Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2012, 23:08   #1

Have times changed?

Is it me...or have times changed?
I recently dug out some old photos of my first two girlfriends and reminisced about the times we spent together.
In those days it was invariably helping to babysit some other folks kids (a pastime that I was singularly unsuitable for),or a walk up Priestley Clough with the very occasional visit to the cinema when I was flush.
In those days one did not molest the girl,or semi rape them,just to enjoy the night out.It was more holding hands,kissing,and rarely being invited to feel a breast.In fact ,nothing else even crossed my mind.The done thing was to "court" a girl for some months before deciding if you would ever make a go of it if you both got married to each other.Full sex was not available(or generally offered) until after the wedding day.
Nowadays ,it seems,a lonely place like Priestley Clough is the ideal venue to take a girl that you would possibly like to molest,and the availablity of a handy bed when babysitting even more so.
I am rather glad that I grew up in my era........what about you?

Tal
talentedbutslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-11-2012, 23:21   #2
God Member

Re: Have times changed?

I think that is total rubbish..I will quote you....'Nowadays ,it seems,a lonely place like Priestley Clough is the ideal venue to take a girl that you would possibly like to molest.
Nowdays? since when?.
First girl I kissed was up some Highams loading bay just bottom of the clough.. I was 14 she was 16.. it happened just like that.. no molesting.
I don't reckon things have changed in the real world since then.

Last edited by Mancie; 05-11-2012 at 23:31.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:18   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I think that is total rubbish..I will quote you....'Nowadays ,it seems,a lonely place like Priestley Clough is the ideal venue to take a girl that you would possibly like to molest.
Nowdays? since when?.
First girl I kissed was up some Highams loading bay just bottom of the clough.. I was 14 she was 16.. it happened just like that.. no molesting.
I don't reckon things have changed in the real world since then.
It isn't "total rubbish", but probably 95 per cent of it is ... I wonder why that number jumped into my head Times haven't really changed, not in terms of human physiology and sexuality anyway. In that sense they never do change. We are still the same horny bunch of animals we always were and always will be. But one is constrained to admit that social attitudes towards sex have altered ... except in the minds of the Leave-it-to-Beaverites and most of the muslim world.

Sex is part of evolution ... no, scratch that, sex is evolution. It's how we got to be here ... all of us. Maybe someone from a rubberless coupling in Priestly Clough
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:07   #4
God Member

Bob Dylan reckoned times were changing nigh on forty years ago, no reason to believe they've stopped.

Come mothers and fathers
Throughout the land
And don't criticize
What you can't understand
Your sons and your daughters
Are beyond your command
Your old road is
Rapidly agin'
Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend your hand
For the times they are a-changin'.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:12   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Bob Dylan reckoned times were changing nigh on forty years ago, no reason to believe they've stopped.

Come mothers and fathers
Throughout the land
And don't criticize
Are beyond your command
Your old road is
Rapidly agin'
So, we let pop songs govern our thinking and our behavior Not to mention our physiology.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:24   #6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
It's how we got to be here ... all of us. Maybe someone from a rubberless coupling in Priestly Clough
Should've gone to Musgraves.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:42   #7
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by talentedbutslow View Post
Is it me...or have times changed?
I recently dug out some old photos of my first two girlfriends and reminisced about the times we spent together.
In those days it was invariably helping to babysit some other folks kids (a pastime that I was singularly unsuitable for),or a walk up Priestley Clough with the very occasional visit to the cinema when I was flush.
In those days one did not molest the girl,or semi rape them,just to enjoy the night out.It was more holding hands,kissing,and rarely being invited to feel a breast.In fact ,nothing else even crossed my mind.The done thing was to "court" a girl for some months before deciding if you would ever make a go of it if you both got married to each other.Full sex was not available(or generally offered) until after the wedding day.
Nowadays ,it seems,a lonely place like Priestley Clough is the ideal venue to take a girl that you would possibly like to molest,and the availablity of a handy bed when babysitting even more so.
I am rather glad that I grew up in my era........what about you?

Tal
A few harsh words in there,
Quote:
molest the girl,or semi rape them
are you feeling perhaps a little hard done to because of missed chances?
I'm thinking along similar lines to Eric here, otherwise where did the phrase 'shotgun wedding come from'? I can assure you that back then lots of girls were just as willing to experiment without being forced. Perhaps it was a hormonal thing? We and they at a certain age as the yoof of today are still doing, couldn't resist the smell of damp soil and grass stains on various parts of the body, ah yes, the happy memories of the out door life in all weathers without the need for fleece lined jackets from Bolton.

