Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-03-2012, 20:18   #16
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
re: Not Happy - Plants Stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Often these same people are the ones who have "success" in life and drive around in Ferraris!
Great, until some toerag lifts it, what goes around comes around.
Old 24-03-2012, 20:19   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

I really would get some Japanese knotweed cuttings planted up.

Nice little pots, in a tray, even with misleading labels in the pots.

What they think they've got for 'free', could cost them thousands, if they are that stupid, as well as being dishonest gits.

Wonderfully wicked -think you should start courses for us poor mortals in "RETRIBUTION"

Make sure you charge plenty, make it pay all round.

Revenge should be served up cold....

(" La vendetta é un piatto che va servita fredda")

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 20:21   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Great, until some toerag lifts it, what goes around comes around.
They have another great saying in Italy: no-one ever nicks anything from a thief -probably translates to something like honour among thieves

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 21:02   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob249 View Post
It wont be a milkman as our house is halfway up the back alley and couldnt have seen and the same goes for postman, like i said my suspicion is its some walking there dog that has seen them as the backs back onto each other either way il not find out.I will just be more guarded next time.
you will know who it is by the new display of violas.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2012, 10:05   #20
Resting in Peace

Re: Not Happy - Plants Stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
They have another great saying in Italy: no-one ever nicks anything from a thief -probably translates to something like honour among thieves
Don't think its honour Di, its more a matter of taking from the wrong people, can you imagine somebody thieving from the Krays,no me neither
Old 26-03-2012, 10:25   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Not sure which is worse, having things nicked or having things dumped. WE live on a quiet private road and people are always dumping things here - TVs, fridges, lumps of concrete and full bin bags etc. The trouble is because it's a private road it doesn't count as fly tipping and the council won't come and remove it.

Don't know why people dump these things just leave them outside and they will have them away for you

Last edited by Neil; 30-03-2012 at 12:09.
LYNX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 19:08   #22

Not having much luck with the garden at the moment seem like some people think its fun to pull my daffodil heads off out the front.
Rob249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 19:15   #23
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Not having much luck with the garden at the moment seem like some people think its fun to pull my daffodil heads off out the front.
I've got two pots of daffs in containers attached to my front fence. The other day I found several had been neatly cut off about three inches above the soil, with their leaves - just enough to fill a small vase or make a posy for Mother's Day. Someone must have come come prepared with a pair of scissors or a knife - or perhaps they always carry one, wouldn't put it past the people round here.
Old 29-03-2012, 19:16   #24
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNX1 View Post
Don't know why people dump these things just leave them outside and they will have them away for you
No, often it's them who do the dumping after they've extracted the useful bits.

Query: the word I wanted to put (the correct spelling of the term Lynx used) was replaced by a row of asterisks - which Neil tells me aren't allowed on here! So what would have happened if I'd left them? I didn't, I replaced them with the word "them". Didn't realise the word was considered to be that offensive.

Last edited by Neil; 30-03-2012 at 12:09.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 19:23   #25
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
A most frustrating thing to have happen, I've had toddlers nip in and take a few flowers for their mums in the past, that can be tolerated they weren't being nasty, but when folk deliberatly vandalise your efforts that is too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNX1 View Post
Don't know why people dump these things just leave them outside and the pickeys will have them away for you
Strangely, my washing machine went terminal on Monday, I put it out in the back yard with the gate open, usually such things vanish within hours, nope this week they must be on holiday, I've still got it.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 20:01   #26
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Query: the word I wanted to put (the correct spelling of the term Lynx used) was replaced by a row of asterisks - Didn't realise the word was considered to be that offensive.
www.accringtonweb.com/forum/889309-post17.html

There you go Sue. Personally I don't think it's that bad but it is deemed so on this forum & that's the long & short of it really.
Old 29-03-2012, 20:18   #27
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
www.accringtonweb.com/forum/889309-post17.html

There you go Sue. Personally I don't think it's that bad but it is deemed so on this forum & that's the long & short of it really.
Thanks Dave, fair enough - but why was it replaced by a row of asterisks when they're not allowed either?
Old 30-03-2012, 12:14   #28
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Query: the word I wanted to put (the correct spelling of the term Lynx used) was replaced by a row of asterisks - which Neil tells me aren't allowed on here! So what would have happened if I'd left them? I didn't, I replaced them with the word "them". Didn't realise the word was considered to be that offensive.
The link above posted by Dave explains why we don't allow it. I have removed the word in the above posts.
I would have done it yesterday but was busy changing all 4 brake discs, pads, rear brake caliper and rear suspension springs on my car

Life gets in the way sometimes
Old 30-03-2012, 17:40   #29
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
The link above posted by Dave explains why we don't allow it. I have removed the word in the above posts.
I would have done it yesterday but was busy changing all 4 brake discs, pads, rear brake caliper and rear suspension springs on my car

Life gets in the way sometimes
Oh come on Neil life as no right too
Old 30-03-2012, 18:32   #30
Senior Member+

My daughter saw an old fella filling a carrier bag from one of the planters in the town centre the other sunday, calm as you like, soil and all!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..