Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'?
No. 24 77.42%
Yes. 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-03-2012, 18:40   #46
Resting in Peace

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrighty View Post
You can not put cannabis in the same bracket as heroin or coke!!

Cannabis has zero deaths

Alcohol is far more dangerous & the stats prove that

Ban the booze I say
Its a guarantee, that all heroine and cocaine users started on Cannabis
Old 15-03-2012, 19:03   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Its a guarantee, that all heroine and cocaine users started on Cannabis

No they probably started with alcohol and tobaco then smoked cannabis
Old 15-03-2012, 19:10   #48
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommiasfc View Post
No they probably started with alcohol and tobaco then smoked cannabis
Well they sure as hell didn't start on Heroine or cocaine, which old strengthens the argument not to legalise cannabis
Old 15-03-2012, 19:26   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well they sure as hell didn't start on Heroine or cocaine, which old strengthens the argument not to legalise cannabis
Im not for legalising drugs it would be ridiculous but im for taking drugs were found and helping addicts not throwing them in jail as that does not help otherwise the war on drugs would have come to an end but its never going to look up portugal drug laws
Old 15-03-2012, 19:27   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
It has been known for thousands of years that the world is round, at the time you are talking about, it was dangerous to mention the Earth went around the Sun.
That could have you in trouble with the religious leaders.
Well the thinkers may have thought it was round, I know the Greeks 350 BC thought it was a sphere. But around 15th century, most common folks (peasants) thought it was flat. Christopher Columbus's sailors were afraid they would sail of the edge of the earth.

The point is that a lot of people who think Cannabis should remain illegal are like those who thought the earth is flat - their ideas are based on incorrect information!

Last edited by kestrelx; 15-03-2012 at 19:35.
Old 15-03-2012, 19:45   #51
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Well the thinkers may have thought it was round, I know the Greeks 350 BC thought it was a sphere. But around 15th century, most common folks (peasants) thought it was flat. Christopher Columbus's sailors were afraid they would sail of the edge of the earth.

The point is that a lot of people who think Cannabis should remain illegal are like those who thought the earth is flat - their ideas are based on incorrect information!
Firstly the Earth is a Oblate Spheroid.

I disagree, I would like to think that as a professional Aviator who at any time has many lives in his hands, I take a reasoned and open minded approach to what I read and see.

I am against legalising any of the current batches illegal drugs. I have read scientific journals and papers and read this and other threads with interest.
If some one wants to abuse themselves that is up to them and I can see a arguement for regulating drugs, in order to give the Tax man a cut. However I could not see this being a solution, mainly because we cannot stop drug lords and organised crime from bringing supplies into the country and then selling them on the black market, after all they would not just roll over and give up their money supply.

We have no test available to easily see if some one is stoned on pot, unlike the breatherzer there is no simple roadside test, this is a problem in its own right.
I have not seen or read anything on this forum to make me reconsider my view.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Old 15-03-2012, 20:34   #52
Senior Member+

To completely wipe out and stop cannabis use would cause serious misery to a lot of people who want to take this drug!

Because of the law - criminals have brought in a type of Cannabis called SKUNK! This is grown in doors in cannabis farms and because it is forced to grow fast there is an inbalance of the natural chemicals in the plant this imbalance makes the SKUNK 20 - 30 times stronger than naturally grown Cannabis! THIS HAPPENS BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL! The chemical that is linked to mental illness is THC and the levels of this chemical in SKUNK is much higher than the chemical CBD which has the opposite effect!

IT SHOULD BE LEGALISED AND REGULATED AND THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD ISSUE LICENSES TO GROWERS IT SHOULD BE LABELLED BY STRENGTH AND SOLD IN SHOPS! THIS WOULD BE SAFER THAN TRYING TO DESTROY AND TOTALLY STOP CANNABIS USE!

