Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'?
No. 24 77.42%
Yes. 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-09-2012, 07:56   #781
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
On a completely different tack -I am greatly dis-heartened by the fact that twice recently on this thread I have received red karma.

Not for the fact in itself -which is fair enough -but for the fact that it has been twice unsigned. Say what you think -say it to my face, I won't be upset and will take it as your valid opinion. Yours has as much weight as mine.

Please though have the strength of your convictions and say who you are as well as your comment. There is nohing worse than a coward - so your comments are worth less than nothing without your signature.

Mine is always signed.

Where possible - as mostly it is green - I will thank your for your interaction - otherwise am willing to have a personal chat, you will find that I am a reasonable soul.

I stand by what I say...have he courage to defend your stance and your words by signing them.
There are plenty of karma threads this isn't one of them.
On the rare occasions I give or take the stuff I don't sign it, not because I'm a coward just because there are small minded people out there that if you sign and give green for example they feel duty bound to return the damned stuff, which isn't the idea behind it at all.
If you weren't bothered you wouldn't mention it.
I love it when I get red and a nasty comment about it being in return for the red I gave them, because inevitably the scmuck is completely wrong about who gave it to them 'cos 999 out of 1000 it wasn't me.
Accrington Web
Old 13-09-2012, 08:52   #782
Resting in Peace

Quote:
On a completely different tack -I am greatly dis-heartened by the fact that twice recently on this thread I have received red karma.

Not for the fact in itself -which is fair enough -but for the fact that it has been twice unsigned. Say what you think -say it to my face, I won't be upset and will take it as your valid opinion. Yours has as much weight as mine.

Please though have the strength of your convictions and say who you are as well as your comment. There is nothing worse than a coward - so your comments are worth less than nothing without your signature.

Mine is always signed.

Where possible - as mostly it is green - I will thank your for your interaction - otherwise am willing to have a personal chat, you will find that I am a reasonable soul.

I stand by what I say...have he courage to defend your stance and your words by signing them.
Its like I used to say about unsigned letters to the press, whats the point of writing if your not prepared to put your name to it, means absolutely nothing.
Old 13-09-2012, 08:55   #783
Resting in Peace

Quote:
The fact is that most people don't need drugs to make them feel good -there are so many other things that can do this without wrecking the brain and body. Take pleasure in the simple things that modern life seems to exclude.

For example: You love making music and watching wild-life -do it and take pleasure in that and find others who like the same things -we all need contact with like-minded folk. At the end of the day that's what it's all about -not smoking or assuming in some other way something which will supress your senses and take away the things and people you care about...
Seems about right to me Di
Old 13-09-2012, 11:45   #784
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
There are plenty of karma threads this isn't one of them.
On the rare occasions I give or take the stuff I don't sign it, not because I'm a coward just because there are small minded people out there that if you sign and give green for example they feel duty bound to return the damned stuff, which isn't the idea behind it at all.
If you weren't bothered you wouldn't mention it.
I love it when I get red and a nasty comment about it being in return for the red I gave them, because inevitably the scmuck is completely wrong about who gave it to them 'cos 999 out of 1000 it wasn't me.
Ha!! So it was you then

This "small-minded scmuck" is just about to press the red button back

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 13-09-2012, 12:57   #785
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Ha!! So it was you then

I hope you're joking, hard to tell with folk that go ballistic over karma, let's move on, it ain't worth the ink we're wasting on these posts.
Old 13-09-2012, 13:23   #786
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I hope you're joking, hard to tell with folk that go ballistic over karma, let's move on, it ain't worth the ink we're wasting on these posts.
Shame, I'd just re-filled with some lovely Royal Blue Quink for the occasion

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 13-09-2012, 14:36   #787
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Shame, I'd just re-filled with some lovely Royal Blue Quink for the occasion
Try Slink.

You create one hell of a mess, until it eventually dries...but it's much more permanent, in the long-term.

Old 13-09-2012, 15:07   #788
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Try Slink.

You create one hell of a mess, until it eventually dries...but it's much more permanent, in the long-term.

Oooooh! I see what you mean...great fun, a bit like using acryllics. Sort of gets everywhere and is kind of thick and sticky

Must dashsomeone's just knocked at the door -am expecting a guest for tea. Everything's ready on the tray -we'll be having it in the garden -lovely afternoon here!

Damn have to go and wash my hand's first -this slink stuff is one hell of a mess...

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 13-09-2012, 17:45   #789
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Oooooh! I see what you mean...great fun, a bit like using acryllics. Sort of gets everywhere and is kind of thick and sticky

Must dashsomeone's just knocked at the door -am expecting a guest for tea. Everything's ready on the tray -we'll be having it in the garden -lovely afternoon here!

Damn have to go and wash my hand's first -this slink stuff is one hell of a mess...

Oh come on chaps these deep blue colours will driving Mancie to drink, thought I'd tone it down a bit
Old 13-09-2012, 17:46   #790
Senior Member+

Quote:
Ha!! So it was you then

No no! I get the Hunch it wasn't Less - what happened to your psychic powers Di
Old 13-09-2012, 20:44   #791
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
No no! I get the Hunch it wasn't Less - what happened to your psychic powers Di
No -mine was pure sarcasm!

Less would never have written what was in that message - I have no doubt about that.

If it was just for me...maybe

By the way - it is not a witch hunt. What goes around comes around - twice-fold

~ D. H. Lawrence

Last edited by mobertol; 13-09-2012 at 20:50.
Old 13-09-2012, 21:08   #792
Give, give, give member

Quote:
By the way - it is not a witch hunt.
Perhaps the silly hunt's not a very good speller.

Old 13-09-2012, 22:43   #793
Senior Member+

Quote:
No -mine was pure sarcasm!

Less would never have written what was in that message - I have no doubt about that.

If it was just for me...maybe

By the way - it is not a witch hunt. What goes around comes around - twice-fold
I never said it was a witch hunt! So I don't know what on earth Garinda is talking about? Perhaps he's on drugs again?
Old 14-09-2012, 06:12   #794
Give, give, give member

Quote:

Or, suffering from low self-esteem, having a dirty protest as a way of drawing attention, by covering themselves in crap of their own making.

Old 14-09-2012, 07:31   #795
God Member

Quote:

Aha! Had not considered him at all. Your suggestion might just be correct now I come to think about it -it all starts to fall into place.

I was thinking of having the message analysed by the top hand-writing experts in MI5 (you know I have my contacts there...) -but on your suggestion certain things now jump out at me: the only capital letter used was in your name, which was not at the beginning of the phrase -does this mean someone who nurses a conflicting secret admiration and esteem for you

Better and better - the profile begins to fit. The rant did show some vestigial humour and intelligence, if hidden under years of rhetoric...

I leave you to draw your final Honclusion - I am fairly satisfied that your intuition is Horrect - I seem to be developing an aversion to words which begin with a C -most strange

Just to keep on thread -recreational drugs have ruined many a decent family...they cause more misery across the board than the short lived pleasure they may seem to give to some.

~ D. H. Lawrence
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..