Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2012, 22:17   #16
I am Banned

Re: Annual Cost of things

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
The top lot comes to - £7,715,000

For the Care - £11,673,000

(source some stuff that came with my CT bill).

£31,980 Per adult, per year, does this seem expensive? or am I missing something?
maybe you should pay your CT bill with a promissory note on loo roll Mr D....money is nothing more than a belief lol
AccyChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-05-2012, 22:30   #17
Senior Member+

So you are posting here by pure free spirit magic(not your PAID internet connection)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyChris View Post
maybe you should pay your CT bill with a promissory note on loo roll Mr D....money is nothing more than a belief lol
Old 03-05-2012, 22:45   #18
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
So you are posting here by pure free spirit magic(not your PAID internet connection)
lol paid via promissory contract
Old 03-05-2012, 23:31   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
We can all be a freeman like yourself.

Some of us do have to live in the real world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I'm still not sure what the payments are for I could have gotten the information from Mr. Google. Damned funny those perfect tenses, eh ... especially for the irregular verbs. Seems to me that, in many cases, Lancashire dialect is closer to "correct" English than is contemporary usage. I'll have to think about that ... either do some research, or have a beer. Think I'll go for the beer.
Its not clear what the payments are for. Mr Google doesn't help either.

I was just shocked at the price.
Old 04-05-2012, 00:01   #20
God Member

Well maybe a bit boring but here we go.. this governments prediction for growth of the economy in 2010 was around 2.5%.. actual growth was 0.3%.. the governments prediction for growth for 2011 3.5%.. growth was 0.1%...lastest is another drop to around 0.3% and this means back into recession that only the top earners even noticed we had come out of.. this mob and the Bank of England have been making up numbers and targets that shows they are a disgrace when it comes to running the economy ...why do we rely on market forces and exchange rates?.. is it not time to take a more postive view and build affordable housing along with an all out real effort to increase employment ?..

Last edited by Mancie; 04-05-2012 at 00:07.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:02   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Well maybe a bit boring but here we go.. this governments prediction for growth of the economy in 2010 was around 2.5%.. actual growth was 0.3%.. the governments prediction for growth for 2011 3.5%.. growth was 0.1%...lastest is another drop to around 0.3% and this means back into recession that only the top earners even noticed we had come out of.. this mob and the Bank of England have been making up numbers and targets that shows they are a disgrace when it comes to running the economy ...why do we rely on market forces and exchange rates?.. is it not time to take a more postive view and build affordable housing along with an all out real effort to increase employment ?..
I presume that you don't see any possibility of positive change under a tory government ... they are acting strictly according to their out-of-date, threadbare ideology. It isn't the time to slash and burn. Even a C grade economics student knows that a consumer economy cannot be successful without fully employed consumers earning a decent wage. Exporting jobs instead of manufactured goods ... doesn't work. Tories hate the poor ... on the other hand, they run an economy in such a way that the number of poor increases. It sometimes seems that the tories are down on the poor because the poor didn't have the foresight to be born with money.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:22   #22
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
We can all be a freeman like yourself.

Some of us do have to live in the real world.

Its not clear what the payments are for. Mr Google doesn't help either.

I was just shocked at the price.
paying it using a Pnote on loo roll is just playing the money system maybe you should all be freemen/freewomen Mr D .
even tho my ranting at times prob sounds like i am a FMOTL i hav'nt reached that status... i still get shafted everyday in the REAL world......what i was saying is it does'nt Sound like your enjoying the REAL world much so why not get some fun out your CT bill or is it a case of it's expensive but its ok since after all EVERYTHINGS OK
Old 04-05-2012, 12:03   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
paying it using a Pnote on loo roll is just playing the money system maybe you should all be freemen/freewomen Mr D .
even tho my ranting at times prob sounds like i am a FMOTL i hav'nt reached that status... i still get shafted everyday in the REAL world......what i was saying is it does'nt Sound like your enjoying the REAL world much so why not get some fun out your CT bill or is it a case of it's expensive but its ok since after all EVERYTHINGS OK
I enjoy the real world, I dont want to have any fun with my CT I cant see how I could have fun with it (Unless I threw it at someone)?

