Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-06-2012, 22:03   #16

Re: Accrington, USA

Ooh, well done Garinda, for some reason I'm finding this strangely exciting and looking forward to a response from our American counterparts!
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-06-2012, 22:34   #17
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
What, for sixty thousand dollars? It's not dissimilar to the two houses I lived when I was in Chapel Hill. And it is in the suburbs...

accrington court charlotte - Google Maps
I know, I forget prices have increased in the former colonies.

I'd expect to buy the Governor's Mansion for 600 guineas.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2012, 22:38   #18
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
Ooh, well done Garinda, for some reason I'm finding this strangely exciting and looking forward to a response from our American counterparts!
I'm seeing pen-pals.

Holidays.

Romance.

A green card.

Old 18-06-2012, 23:44   #19
God Member

Seems they also do a fine line in hard wearing metal benches..they don't look to comfy but maybe Accy could swap them for those missing from outside the market hall..

Last edited by Mancie; 18-06-2012 at 23:54.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2012, 05:47   #20
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Seems they also do a fine line in hard wearing metal benches..they don't look to comfy but maybe Accy could swap them for those missing from outside the market hall..
Yes, thank you for bring that up.

As one of the few dwindling people who still shop in Accy, I was talking to a group of pensioners who were looking for somewhere to sit outside the Market Hall, last Saturday.

One of them brought up the story that the council wanted that area to be some sort of European style piazza, bringing cafe culture to Accrington.

Perhaps the piazza they had in mind was in some bleak, eastern European communist country, without anywhere at all, for those who might be glad of a seat, to park their arse.

Old 19-06-2012, 08:06   #21
Senior Member+

I want to know how it is that Charl;otte has an Accrtington Court. I don't want to duplicate any request, so has anyone else enquired from their library or town hall?
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2012, 08:48   #22
Resting In Peace

Thank you Garinda for posting to the Charlotte forum. I see you have already had a reply.

I have registered with the forum now, it wouldn't let me be Susie or Sunflower, so I am... Morecambe!

Pity we don't have a Charlotte street in Accy - there could have been house swaps!
Old 19-06-2012, 08:55   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Thank you Garinda for posting to the Charlotte forum. I see you have already had a reply.

I have registered with the forum now, it wouldn't let me be Susie or Sunflower, so I am... Morecambe!

Pity we don't have a Charlotte street in Accy - there could have been house swaps!
I'm very sad that you will probably not be spending as much time on AccyWeb now you've found our American counterparts susie
Old 19-06-2012, 09:14   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Sod all to do wi Accrington Court, But Susies thread reminded me of a old James Taylor classic, Which i got by this lady, So Ta Susie.
Old 19-06-2012, 09:16   #25
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I'm very sad that you will probably not be spending as much time on AccyWeb now you've found our American counterparts susie
That's very sweet of you John - but I don't think that Charlotte Web will detain me very long each day, if at all...

Charlotte Web... isn't that a children's book about a spider?

Charlotte's Web - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 19-06-2012, 09:37   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Sod all to do wi Accrington Court, But Susies thread reminded me of a old James Taylor classic, Which i got by this lady, So Ta Susie.
Nout wrong with that lady cashy
Old 19-06-2012, 09:39   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
That's very sweet of you John - but I don't think that Charlotte Web will detain me very long each day, if at all...

Charlotte Web... isn't that a children's book about a spider?

Charlotte's Web - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Don't know I have arachnophobia and haven't looked
Old 19-06-2012, 12:52   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
I want to know how it is that Charl;otte has an Accrtington Court. I don't want to duplicate any request, so has anyone else enquired from their library or town hall?
I have just spoken to an ex-girlfriend who happens to work at Charlotte Town Hall. Apparently, Accrington Court is on a Spanish themed estate and the surrounding roads have names such as Santa Cruz Trail and Santa Maria Drive. Accrington Court was originally going to be called El Dorado but they couldn't agree on the spelling so they settled on Accy as someone had told them it's a place where the streets are also paved with gold.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2012, 15:14   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post

Was Charlotte as harlot?
Old 19-06-2012, 15:19   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
I have just spoken to an ex-girlfriend who happens to work at Charlotte Town Hall. Apparently, Accrington Court is on a Spanish themed estate and the surrounding roads have names such as Santa Cruz Trail and Santa Maria Drive. Accrington Court was originally going to be called El Dorado but they couldn't agree on the spelling so they settled on Accy as someone had told them it's a place where the streets are also paved with gold.
.................................................. .........................................

That explanation gets my prize for Joke of the Year. Ive just checked the calendar - it's not 1st April. Will somebody send this to the Observer reporters, who are desparate for summat to write about. This could make the nationals and TV News. Hold the Presses!!!!!!!!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..