Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'?
No. 24 77.42%
Yes. 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2012, 19:20   #751
Give, give, give member

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Rabbits don't eat salads! Unless given to by their owners. So some rabbit...
Who told you that, Alice, whilst you were on some bad trip?

Accrington Web
Old 12-09-2012, 19:29   #752
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
You really are sad if you think that.

As it states in post one, this poll was started to illustrate to those who aren't too bright, that the vast majority of Accy Webbers don't want recreational drugs legalised.

I'm beginning to understand why some seek to escape the reality of their lives.

It can't be easy.

31 votes, out of how many members? And that is a vast majority, is it
Granted 77 percent voted no, but that's of who voted, not of accywebers
Old 12-09-2012, 19:38   #753
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
Take what crumbs of comfort you can, if they fill a hunger in you.

People here, and throughout the land, don't want recreational drugs made legal.

That is clear, to all but the dimmest of people.

Carry on banging your head against that brick wall.

Then go and pop a paracetamol.

Old 12-09-2012, 19:55   #754
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
I think he started this thread to take away the power of the thread I started on the subject which still has well over double the amount of hits as this one.
Seriously, what with everything else you've shown that troubles you, I thought you had it bad.

Now we've seen you also have a Napolean complex.

Mine is bigger than your's.

Almost funny.

I've always found those who needed to brag, mine's bigger than your's, my partner's back on fifty grand now he's at Heysham, do so to mask some inner inadequacy.

Either that, or you're a masochist, who has an addiction to public humilation. We already now from the Sunday papers, about the spanking scandal.

People here don't want your drugs legalised.

Is that too hard to take in?

Carry on, here, there, in cloud cuckoo land, bleating on, bringing ridicule on yourself, and from the more generous, pity.

You will not be able to change this.

It's a fact.

Reality.

I know you aren't that keen on reality, and like to have your little trips away from it, but it's true.

Fact.

Old 12-09-2012, 20:10   #755
God Member

Quote:
In any election it's the %age of those who votes that counts -not the %age of the total possible voters.

Look at the turnout in the General election -or worse even in local ones...mostly you are dealing with apathy or at worst - people who just don't give a damn.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 12-09-2012, 20:22   #756
God Member

On a completely different tack -I am greatly dis-heartened by the fact that twice recently on this thread I have received red karma.

Not for the fact in itself -which is fair enough -but for the fact that it has been twice unsigned. Say what you think -say it to my face, I won't be upset and will take it as your valid opinion. Yours has as much weight as mine.

Please though have the strength of your convictions and say who you are as well as your comment. There is nohing worse than a coward - so your comments are worth less than nothing without your signature.

Mine is always signed.

Where possible - as mostly it is green - I will thank your for your interaction - otherwise am willing to have a personal chat, you will find that I am a reasonable soul.

I stand by what I say...have he courage to defend your stance and your words by signing them.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 12-09-2012, 21:12   #757
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Just supposing we stop buying these goods produced under what we agree are atrocious conditions?
The factories go bust, shut down, the children and adults working there have no jobs- so no money at all- so no food- so they starve.
Supposing we pay them decent wages on a par with Europe? The goods won't be cheap any more so companies won't buy them(they might as well make them in the EU and save shipping costs)-same result.
Gordon, I agree with you. I was just making the point in reply to others on the thread.
Old 12-09-2012, 21:34   #758
Give, give, give member

Quote:
One of the problems with trying to have a debate with someone, who can't remember what they said to whom, it's good that all us mere mortals just blend into one in your mind, that way you class anyone who doesn't agree with you as the same person, makes it easier to justify your own point of view, well only one person disagreed eh!

It was me you mentioned te sewage system too

Surely to goodness there's only one of you, who struggles reading what's already been said, or who forgets what's been written only a post or so before?

The inbulit sewerage system isn't there just for you.

It's there to deal with all the illogical crap we have to wade through.

When the few unfortunate souls have gone cold turkey, and develop severe contstipation, I'll put down my crap scoop, and go and have a cup of tea.

Old 12-09-2012, 21:48   #759
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
On a completely different tack -I am greatly dis-heartened by the fact that twice recently on this thread I have received red karma.

Not for the fact in itself -which is fair enough -but for the fact that it has been twice unsigned. Say what you think -say it to my face, I won't be upset and will take it as your valid opinion. Yours has as much weight as mine.

Please though have the strength of your convictions and say who you are as well as your comment. There is nohing worse than a coward - so your comments are worth less than nothing without your signature.

Mine is always signed.

Where possible - as mostly it is green - I will thank your for your interaction - otherwise am willing to have a personal chat, you will find that I am a reasonable soul.

I stand by what I say...have he courage to defend your stance and your words by signing them.
If you're like me, just laugh.

If you're a better person than me, less mean, which I have no doubt you are, try and show a little pity for those weaker than yourself. Who are too afraid to say what they think.

Either way you look at cowardice, just be glad it isn't something that festers away within you.

Karma, shmarma.

I had some unsigned good stuff today.

It was their choice it was unsigned.

I pity them, for finding some daft thing I posted witty.

Bless 'em.

Old 12-09-2012, 21:50   #760
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post

Mine is always signed.

I agree with you, I always sign my Karma and was not responsible for any red in this case. I have had a lot of unsigned stuff in the past and I agree it is cowardly.
Old 12-09-2012, 21:54   #761

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Gordon, I agree with you. I was just making the point in reply to others on the thread.
It's a catch 22 situation, a moral dilemma.
Old 12-09-2012, 21:55   #762
God Member

Why -thank you both - to be honest, in the words of Rhett Butler "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn" - but I don't like people bad-mouthing my friends...

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 12-09-2012, 21:59   #763
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
It's a catch 22 situation, a moral dilemma.
It's a pretty big moral dilemma caused by certain people's greed and wish to make money at the expense of everyone else -ie at home -where manufacturing has been abandonned for cheap profits to the detriment of all -and abroad where the weak and the poor are used as cheap labour to increase the profits of those few money-crazed so-called businessmen.

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 12-09-2012, 22:01   #764
Senior Member+

Quote:
There is no debate.

The vast majority of members of this forum don't want recreational drugs making legal.

Much the same throughout the land.

There's no support for the law to be changed.

There are no votes to be won, if any political party suggested recreational drugs should be decriminalised.

It won't be happening.

Fact.

No debate.

Most peoples attitude about drugs, in my view is blinkered and based on fear and misinformation by papers like the Sun! Who today by the way have been disgraced by the fact they published lies and slander about the football fans who were killed in the Hillsborough Disaster.

This indicates this newspaper will publish lies and inaccuracy in order to sway peoples opinions and back the Police, as they did in this case.

Most people are not bothered about forensic evidence that many people who it is claimed, by papers like the Sun, were killed by specific drugs, when they weren't - but killed by alcohol and a cocktail of drugs etc etc.

There is a debate and fact is making drugs illegal causes more damage/ harm in the long run.

Last edited by kestrelx; 12-09-2012 at 22:08.
Old 12-09-2012, 22:06   #765
Senior Member+

Quote:
I was once saw a salad.

Although I'm not actually a rabbit.

Rabbits don't shop in Tesco, Sainsbury's, ASDA or any other supplier of salads. Seems like you been on the hallucinogenics mate! Think your a rabbit? Salad Muncher...
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..