One day Chris, when you have become a man you will understand the debts of life.
Old 04-05-2012, 16:49   #24
I am Banned

lol ok throw it at the folk that sent it you
are you trying to say i'm female?...a child perhaps?
what do i do to become a man? take on debts an work myself into a grave trying to keep up payments? maybe just get a CT bill?
i fully comprehend the debts of life just choose to ignore there demands
Old 05-05-2012, 06:33   #25
Beacon of light

Quote:
lol ok throw it at the folk that sent it you
are you trying to say i'm female?...a child perhaps?
what do i do to become a man? take on debts an work myself into a grave trying to keep up payments? maybe just get a CT bill?
i fully comprehend the debts of life just choose to ignore there demands

And perhaps expect everyone else to pay your share.

The services you may rely on are paid for by the Council tax.......so by you not taking responsibility for yours means that a heavier burden falls on those other who do pay.
If what you say is true, you are leeching from the society that you live in.
Taking a free ride at the expense of others. You should be ashamed of yourself(but you obviously aren't) because you are hiding behind the FM cr@p.
The smilies do not mitigate your response.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:07   #26
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
And perhaps expect everyone else to pay your share.

The services you may rely on are paid for by the Council tax.......so by you not taking responsibility for yours means that a heavier burden falls on those other who do pay.
If what you say is true, you are leeching from the society that you live in.
Taking a free ride at the expense of others. You should be ashamed of yourself(but you obviously aren't) because you are hiding behind the FM cr@p.
The smilies do not mitigate your response.
OK MARGRET

i can tell from your response that you are yet another payer of old CT bill.
if you believe taxes are lawful they are not( my mind boggles at the implications )
so im not a leech as you say i am im infact a lawful being
for which i am not ashamed the only thing i am ashamed of is that theres folk like you in society who still believe its tax paying cr@p

smiles all round
Old 05-05-2012, 13:21   #27
Beacon of light

Quote:
OK MARGRET

i can tell from your response that you are yet another payer of old CT bill.
if you believe taxes are lawful they are not( my mind boggles at the implications )
so im not a leech as you say i am im infact a lawful being
for which i am not ashamed the only thing i am ashamed of is that theres folk like you in society who still believe its tax paying cr@p

smiles all round
Don't insult me by adding smilies to your post.

No you aren't, you are a leech...if you make use of service for which you have made no contribution.
I would assume that you have electricity(which no doubt you pay for) and perhaps gas.......you must consume food and so you muth create rubbish...which the refuse collectors take away(paid for by my CT)....you must have water..do you pay your water bills? Do you work?

You wish to live by some centuries old statutes, but yet we live in modern times. In case you hadn't noticed things have moved on.

If you truly want to be a FM then may I suggest that you take yourself off to some unpopulated Hebridean island, and live your medievel existence there........no electricity, no water other than what you can carry from the nearest stream.......you could grow your own cannabis and smoke it until your brains bleed...and no-one would be there to prosecute you.......You could live a happy life knowing that you aren't being screwed by modern taxes(you would also be freed from the great burden of the promissory note)......we would also be very happy for you as we would no longer have to read the drivel that you post.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 05-05-2012 at 13:24.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 13:44   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Don't insult me by adding smilies to your post.

No you aren't, you are a leech...if you make use of service for which you have made no contribution.
I would assume that you have electricity(which no doubt you pay for) and perhaps gas.......you must consume food and so you muth create rubbish...which the refuse collectors take away(paid for by my CT)....you must have water..do you pay your water bills? Do you work?

You wish to live by some centuries old statutes, but yet we live in modern times. In case you hadn't noticed things have moved on.

If you truly want to be a FM then may I suggest that you take yourself off to some unpopulated Hebridean island, and live your medievel existence there........no electricity, no water other than what you can carry from the nearest stream.......you could grow your own cannabis and smoke it until your brains bleed...and no-one would be there to prosecute you.......You could live a happy life knowing that you aren't being screwed by modern taxes(you would also be freed from the great burden of the promissory note)......we would also be very happy for you as we would no longer have to read the drivel that you post.
Margaret don't fuel this guy/Gals ego, just ignore him/her and they'll go way, and it makes better reading when you come on here anyway
Old 06-05-2012, 10:18   #29
Senior Member+

Well said Jaysay
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:31   #30
Resting In Peace

Well I see that my posts upbraiding Accychris for his grammar and for not using Margaret Pilkington's correct name, plus the comments of others on those posts, have been deleted. I protest that perfectly polite posts have been removed when illiterate rantings have been allowed to remain.

Last edited by susie123; 06-05-2012 at 10:33.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..