Last edited by kestrelx; 15-03-2012 at 20:36.
Old 15-03-2012, 20:39   #53
JFT96

You cannot eradicate drug abuse.
You should know that.
Te problem is Organised Crime make a lot of money off drugs, they would not stop. As I already said. Quite reasonably

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Old 15-03-2012, 20:46   #54
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
You cannot eradicate drug abuse.
You should know that.
Te problem is Organised Crime make a lot of money off drugs, they would not stop. As I already said. Quite reasonably
Yes this is the issue - you can't eradicate it which means that the quality of drugs that a lot get are often cut with impurities and it is the impurities that cause harm!

Tobacco and booze are drugs that can lead to other illegal drugs!

Organised Crime make money from all sorts of legal things - decriminlising cannabis and having it marked up with strength and quality control will be better for all concerned!
Old 15-03-2012, 20:47   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommiasfc View Post
Im not for legalising drugs it would be ridiculous but im for taking drugs were found and helping addicts not throwing them in jail as that does not help otherwise the war on drugs would have come to an end but its never going to look up portugal drug laws
How many times do we help drug addicts who commit crime? Once,twice, a hundred times what about the three strike system where the addicts get three chances to prove themselves as clean and sober and making a positive contribution to society.If after these three strikes they prove themselves to be incapable of staying off drugs then the authorities then lock them up and throw away the key or they could euthanize them, if they where really serious about ridding our country of this blight.
Old 15-03-2012, 20:52   #56
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
The majority of Christopher Columbus's men weren't sailors, they had been taken from the prisons to man the ship's.
Educated people of the time, knew the world wasn't flat.
Education wasn't given to the masses back then, but to compare a discussion about legalising
Drugs with the ignorance of the peasants seems a touch desperate and to show you clutching at straws somewhat, in an attempt to make your point, (whatever that point may be, it seems lost in your ramblings and links).
Old 15-03-2012, 20:53   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
How many times do we help drug addicts who commit crime? Once,twice, a hundred times what about the three strike system where the addicts get three chances to prove themselves as clean and sober and making a positive contribution to society.If after these three strikes they prove themselves to be incapable of staying off drugs then the authorities then lock them up and throw away the key or they could euthanize them, if they where really serious about ridding our country of this blight.
Might be onto something there my argument is that if someone is an addict and is thrown in jail thats not doing anthing to help and when they come out they are gonna be surrounded by the people who take drugs and fall into a vicious circle
Old 15-03-2012, 20:56   #58
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
To completely wipe out and stop cannabis use would cause serious misery to a lot of people who want to take this drug!

Because of the law - criminals have brought in a type of Cannabis called SKUNK! This is grown in doors in cannabis farms and because it is forced to grow fast there is an inbalance of the natural chemicals in the plant this imbalance makes the SKUNK 20 - 30 times stronger than naturally grown Cannabis! THIS HAPPENS BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL! The chemical that is linked to mental illness is THC and the levels of this chemical in SKUNK is much higher than the chemical CBD which has the opposite effect!

IT SHOULD BE LEGALISED AND REGULATED AND THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD ISSUE LICENSES TO GROWERS IT SHOULD BE LABELLED BY STRENGTH AND SOLD IN SHOPS! THIS WOULD BE SAFER THAN TRYING TO DESTROY AND TOTALLY STOP CANNABIS USE!
Having problems with your caps lock?

Or just having problems?
Old 16-03-2012, 06:41   #59
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrighty View Post
You can not put cannabis in the same bracket as heroin or coke!!

Cannabis has zero deaths
Er i think your wrong

First person in Britain to die directly from cannabis poisoning?
Old 16-03-2012, 09:12   #60
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Having problems with your caps lock?

Or just having problems?
Typical people like you, ignoring the message and taking cheap shots!

Making Cannabis illegal has opened the door for criminals to manufacture SKUNK - which is speed grown cannabis and it has been established this upsets the normal chemical balance in the plant - which makes it more dangerous! So it's making it illegal that is causing all the problems that people like you are so happy to keep going on about!

If cannabis wasn't illegal then SKUNK would not have been invented! OR ARE YOU A BIT DUM TO UNDERSTAND?
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..