Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-07-2012, 06:57   #91
Senior Member+

Re: Changes To Housing Benefits

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestEnd View Post
Housing benefit used to pay me £480 for my 2 bed.

They now pay £302 :/

Do the math, it's absolutely ridiculous!
It's ridiculous if you've got no way to make up the shortfall - is that £480 per month?
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-07-2012, 07:04   #92
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Most people are offended by those who can work n choose not to. A thing yeh never stated in yer first arrogant post. You sir are full of bullshine, saying some weeks yeh earn jack poo, but at least yeh have a regular amount of free money every week, Well yeh must be a magician, cos "HOW" when yeh earn nowt? So what yeh got yer own business? its no big deal, but you seem to think it makes yeh superior, well tell yeh what, i wouldn't employ a man like you to creosote a hen coit.
Old 25-07-2012, 07:13   #93
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Most people are offended by those who can work n choose not to. A thing yeh never stated in yer first arrogant post. You sir are full of bullshine, saying some weeks yeh earn jack poo, but at least yeh have a regular amount of free money every week, Well yeh must be a magician, cos "HOW" when yeh earn nowt? So what yeh got yer own business? its no big deal, but you seem to think it makes yeh superior, well tell yeh what, i wouldn't employ a man like you to creosote a hen coit.
Who's this addressed to?
Old 25-07-2012, 07:16   #94
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Who's this addressed to?
Difficult if yeh aint following the thread,i know. post 88.
Old 25-07-2012, 08:15   #95
Senior Member+

Quote:
Difficult if yeh aint following the thread,i know. post 88.
I figured it was to that guy, but what happened to quoting?
Old 25-07-2012, 08:34   #96
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
It isn't compulsory, some of us can work it out for ourselves.

Quote:
By the way, the above quote is what I just answered I wouldn't want anyone to be confused.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2012, 09:58   #97
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Oh i must apologise, I had wrongly assumed,even our half wits would be able to follow,providing they had read the thread.
Old 25-07-2012, 10:14   #98
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duggie View Post
For those who cant find a job then perhaps you should try working for yourself but then again you probably wouldn't like having to work about 80 hours per week, working week ends,working till 9 at night, doing all your accounts, chasing money owed, the work goes on and on.

I do all that because I can't find an alternative job Having a business is not all it's cracked up to be, and it's certainly not as black and white that if you have a business you're rich. We could claim more if we gave it up.

Which do you think is better though, the ones who can't be bothered to work and play the system or the ones who are loaded and avoid the system, therefore robbing the country of taxes your average Joe pays day in day out.

This country would probably be better off if they chased the taxes avoided than the the taxes they pay out to those who can't be bothered.
Old 25-07-2012, 18:08   #99
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
need to make their minds up because last weeK on the radio it said unemployment for under 25's was up and so was the amount of school leavers not getting a job.

Lets face it every party that has been in power has fudged figures to make things look beter than what they are.
Well there's no getting away from it it fell for the last four months accyman think it was 68,000 last month, its not the government who compile the figures its the office of national statistics
Old 25-07-2012, 18:10   #100
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Why is it impossible? It said it on the BBC news mate so it's gotta be right!
Well know it didn't it said on the BBC that unemployment had fallen for the last 4 months
Old 26-07-2012, 19:24   #101

Quote:
good, I don't want to work for you
duggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2012, 20:28   #102
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duggie View Post
good, I don't want to work for you
Thats both of us happy then. yeh will go a long way in business lol
Old 28-07-2012, 12:11   #103
God Member

Working in housing myself I know the impact this is going to have on us. We have highlighted those who are under occupying and have awarded a higher priority for them to move if they so wish but also advised them what they are likely to pay if they choose not to.

There is however another option open to some people and that is to apply for a DHP (discretionary housing payment). Each council has had an extra amount given them for this pot of money due to these changes in HB. The most likely to receive this payment are:

1 - someone living in a home adapted to their needs (adaptations like stair lift, ramps, wet rooms etc)

2 - foster carers

3 - pregnant women who when the child is born will no longer be occupying

4 - some cases where the person has applied to move to a smaller property but has not been successful yet

5 - other cases based on individual circumstances

hope this helps as many have no idea about the DHP fund

Of course this will change once again when universal credit comes in as there will be no housing benefit as an allocation for rent charges will be added to the universal credit and paid direct to the tenant not the landlord!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2012, 13:07   #104
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post

Of course this will change once again when universal credit comes in as there will be no housing benefit as an allocation for rent charges will be added to the universal credit and paid direct to the tenant not the landlord!!!
That seems a backward step. Mine goes straight to the Landlord, after all it's his money.

O.K. whatever is given to me in future will be paid to my Landlord, however I can see that some won't do that, causing problems for the the whole system, how is this going to be a better way?

The responsible on benefit will still be responsible, the irresponsible will spend the money forcing the Landlord to spend money on evictions and at the end of the day more money will end up being spent re-housing folk that will continue to be irresponsible.

Last edited by Less; 28-07-2012 at 13:10.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2012, 13:25   #105
God Member

what makes it even worse is that universal credit which will include elements for housing will also be paid monthly (calendar month not four weekly)

The thought behind is quite good as it is to emulate a wage as most jobs pay monthly now so the transition for people into work budget wise will be easy

BUT in reality it is going to be a nightmare for soooo many!!!

Anyway sorry went off topic re housing benefit

wonder how many of you know the changes regarding Council tax benefit too???

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..