Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-07-2012, 20:31   #1
Senior Member+

Gun Control

Interesting to see the reaction in the US to the shootings in the cinema in Colorado.

A nutcase is able to buy four guns and 6,000 rounds of ammunition over the internet, perfectly legally and above board.

Any right minded person would immediately ask why, and how do we prevent it from happening again. But apparently not the American public. They are satisfied with the current gun laws, and the Presidential candidates would run a mile before calling for reform.

Fair enough. The victims and their families may get our sympathy, but lets not waste any sympathy whatsoever on such a sick country. Seems like they get the leaders they deserve.

We have had our gun tragedies over here, but at least we have reacted by tightening the gun laws, and apart from on a few thoroughly dodgy Council estates in Manchester and Liverpool, we are gun free.

Lets be grateful for that!
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-07-2012, 20:50   #2
Resting In Peace

Re: Gun Control

We have been here before on Accyweb... posts 43, 58 and onwards.
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...s-60943-4.html

Tightening gun laws does very little to prevent crime, it merely puts a lot of hassle in the way of those who use guns legally for sporting or business purposes.
Old 22-07-2012, 21:15   #3
God Member

The yanks are reluctant to surrender their guns because they have too many trigger happy policemen.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2012, 21:17   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Plus as they have No real history, Cowboys are the nearest thing.
Old 22-07-2012, 21:19   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
We have been here before on Accyweb... posts 43, 58 and onwards.
...and the gist of that discussion is that responsible people doing responsible things responsibly with guns should be responsibly allowed to get on responsibly with responsibly shooting rabbits or responsibly going about their day to day business responsibly. Moreover, anyone challenging their right to do so is behaving irresponsibly.

Thats fine, but I ask only one thing. Where does a crackpot booby trapping his apartment and going to a cinema and shooting 70 people with legally obtained firearms and ammunition fit into the discussion?
Old 22-07-2012, 21:20   #6
God Member

So you believe what the media have reported

Old 22-07-2012, 21:27   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
So you believe what the media have reported
Damn, Damn, it must be another conspiracy............
Old 22-07-2012, 21:32   #8
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
I ask only one thing. Where does a crackpot booby trapping his apartment and going to a cinema and shooting 70 people with legally obtained firearms and ammunition fit into the discussion?
He doesn't, neither did Derrick Bird in Cumbria nor the guy in Norway a year ago, nor the perpetrators of Hungerford or Dunblane or Columbine. There's no legislating for what goes on in people's minds.
Old 22-07-2012, 21:34   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Damn, Damn, it must be another conspiracy............
....it could be lies with a (gun control) agenda
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ies-48617.html

Nothing surprises me anymore. If I need to chuckle I watch the news.

Old 22-07-2012, 21:39   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
....it could be lies with a (gun control) agenda
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ies-48617.html

Nothing surprises me anymore.
Whilst i assume most folk are well aware of the "Tripe" Bullshine" etc given out by the media, most rational folk i reckon wouldn't question this shocking incident!!!.............The irrational ones........Well thats another thing. Everything that happens in life aint a conspiracy.
Old 22-07-2012, 21:43   #11
God Member

When different 'eye witnesses' give widely varying versions you cannot believe any.

If you weren't there, you can't ever know.

Old 22-07-2012, 21:45   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
When different 'eye witnesses' give widely varying versions you cannot believe any.

If you weren't there, you can't ever know.
yeh will always get that wi any tragedy, its called Shock.
Old 22-07-2012, 21:46   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
He doesn't, neither did Derrick Bird in Cumbria nor the guy in Norway a year ago, nor the perpetrators of Hungerford or Dunblane or Columbine. There's no legislating for what goes on in people's minds.
But four guns and 6,000 rounds of ammunition? Are you saying nobody should have questioned why he wanted them? Some proof perhaps that he was registered with a shooting club? Or lived on a farm?
Old 22-07-2012, 22:11   #14
God Member

There was an incident like this which resulted in gun control laws in Australia.
Many of the 'facts' presented at the time were later proved false scientifically.

THE PORT ARTHUR MASSACRE CONSPIRACY by Joe Vialls

Old 23-07-2012, 03:11   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
But four guns and 6,000 rounds of ammunition? Are you saying nobody should have questioned why he wanted them? Some proof perhaps that he was registered with a shooting club? Or lived on a farm?
I have five guns and about 200 rounds of ammo. No one questions why I have them. I don't belong to a shooting club, or live on a farm.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..