Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'?
No. 24 77.42%
Yes. 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2012, 11:45   #211
God Member

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
You cant hold a discussion if one side of the discussion will not entertain the possibility of the other side having a point, all you have are rantings.

This is a point made clear by some of the posts we have on here.
From a neutral observer's viewpoint BOTH sides ranted.

Accrington Web
Old 04-05-2012, 11:58   #212
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
so because some childrens TV presenters in the dim and distant past did it...it's Ok?

Did you read the other article during the week where a young woman( who had been a long term user of cannabis) committed suicide? Still, perhaps you do not consider her death to be attributable to the cannabis...or the fact that her mental health had been affected by this substance.
I'm sure her family would find your comments very enlightening.
Im sure you could say that about a lot of substances, legal or illegal.

I would not blame cannabis for this, and I cant see how you can say it is to blame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
You cant hold a discussion if one side of the discussion will not entertain the possibility of the other side having a point, all you have are rantings.

This is a point made clear by some of the posts we have on here.
Yes your right, as Margaret says from both sides.
Old 04-05-2012, 13:47   #213
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
I would not blame cannabis for this, and I cant see how you can say it is to blame.
It was not me saying that cannabis was to blame...it was what her family were saying. They were concerned that her long term use of this illegal substance had created mental health problems for her.

Personally, I haven't been one for doing something because it is what everybody else is doing.
I have my own mind, my own ideas.......I do not need others to influence me. I do not want to be 'like' someone else.
Old 04-05-2012, 17:07   #214
Senior Member+

They haven't proven yet that cannabis is linked to mental illness. But it is something they are theorizing and suggesting all the time.

Going back onto awareness. I read(and also was told) that some cannabis resin (aka soapbar) actually has Largactil added to it. Margaret, if this is true you can only imagine the damage it could cause to the mind
Old 04-05-2012, 17:36   #215
Senior Member+

List of chemicals and stuff that have been found inside ''soapbar''

beeswax, boot polish, animal turds, turpentine, henna, ground coffee, milk powder, pine resin, barbiturates, ketamine, aspirin, glues & dyes, Carcinogenic solvents such as Toluene and Benzene and many other unidentified and possibly DEADLY chemicals.
Old 04-05-2012, 17:50   #216
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
List of chemicals and stuff that have been found inside ''soapbar''

beeswax, boot polish, animal turds, turpentine, henna, ground coffee, milk powder, pine resin, barbiturates, ketamine, aspirin, glues & dyes, Carcinogenic solvents such as Toluene and Benzene and many other unidentified and possibly DEADLY chemicals.
Ya that's a good enough reason for not washing Restless
Old 04-05-2012, 18:00   #217
Senior Member+

hehe

joking aside. Back when I used to smoke it there was a lot of this stuff about. Its frightening to think of what I could've been smoking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya that's a good enough reason for not washing Restless
Old 04-05-2012, 23:06   #218

Does that make it ok?
I can only go from my own experiences and as far as I'm concerned cannabis and other illegal drugs including mephedrone - or bubble - do far more harm than good. I can't really say anything else about it, there really isn't much to advocate for legalising illegal substances in my opinion.
If anyone can evidence that drug use is beneficial to either individuals or to society, I'd like to hear it.
Old 04-05-2012, 23:08   #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Apparently 70's kids show presenters of "Playschool" smoked cannabis and were under the influence of cannabis during the show and the drug was used often in the BBC Studios!

http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/play-school-p...-round-up.html

Did it do these people any harm?
Sorry forgot to quote -
Does that make it ok?
I can only go from my own experiences and as far as I'm concerned cannabis and other illegal drugs including mephedrone - or bubble - do far more harm than good. I can't really say anything else about it, there really isn't much to advocate for legalising illegal substances in my opinion.
If anyone can evidence that drug use is beneficial to either individuals or to society, I'd like to hear it.
Old 04-05-2012, 23:24   #220
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
I do wish you hadn't said that, he'll start a brand new thread about it now...

and it will be all your fault.
Old 04-05-2012, 23:30   #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I do wish you hadn't said that, he'll start a brand new thread about it now...

and it will be all your fault.
I know, sorry couldn't help myself! It really will be all my fault and I take responsibility for it - damn!!!
Old 05-05-2012, 06:28   #222
Beacon of light

Don't worry Anne, you and I can stand in the dock together accused of asking that question....I asked it in post 207.

I don't quite understand the mentality of people who want to do something because someone/everybody else is doing it.......as Ma used to say 'If they jumped in the fire - would you do it too?' A very juvenile bit of reasoning.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:46   #223
God Member

Here'e a few Canucks who would probably vote "yes" in this poll if they knew about it:

Marijuana marchers take to the streets - Toronto - CBC News
Old 06-05-2012, 15:02   #224
God Member

it may have been metioned already but amsterdam has tightened up use of canabis so non nationals will no longer be able to smoke canabis legaly in amsterdam.If they are toughening up i cant see our government relaxing on the issue.

another thing about this is that by banning other EU members and still allowing home nationals to smoke it legaly it would seem amsterdam /netherlands are breaking EU rules so yet another country sticking their fingers up at the EU while the UK follows the laws to the letter.

Meanwhile on the other side of the globe canada are relaxing laws and making it a prescription drug like some do in america.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 06-05-2012, 15:06   #225
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
it may have been metioned already but amsterdam has tightened up use of canabis so non nationals will no longer be able to smoke canabis legaly in amsterdam.If they are toughening up i cant see our government relaxing on the issue.

another thing about this is that by banning other EU members and still allowing home nationals to smoke it legaly it would seem amsterdam /netherlands are breaking EU rules so yet another country sticking their fingers up at the EU while the UK follows the laws to the letter.

Meanwhile on the other side of the globe canada are relaxing laws and making it a prescription drug like some do in america.
What? You can't get marijuana on prescription in the UK?
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..