Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-07-2012, 10:02   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
So you believe that too
Did you know either of them personally?
I don't supposed Kes does but the fact that this atrocity is on the anniversary of the Swedish even holds some water, and that's not a conspiracy either, its a fact
Old 23-07-2012, 10:06   #32
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well they tried a total ban on handguns in this country over 12 years ago, what good it did I don't know, certainly wouldn't have deterred the criminal, but it did stop genuine shooting enthusiasts from carrying on with the sport
A point I made on the previous thread on this subject, my brother being one of those affected and he had been a hand gun shooter all his adult life.
Old 23-07-2012, 10:10   #33
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I don't supposed Kes does but the fact that this atrocity is on the anniversary of the Swedish even holds some water, and that's not a conspiracy either, its a fact
It was in Norway John but apart from that yes it does seem rather more than a coincidence.
Old 23-07-2012, 10:12   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
It was in Norway John but apart from that yes it does seem rather more than a coincidence.
Norway Sweden there all descended from Vikings:There's a fine line between them susie
Old 23-07-2012, 10:13   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
So you believe that too
Did you know either of them personally?
No I didn't know them! Another puzzle is this guy Holmes does not seem to have an Internet presence which is unusual for a young man studying science!

Last edited by kestrelx; 23-07-2012 at 10:17.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2012, 10:22   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
No I didn't know them! Another puzzle is this guy Holmes does not seem to have an Internet presence which is unusual for a young man studying science!
He may be an actor like the people mentioned in this video

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2012, 10:46   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
He may be an actor like the people mentioned in this video
Well Margaret I don't see the similarities of that woman that the maker of this video claims! I then found another video he made that says David Icke is Richard Branson!

Old 23-07-2012, 10:49   #38
God Member

I agree that some of his claims are outlandish and 'way over the top' (even for me), but his method of mapping ears has convinced me that SOME of what he reveals is true.

You believe what you feel comfortable with - that is your right.

Last edited by MargaretR; 23-07-2012 at 10:53.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2012, 11:05   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
I agree that some of his claims are outlandish and 'way over the top' (even for me), but his method of mapping ears has convinced me that SOME of what he reveals is true.

You believe what you feel comfortable with - that is your right.
Well I certainly don't think that Icke and Richard Branson are the same - no way! If I had the will I could take photos of many people who all look similar and then try and bend it so I say they are all the same people acting. Many people do look the same and this guy is simply stretching his imagination to make them into dopplegangers! Is this guy making these vids "paranoid dellusional"? That is he is deluded that people are acting and conspiring in a way that they are not...

Last edited by kestrelx; 23-07-2012 at 11:12.
Old 23-07-2012, 11:18   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Why ask Eric? What's your take on the matter? Do you really think "preventing the Colorado shootings from happening again" is realistic? Dream on!
errr....I think you'll find it was me who STARTED this thread by giving my take on the matter. We've tightened the gun laws in this country, and while we haven't prevented the occasional incident, we have at least ensured that it is kept to a minimum.

Of course the Colorado shootings will happen again, but that shouldn't stop us from looking for ways to make it as hard as possible for these idiots to build up an arsenal of arms.
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2012, 11:56   #41
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
So how do you propose preventing the Colorado shootings from happening again, Eric? Shrug your shoulders and say "Oh well, boys will be boys"?
Quote:
errr....I think you'll find it was me who STARTED this thread by giving my take on the matter. We've tightened the gun laws in this country, and while we haven't prevented the occasional incident, we have at least ensured that it is kept to a minimum.

Of course the Colorado shootings will happen again, but that shouldn't stop us from looking for ways to make it as hard as possible for these idiots to build up an arsenal of arms.
Thank you... I do know that you started this thread, I have been reading from the beginning. You seemed to be asking Eric if he had concrete proposals to deal with this as he is a gun owner and I just wondered if you also had any more ideas that you wanted to put forward as you were not very specific in your first post.
Old 23-07-2012, 14:44   #42
God Member

Quote:
So how do you propose preventing the Colorado shootings from happening again, Eric? Shrug your shoulders and say "Oh well, boys will be boys"?
Maybe more like "nut bars and whack jobs will be what they are". Maybe one should look at problems other than guns. But, I do agree that certain kinds of guns ... assault rifles and hand guns come to mind ... should be kept out of the hands of the public. Oh, and you can't prevent mass shootings. It's a fact of modern life, and not only in the US. Norway doesn't seem to have the cowboy mentality, but they had an even worse event. And the death toll at Dunblane was worse if I remember correctly.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2012, 16:11   #43

Your nuts if you want to relax gun laws in the UK.
I live in Oakland. CA, and we had 105 gun homicides last year... just in our city!
9000 Murders by Gun in US; 39 in UK
It is WAY out of control in the US, and the gun lobby are a powerful lever on politicians. The second amendment was written 250 years ago and strangles any progress on this tragic mess.
Burningman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2012, 16:24   #44
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burningman View Post
Your nuts if you want to relax gun laws in the UK.
I don't think anyone is suggesting going down that route...
Old 23-07-2012, 16:49   #45
Resting In Peace

1987 Hungerford 16 deaths
1996 Dunblane 17 deaths, 16 of them children, making this a more emotional subject
2010 Cumbria 12 deaths

In all three cases the gunman committed suicide. These crimes span a period of 25 years. Dr Harold Shipman killed over 200 people over his working life of 20 odd years and killed himself in prison. Has anyone any good ideas as to how we could prevent or legislate for such occurrences??

Breivik in Norway shot and killed 69 people where gun laws appear to be very stringent.

Sensible article here about gun laws, especially the part about teaching children to shoot.
Shotguns aren't the problem – criminals are - Telegraph

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..