Those were the days.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 14:24   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
It isn't "total rubbish", but probably 95 per cent of it is ... I wonder why that number jumped into my head Times haven't really changed, not in terms of human physiology and sexuality anyway. In that sense they never do change. We are still the same horny bunch of animals we always were and always will be. But one is constrained to admit that social attitudes towards sex have altered ... except in the minds of the Leave-it-to-Beaverites and most of the muslim world.

Sex is part of evolution ... no, scratch that, sex is evolution. It's how we got to be here ... all of us. Maybe someone from a rubberless coupling in Priestly Clough
I agree-attitudes are more leaning toward not caring who has sex with who and what the result is, nowadays but people still eat/sleep/fornicate the same as ever-we're still driven by the need to reproduce.

Unfortunately now 'Survival of the most fitting' means we have produced a load of humans who fit perfectly to the 'Let's all have lots of babies and not work' environment...
Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post

Come mothers and fathers
Throughout the land
And don't criticize
Are beyond your command
Your old road is
Rapidly agin'
I do adore Dylan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
A few harsh words in there, are you feeling perhaps a little hard done to because of missed chances?
I'm thinking along similar lines to Eric here, otherwise where did the phrase 'shotgun wedding come from'? I can assure you that back then lots of girls were just as willing to experiment without being forced. Perhaps it was a hormonal thing? We and they at a certain age as the yoof of today are still doing, couldn't resist the smell of damp soil and grass stains on various parts of the body, ah yes, the happy memories of the out door life in all weathers without the need for fleece lined jackets from Bolton.

Those were the days.
That smiley has made my day! Lol I ALMOST said something similar about the 'Missed chances' then I didn't but turns out somebody said it for me
Peer pressure's always been the same too-teens want to outdo their peers, shock value, growing up it's all new and so so attractive.
Old 06-11-2012, 14:51   #9
Super Moderator

Would've thought the biggest factor on changes in sexual behaviour over the past few decades was the invention of the pill. Let's face it, if you can get your leg over with minimal risk of a bun in the oven (and without the hassle of slipping on a nobbly noddy ), you're gonna do it!
Old 06-11-2012, 20:47   #10
Beacon of light

Yes, you are right Steve...but then you run the risk of catching something nasty, itchy/painful/smelly in crotch department.......every silver lining has a cloud(just to balance up what I was saying in the Bookworm thread).
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 19:31   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
A few harsh words in there, are you feeling perhaps a little hard done to because of missed chances?

Those were the days.
Hard done by and missed chances? Not really Less......in those days there was no pill around,so taking the "chance" might have had disastrous consequences.
talentedbutslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:35   #12
God Member

it wasnt that long ago that people were been encouraged to get an agreement signed by both parties before having sex to avoid accusations of rape

even more recently government ran a series of adverts reminding people not to rape

as ricky gervais rightly said it is a sorry state of affairs when adverts have to be put on TV reminding people not to commit rape.Not that i think people need to be reminded but what an earth does the government think the people of this country are to think that they needed to remind evryone that rape is wrong?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 17:57   #13
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
Not that i think people need to be reminded but what an earth does the government think the people of this country are to think that they needed to remind evryone that rape is wrong?
3 words Accyman - Ethnic minorities Rochdale.
Old 08-11-2012, 18:22   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
3 words Accyman - Ethnic minorities Rochdale.
are you refering to the kebabs for sex scandle

times have changed it used to be a bag of sweeties and you wernt guarenteed the whole bag once you got in the car

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 15:25   #15
Senior Member+

Well on this subject back in the 70's I witnessed one girl aged about 13 who used to allow several teenage males grope her out in the fields and she used to enjoy it. I say she enjoyed it because she was always laughing when it happened. Now is this normal? Today the social workers would be coming out in rashes at the thought of a girl being groped on a regular basis by several teenagers.

That is what went on in the 70's. Is that a common experience? Or was it common with other people back in those times?

Are these times more or less promiscuous than those times? There is certainly more sex on TV now and more flesh on display on TV and in music vids.

I don't know about Priestly Clough but over the coppice used to be a favourite spot as there were trenches to hide in.

Last edited by kestrelx; 21-11-2012 at 15:31.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..