Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'?
No. 24 77.42%
Yes. 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-09-2012, 07:34   #796
God Member

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
I never said it was a witch hunt! So I don't know what on earth Garinda is talking about? Perhaps he's on drugs again?
Don't take on so K - you couldn't possibly understand, it was a coded message for me...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Accrington Web
Old 14-09-2012, 08:21   #797
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Don't take on so K - you couldn't possibly understand, it was a coded message for me...
An inside joke? Where is this coded message? Has it been posted on this thread?

If not why are you talking about it?
Old 14-09-2012, 08:52   #798
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
An inside joke? Where is this coded message? Has it been posted on this thread?

If not why are you talking about it?
Its a need to know basis and obviously you don't need to know
Old 14-09-2012, 09:11   #799
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
31 votes, out of how many members? And that is a vast majority, is it
Granted 77 percent voted no, but that's of who voted, not of accywebers
Tell you what, if you can get twenty four members of this forum, who have previously posted that they don't want recreational drugs made legal, and because of the compelling arguments put forward by the pro-dopes on Accy Web, to make a subsequent post that they've now changed their mind about decriminalisation, I'll happily donate £100 to the Maunday Grange.

I'd just better add, I won't be one of them.

Good luck.

Old 14-09-2012, 09:18   #800
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Tell you what, if you can get twenty four members of this forum, who have previously posted that they don't want recreational drugs made legal, and because of the compelling arguments put forward by the pro-dopes on Accy Web, to make a subsequent post that they've now changed their mind about decriminalisation, I'll happily donate £100 to the Maunday Grange.

I'd just better add, I won't be one of them.

Good luck.

I wonder how much it would cost to change my name to Maunday Grange by deed Poll?
Old 14-09-2012, 09:23   #801
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I wonder how much it would cost to change my name to Maunday Grange by deed Poll?
See?

Who needs chemicals to bring on hysteria?

Old 14-09-2012, 13:39   #802

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
So we should just let people do whatever they want so long as its their choice, if there wasn't a ban on drugs such as heroin and cocaine, you think life would just go on as it is, but who ends up picking up the tab, its bad enough even when its illegal never mind, just wonder if you had kids whether you would be giving them the weekly allowance in £10 or £20 raps of cocaine
I think I have said that yes, people should be able to do pretty much what they like providing it doesn't harm anyone else or infringe on their lives. I have also stated that if drugs were not illegal it would possibly lead to less use not more due to young people being drawn to that which is illegal out of rebellion.
Old 14-09-2012, 13:48   #803

Quote:
No.

Checked.

Just a whole load of runny stuff there.

Nothing of substance.

No big lumps, needing atention.
Yet another nonsense post. You talk of substance, try it, you might even get to like it.
Old 14-09-2012, 13:51   #804
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houseboy View Post
I think I have said that yes, people should be able to do pretty much what they like providing it doesn't harm anyone else or infringe on their lives.

Quote:

Do we then make everything dangerous illegal?

Let's see:

bad driving

It is a lifestyle choice

What planet are you from?

I'm glad I don't have to use the roads there.

Old 14-09-2012, 13:57   #805

Quote:
that.

As it states in post one, this poll was started to illustrate to those who aren't too bright, that the vast majority of Accy Webbers don't want recreational drugs legalised.

So you started a thread to get reassurance of your own beliefs? That seems about right for you.
Old 14-09-2012, 13:58   #806
Give, give, give member

Carry on.

Keep this thread active, if you insist.

It's perfectly clear that the vast majority of people on this forum don't want the law changed regarding recreational drugs.

Every time another pro-dope insists on drawing attention to their stupidity, the more evidence they provide to others that taking this crap for pleasure, really isn't that good an idea.

Old 14-09-2012, 14:02   #807

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Agree with much of what you say here, Anne, but how can you legalise substances which impair people's judgement. How would you regulate driving licences for example - if someone was a "user" of something that was legalised could you let them drive their own car or a works vehicle -what if they had an accident because their senses were impaired...if they wer driving a school bus -how would you proceed in the case of the death of a young passenger, or if they smashed into a car at high speed carrying 2 young parents whose children are now orphaned? This happened here in Cremona on Sunday evening -thank-god the grand-parents offered to keep the children that evening and let the parents have a (last) night out alone...
Alcohol is perfectly legal. Doesn't that impair judgement? But there are laws against driving under the influence.
Old 14-09-2012, 14:08   #808
Give, give, give member

Quote:
So you started a thread to get reassurance of your own beliefs?
Er...no.

If you didn't sadly suffer from crippling lethargy, and were actually able to read the very post, you'd have seen that this thread was started to clearly illustrate just how little support there is here, when the question about legalising drugs for recreation was first asked in a thread, started by another dope.

Old 14-09-2012, 14:12   #809

Quote:

What planet are you from?

I'm glad I don't have to use the roads there.
I do wish you would actually make a point occasionally. If you're going to criticise try coming up with an argument. Of course you won't do that because it seems your only way to put across any kind of point is to rubbish others. It's very easy, as you have obviously discovered over the years, to destroy but far more difficult to build.
Anyone who has to start an argument just to reinforce his own beliefs must have very weak beliefs.
Old 14-09-2012, 14:17   #810
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Alcohol is perfectly legal. Doesn't that impair judgement? But there are laws against driving under the influence.
That's been addressed umpteen times already.

If you're not able, ask a responsible adult to read out loud to you, what's already been said.

You aren't the first of the pro-dope minority here, to mention things already discussed, but didn't have the energy to read.

Thanks to adding yet more evidence, about the long-term effects of taking illegal narcotics for fun, on users.

Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..