Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-11-2012, 18:08   #76
Beacon of light

Re: Here we go again

She should be made to pay back every penny and all her assets should be seized.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-11-2012, 18:17   #77
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

well if i rob yer house get caught n say i am unwell, will that mean ive cracked it?
Old 13-11-2012, 18:56   #78
Beacon of light

No, Cashy...I don't think it works like that for us poor plebs.
You have to have MP after your name.
Old 13-11-2012, 21:47   #79
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
And predictably enough, she has got away with it.

Margaret Moran fiddled £53,000 in expenses, but will not go to jail - Telegraph

One law for them...
She's an idiot and from the latest pics of her she is in bad health.. I don't reckon her being banged up would be any use.
I'd like to know what criteria is used to prosecute these MP's.. can't see much difference in claiming for a new boiler or claiming rent for an appartment for your boyfriend .. or claiming thousands for hotels you ain't stayed in ..??...some seem to get off lightly and just shoved under the carpet!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2012, 06:40   #80
Beacon of light

This woman has been judged unfit to plead because of depression.......and she won't even have a criminal record at the end of all this. Ok...so don't put her in prison, but she should have this on record.
She is a fraudster and cannot be trusted.
Old 14-11-2012, 21:59   #81
Super Moderator

These greedy, grasping sods are still determined to keep their snouts in the trough.

Bercow and his bullies bring shame on our Parliament - Telegraph
Old 15-11-2012, 06:24   #82

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
These greedy, grasping sods are still determined to keep their snouts in the trough.

Bercow and his bullies bring shame on our Parliament - Telegraph
The British parliament has been in shame for years, it's reflected in the decreasing amount of people voting.

If you took a straw poll asking 'do you trust politicians?', my guess is that 95% would say NO! The 5% YES vote would be the relatives/hangers on of politicians.

Of course that poll would never occur, because the politicians would change the question into 'do you honestly not, not trust politicians to be honestly not honest?'
Old 15-11-2012, 07:09   #83
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
The British parliament has been in shame for years, it's reflected in the decreasing amount of people voting.

If you took a straw poll asking 'do you trust politicians?', my guess is that 95% would say NO! The 5% YES vote would be the relatives/hangers on of politicians.

Of course that poll would never occur, because the politicians would change the question into 'do you honestly not, not trust politicians to be honestly not honest?'
As you stated in first paragraph less people voting therefore the figures in your straw poll are wrong.
Allow me to explain,

95% wouldn't vote in it therefore the 5% that does vote relatives/hangers on etc. would have a 100% result of Yes we do trust politicians.
A resounding result proving that the system works, allowing politicians to continue in the manner politicians are so adept at.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2012, 15:45   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
As you stated in first paragraph less people voting therefore the figures in your straw poll are wrong.
Allow me to explain,

95% wouldn't vote in it therefore the 5% that does vote relatives/hangers on etc. would have a 100% result of Yes we do trust politicians.
A resounding result proving that the system works, allowing politicians to continue in the manner politicians are so adept at.
The real tragedy is that even a tongue in cheek reply like that is probably nearer to the truth than we probably realise....

Meanwhile back hidden amongst headlines of feigned outrage by the PM about being asked a question by a TV presenter ( I mean how dare anyone ask our Dave a difficult unrehearsed question)..here's yet another trough eater who it seems has no case to answer.

Disgraced peer claimed £286k in expenses
Old 15-11-2012, 16:34   #85
Super Moderator

...and despite this catalogue of abuses, he's STILL sitting in the House of Lords as a crossbencher. Is it any wonder nobody trusts politicians any more?
Old 15-11-2012, 18:35   #86
God Member

Quote:

Seem to remember such a poll in Canada earlier this year and politicians didn't fare all that well on the "trust" question. I remember they polled better than psychics and telemarketers (barely); but worse than used car salesmen and lawyers.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2012, 15:30   #87
Super Moderator

Greedy scum...and they have the Speaker to back 'em up.

MPs' expenses: MPs allowed to hide expenses details - Telegraph
Old 20-11-2012, 15:40   #88
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:

Well I for one can understand their fears, they screw the system, but don't want protesters turning up and ruining their lawn (or duck pond) of course they should be protected, they have something to fear, unlike honest folk.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2012, 20:21   #89

Quote:

You know, only yesterday our MP was banging on about rogue landlords in the house, strange how he made no mention of the 'real' rogue landlords who rent property from each other at the taxpayers expense!
Old 21-11-2012, 00:30   #90
Super Moderator

Quote:
You know, only yesterday our MP was banging on about rogue landlords in the house, strange how he made no mention of the 'real' rogue landlords who rent property from each other at the taxpayers expense!
Maybe he'll comment on this one, as it doesn't involve criticizing any Labour politicians. In fact, I'm surprised C'mon hasn't been on here babbling about it.

MPs' expenses: top Tory in secret deal - Telegraph

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..