Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'?
No. 24 77.42%
Yes. 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2012, 15:39   #736
Give, give, give member

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
debate
There is no debate.

The vast majority of members of this forum don't want recreational drugs making legal.

Much the same throughout the land.

There's no support for the law to be changed.

There are no votes to be won, if any political party suggested recreational drugs should be decriminalised.

It won't be happening.

Fact.

No debate.

Accrington Web
Old 12-09-2012, 15:46   #737
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
GIGO

'Fraid I had to Google it Less

Presume you don't mean a traditional dance from the Occitane region...

Garbage in, garbage out -that's more like it!

Thought you'd say "Windows" -can understand those -you click and they open -miracle!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 12-09-2012, 15:51   #738
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
'Fraid I had to Google it Less

Thought you'd say "Windows" -can understand those -you click and they open -miracle!
Windows isn't a computer, it just ensures that GIGO runs to form.
Old 12-09-2012, 15:56   #739
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Windows isn't a computer, it just ensures that GIGO runs to form.
I do just about realise that thank-you, Less and you cheated by adding in a bit while i was replying!! -I'm beginning to wonder if my mistake has been not dabbling in recreational drugs for all these years -maybe then I'd understand technical things and would have greater powers of understanding - perhaps it would have opened up my mind...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 12-09-2012, 17:17   #740

[QUOTE=Restless;1014977]Just out of curiosity where did you get that from. That it isn't that popular? It is certainly good to know. I read a few times of kids that had died from taking it.

I got it from my professional experience - a couple of years ago most of the young people I come across were using bubble/mephedrone to major excess. Now, quite a few still use it but nowhere near as many. It's dreadful stuff, sends people crazy when they're on it and messes with their heads in an awful way. I knew some who were hospitalised after using it, but fortunately I haven't personally come across any deaths.
Old 12-09-2012, 17:42   #741
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houseboy View Post
Drug use is, or at least can be, dangerous, I've never said otherwise, but so are all the other things in the list I posted. Would you ban alcohol as well, or is that okay because it has become socially acceptable over the years. Alcohol has been guilty of bringing about far more misery over the years than drugs (violence, anti social behaviour and even family poverty and other problems). I don't smoke and never have but I don't go clambering for it to be banned, even before the ban in public places stopped it being rammed down my throat. We cannot go banning things just because we don't personally like them, we just stay away from them (a bit like turning the tv over if you don't like the programme).
So we should just let people do whatever they want so long as its their choice, if there wasn't a ban on drugs such as heroin and cocaine, you think life would just go on as it is, but who ends up picking up the tab, its bad enough even when its illegal never mind, just wonder if you had kids whether you would be giving them the weekly allowance in £10 or £20 raps of cocaine
Old 12-09-2012, 17:50   #742
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I think the problem is that a lot of people do buy cheap clothes and cheap everything in the consumer-mad world, somehow thinking they have more -but you get what you pay for and tat is tat. 5 cheap and nasty synthetic shirts for the price of one decently made cotton one which will last years if washed properly -I know which I'd choose.

Drugs are also tat -buy yourself a decent bottle of wine and taste it -you don't need to get drunk to appreciate alcohol. A nice bar of proper chocolate is a joy for the senses, as is a bowl of fresh home-made soup...it's down to choice of lifestyle, but here I mean real choice.
Most people buy cheap clothes then di, do they, caught a bit of the TV program on Shad last night and one kid had a United shirt on about £40, and if you ever see programs about problem kids living on these estates they all have the latest Nike trainers on and Adidas track suits, wonder how that happens
Old 12-09-2012, 18:24   #743
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Most people buy cheap clothes then di, do they, caught a bit of the TV program on Shad last night and one kid had a United shirt on about £40, and if you ever see programs about problem kids living on these estates they all have the latest Nike trainers on and Adidas track suits, wonder how that happens
Those items may not be cheap to buy John but they are still produced under atrocious conditions.

Olympic brands caught up in abuse scandal | Business | The Observer

And their prevalence is down to peer pressure and slick marketing.
Old 12-09-2012, 18:31   #744
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Those items may not be cheap to buy John but they are still produced under atrocious conditions.

Olympic brands caught up in abuse scandal | Business | The Observer

And their prevalence is down to peer pressure and slick marketing.
The post I was answering was about people buying cheap clothes, not about how cheap they were to make, loads of Kids wear named sports goods, irrespective of it be through peer pressure, that had little to do with the argument
Old 12-09-2012, 18:44   #745
Resting In Peace

Quote:
200 people died yesterday in Pakistan, working in a sweat shop producing clothes that were almost certainly bound for the West. There were no fire exits and the windows, apparently, were barred. I don't suppose anyone will be wanting to ban cheap clothes though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The post I was answering was about people buying cheap clothes, not about how cheap they were to make, loads of Kids wear named sports goods, irrespective of it be through peer pressure, that had little to do with the argument
OK I was tying it up with the post above, didn't make that clear. Cheap or inflated prices, production conditions are similar.
Old 12-09-2012, 18:45   #746
Senior Member+

Quote:
Is that because you say so? If it's the wrong forum why did you ask the question in the first place? I find it strange that someone would start a thread on a forum that was completely wrong for the topic. What a bizarre person you seem to be.
I think he started this thread to take away the power of the thread I started on the subject which still has well over double the amount of hits as this one.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ugs-55943.html
Old 12-09-2012, 19:01   #747
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I was once saw a salad.

Although I'm not actually a rabbit.

Rabbits don't eat salads! Unless given to by their owners. So some rabbit...
Old 12-09-2012, 19:07   #748
Senior Member+

Quote:

Personally I don't buy "cheap" clothing -I was brought up to save and buy the best quality I could afford (my mother's philosophy handed down to her by hers) -I also try to buy home-grown or at least EU products.
Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Just supposing we stop buying these goods produced under what we agree are atrocious conditions?
The factories go bust, shut down, the children and adults working there have no jobs- so no money at all- so no food- so they starve.
Supposing we pay them decent wages on a par with Europe? The goods won't be cheap any more so companies won't buy them(they might as well make them in the EU and save shipping costs)-same result.
Old 12-09-2012, 19:09   #749
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Just supposing we stop buying these goods produced under what we agree are atrocious conditions?
The factories go bust, shut down, the children and adults working there have no jobs- so no money at all- so no food- so they starve.
Supposing we pay them decent wages on a par with Europe? The goods won't be cheap any more so companies won't buy them(they might as well make them in the EU and save shipping costs)-same result.
Think you've got a hell of a point Gordon
Old 12-09-2012, 19:18   #750
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
I think he started this thread to take away the power of the thread I started on the subject which still has well over double the amount of hits as this one.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ugs-55943.html
You really are sad if you think that.

As it states in post one, this poll was started to illustrate to those who aren't too bright, that the vast majority of Accy Webbers don't want recreational drugs legalised.

I'm beginning to understand why some seek to escape the reality of their lives.

It can't be easy.

Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..