it? You quoted a post of mine then simply questioned my employment status and couldn't even attempt to respond to the actual post. That shows a distinct lack of cohesion. I don't mind the insults (as I'm sure you don't - if I made any) but please try to at least stay to the point old chap.
No.

Checked.

Just a whole load of runny stuff there.

Nothing of substance.

No big lumps, needing atention.

Old 12-09-2012, 14:55   #729
Senior Member+

One of the problems with trying to have a debate with someone, who can't remember what they said to whom, it's good that all us mere mortals just blend into one in your mind, that way you class anyone who doesn't agree with you as the same person, makes it easier to justify your own point of view, well only one person disagreed eh!

It was me you mentioned te sewage system too

Last edited by churchfcrules; 12-09-2012 at 14:57.
Old 12-09-2012, 15:11   #730

Quote:

You've got to be joking, I was once trapped in the house while my ex and four of her friends insisted on out-doing each other for over 6 hours re-counting their individual experiences in that, each one giving a more detailed and gory account than the last whenever one them described the excruciating pain and discomfort she had been through, a pause would come to the conversation as all five turned and glared that, you swine, you don't know what you put me through look, it was a most distressing experience and most confusing for me, because to my knowledge, I had only fathered the children of one of them!
Old 12-09-2012, 15:13   #731
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
One of the problems with trying to have a debate with someone, who can't remember what they said to whom, it's good that all us mere mortals just blend into one in your mind, that way you class anyone who doesn't agree with you as the same person, makes it easier to justify your own point of view, well only one person disagreed eh!

I now look at your posts and just see a pretty two-dimensional pattern, composed of a whole host of typed letters.

I look, but it makes no sense.

I've even tried staring at one letter in the centre of the jumbled mess, in the hope a magical image of Mickey Mouse will suddenly appear, but no, nothing.

In case anyone might be tempted, who can actually read what's been posted, I'll repeat myself again.

Give, give, give.

The argument, as our poll so clearly illustrates, that recreational drugs should be made legal, will never, ever be won on this forum.

Accy Web isn't the place where you have a hope in Hell of this ever happening.

Old 12-09-2012, 15:15   #732
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I know about the Battle of Hastings, though I wasn't actually there.

I was ill when it took place, and wasn't able to travel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post

Was that before or after you spoilt Guinevere's bit of fun by running off with Lancelot?

Perhaps it's time to change immagery and go back to sorting out the wheat from the chaff... No bog-roll round in those days -just nice soft clumps of moss...

By the way "Church" - no need to question Garinda's memory it is infallible, as is his logic and wit. Thetis had learned her lesson by the time he was born and dropped him in the Styx giving him a thorough dunking so no bits were left unwetted!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 12-09-2012, 15:17   #733
Give, give, give member

Though please don't think my rude, if you don't register for any further action.

It really is nothing personal.

It will probably just be that there's some more solidly produced crap, that needs attention.

Old 12-09-2012, 15:17   #734
God Member

Quote:
You've got to be joking, I was once trapped in the house while my ex and four of her friends insisted on out-doing each other for over 6 hours re-counting their individual experiences in that, each one giving a more detailed and gory account than the last whenever one them described the excruciating pain and discomfort she had been through, a pause would come to the conversation as all five turned and glared that, you swine, you don't know what you put me through look, it was a most distressing experience and most confusing for me, because to my knowledge, I had only fathered the children of one of them!
How's shelling peas as a description?

I'm sure you can make even computer technology seem that simple...

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 12-09-2012, 15:27   #735

Quote:

I'm sure you can make even computer technology seem that simple...
GIGO

Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..