Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-09-2012, 23:25   #1
Junior Member+

Super mosque in doubt

Guffaw! Mosque does not create jobs nor bring income to HBC. Sense and good economics from Labour Group! Hope asian communty in West Accrington must know that they are not the only people in the area and Hyndburn. Well done Tim OKane and Ken Moss.

Last edited by daisychain; 14-09-2012 at 23:27. Reason: spelling
daisychain is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-09-2012, 23:28   #2
God Member

Re: Super mosque in doubt

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisychain View Post
Guffaw! Mosque doen not create jobs nor bring income to HBC. Sense and good economics from Labour Group! Hope asian communty in West Accrington and know that they are not the only people in the area and Hyndburn. We done Tim OKane and Ken Moss.

Sorry Daisy - don't understand -may be just be me- please explain...!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 23:33   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Sorry Daisy - don't understand -may be just be me- please explain...!
Ditto!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 23:39   #4
Junior Member+

Accrington Observer article this week explains conservative approval for a super mosque with a capacity for 2,500 worshipers in 2009 is now in doubt. the build would not benefit the community, nor generate jobs or income for HBC. Cllrs O'Kane and Moss via Overview and Scrutiny agreed to take a fresh look that this due to the delay by MOsque Commitee. 2009 to 2012 HBC have been waiting for movement. Now, clear heads have realised they do not have to sit in the asset that will give no income, the 2 acre plot is open agenda for development that WILL create jobs and income.
It is late or early whichever way your looking at the clock; forgive my mumblings!

Last edited by daisychain; 14-09-2012 at 23:40. Reason: spelling
daisychain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2012, 03:48   #5
Give, give, give member

What a pity.

If you'd taken your shoes off, I bet they'd have let you go in there for a wee, preventing anymore li'l accidents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisychain View Post

Being an older person, slowing down a bit and with a few incontinent experiences i feel secure that wherever I am in Accrington I can get to toilet facilities. Having been to the main Post Office and turned into Peel Street to find the toilet facilities closed and being redirected to the Market Hall. I am ANGRY! I had to manoeuvre the bus station area, with people waiting, talking and smoking. Then negotiating the market and opening the door to the market hall. I said excuse me so many times to get through the number of people going nowhere. Arriving at the lift, there is a queue! Grr! At last, inside BUT no! Doors stay open to wait for others. Yet another door to push open before getting into a cubicle. AAH! Did you hear me from Scaitcliffe House? No? Not surprised, you are not listening to people. You offer free bags for dogs’ faeces. Dogs do not provide revenue to HBC. I do, so now is the time to offer people incontinence pads. When and where can i collect? Wishing incontinence on no one, Tracey Trickle
Guffaw.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2012, 08:12   #6
God Member

If they want to use the land to help the local economy might I suggest they build a compound with an entrance and no exit, and relocate a certain establishment to there from Abbey St. The best economy boost this town will get
Old 15-09-2012, 08:21   #7
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
If they want to use the land to help the local economy might I suggest they build a compound with an entrance and no exit, and relocate a certain establishment to there from Abbey St. The best economy boost this town will get
You'd get my vote.

Cllr. Dave.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2012, 08:53   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
You'd get my vote.

Cllr. Dave.

Mine too
Old 15-09-2012, 10:08   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
You'd get my vote.

Cllr. Dave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Mine too
Yer too easy suited, he won't get mine,unless setting fire to it when full is n option.
Old 15-09-2012, 10:11   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Yer too easy suited, he won't get mine,unless setting fire to it when full is n option.
Your such an hard task master cashy
Old 15-09-2012, 16:58   #11
Senior Member+

Nothing gets a point across like Size 5 ComicSansMS Font

Isn't it better to have a super mosque rather than loads of little mosques? Oh
but there is different sects; just like there is different sects of Christian based religions. So there is bound to be a few dotted about. Do they really warrant the amount of money needed to build one?

Id have to admit; I am almost an admirer of churches and mosques(the architecture that is)
Old 15-09-2012, 17:34   #12
I am Banned

I believe that the council should think very, very carefully about this. Would a similar sized Christian church or cathedral be tolerated in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia etc.?

EllieBootGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2012, 17:53   #13
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieBootGirl View Post
I believe that the council should think very, very carefully about this. Would a similar sized Christian church or cathedral be tolerated in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia etc.?

Well of course they would not be tolerated, so why do you ask?
We live in a tolerant society, we allow freedom of speech and religion. Your chosen countries don't allow that.
If you are so against the Mosque, I suggest you become a councillor and change things.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2012, 18:25   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieBootGirl View Post

Even though your question is, no doubt, rhetorical, of course it would be tolerated. It would provide a venue for the muslim nutbars to hang out, riot, burn, desecrate, and practice their bombing (suicide, hopefully) skills. Put the Stars and Stripes on top of it; that'll give the humorless bastards some climbing practice.

I think the time is coming when a lot of normally decent and tolerant folks in the West are going to suggest a hell of a lot less tolerance for Islam. Boot the bastards back to where they came from, especially to Pakistan which is quickly becoming a "failed state", if it hasn't already achieved that distinction.

Canada, by the way, has already closed its embassy in Tehran, and reaffirmed its staunch support of Israel.

Now that George W. Bush is out of office, Islam has become the number one threat to the stability and peace of the world. It may be time to put tolerance on the back burner for a while and start kicking some ass in the Middle East.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2012, 18:29   #15
Senior Member+

A bit heavy that Eric.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..