Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree70Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-12-2012, 18:55   #46
Beacon of light

Re: Ukip

Were you around back then?
You do talk a load of twaddle.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-12-2012, 18:57   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
so why is he allowed to stand under the ukip banner i dont remember anybody from labour supporting hitler ideology
Why was there no labour people joined Mosleys Blackshirts?
Old 18-12-2012, 19:01   #48
God Member

different times, but if you go into oswalds blackshirts policies,they were anti semetic and racist but even they werent into aborting the disabled.

Save Remploy Factories Online Petition
Old 18-12-2012, 19:04   #49
Resting in Peace

Quote:
your back, welcome back
With a vengeance
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2012, 19:05   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
different times, but if you go into oswalds blackshirts policies,they were anti semetic and racist but even they werent into aborting the disabled.

You brought Hitler into the conversation no-one else.
Old 18-12-2012, 19:08   #51
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
You brought Hitler into the conversation no-one else.
You can always tell when somebody is losing the argument when they start clutching at straws cashy
Old 18-12-2012, 19:10   #52

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:

You just don't have a reasoned argument for any response anyone makes, you just jump around like a frog on acid posting uninformed comments bearing unrelated links with irrelevant arguments.

Wait....Ed Milliband...
Wynonie Harris and jaysay like this.
Old 18-12-2012, 19:12   #53
Beacon of light

Quote:

they might have been, had the technology to diagnose before birth been available.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2012, 20:00   #54
Super Moderator

Quote:
so why is he allowed to stand under the ukip banner i dont remember anybody from labour supporting hitler ideology
No, but there have been instances of Labour politicians and leftwing fellow travellers supporting Soviet Union ideology...a regime every bit as repressive and murderous as the Nazis.
Guinness likes this.
Old 18-12-2012, 20:59   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Why was there no labour people joined Mosleys Blackshirts?
Err....was not Sir Oswald Mosley (named, by the way, after a nasty little town just south-west of Accy) a member of the Labour Party in 1924? Was he not the Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster in the 1929 Labour government? Then did he not leave Labour to found the New Party and then the Blackshirts (BUF)?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2012, 21:02   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
No, but there have been instances of Labour politicians and leftwing fellow travellers supporting Soviet Union ideology...a regime every bit as repressive and murderous as the Nazis.
Put a sociopath in power, surround him with sycophantic sadists, add a population exhausted by defeat, poverty, starvation, and overwhelmed by a feeling of hopelessness and you get a represive and murderous regime. It's no surprise that those on the right would be drawn to Hitler, and those on the left, to Stalin. I've no doubt they were unaware that both were insane. But there were differences between the two; some of them not so subtle. The Soviets wished to see Communism go global, mainly by sponsoring revolutionary movements ... Comintern, I believe it was called ... something like that anyway; I'm on a non google kick right now The Nazis, on the other hand, would do away with political subtleties and just go and take what they wanted, decimate populations, starve and work to death what was left, and usher in a tausend jahr dark age.
Alan Varrechia likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2012, 21:06   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
...... The Soviets wished to see Communism go global, mainly by sponsoring revolutionary movements ... Comintern, I believe it was called ... something like that anyway;
Well..possibly..bur surely this was the argument between Stalin and Trotsky and the debate between cementing revolution at home before the crackpot ideology can be exported?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2012, 21:40   #58
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Put a sociopath in power, surround him with sycophantic sadists, add a population exhausted by defeat, poverty, starvation, and overwhelmed by a feeling of hopelessness and you get a represive and murderous regime. It's no surprise that those on the right would be drawn to Hitler, and those on the left, to Stalin. I've no doubt they were unaware that both were insane. But there were differences between the two; some of them not so subtle. The Soviets wished to see Communism go global, mainly by sponsoring revolutionary movements ... Comintern, I believe it was called ... something like that anyway; I'm on a non google kick right now The Nazis, on the other hand, would do away with political subtleties and just go and take what they wanted, decimate populations, starve and work to death what was left, and usher in a tausend jahr dark age.
The Soviet Union was responsible for the deaths of millions in slave labour camps by "starving and working to death". As for "sponsoring revolutionary movements", is that what they did at the end of the war in Poland, Hungary, Rumania, East Germany etc?...seems to me they went and "took what they wanted" just like the Nazis. There is no moral difference between the Nazi system and the old Soviet system. They both dealt in repression and death to ordinary people.
Guinness likes this.
Old 18-12-2012, 21:57   #59
God Member

sounds like the tory party to me
Old 19-12-2012, 09:56   #60
Resting in Peace

Quote:
sounds like the tory party to me
Did you actually attend University to become an idiot or did it just come naturally

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..