Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree111Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2019, 15:08   #31
Beacon of light

Re: The weather around the world has gone mad

Because...it simply does not fit their climate change agenda....so if it is not reported then it can't really be happening....can it??
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-09-2019, 17:15   #32
God Member

What’s even more sinister, and why I despise the BBC (does it show?), is that, despite being a clearly hilarious story, it won’t get a mention on any of the BBC so-called comedy shows on the radio.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 21:07   #33
Beacon of light

Exile, it only shows as much as my hatred of the EU and politicians in this country shows.....which isn't really that much....is it?
Old 03-10-2019, 23:19   #34

The people around the world have gone mad
…. and you can get into trouble for calling the obviously mad mad.

If Greta Thunberg's minders/mentors/controllers/puppeteers are earnest in their beliefs then surely they should address their concerns towards the three major culprits....

China, India, Global Over Population

Changes to those may make a difference

Me forking out additional £1000s for a souped up dodgem car that might just take me to the shops and back or paying well over the odds for "renewable" energy ain't going to make a rat's fart towards climate change.
The reticence of the Thunberg camp to address the obvious problems leads one to believe they hold a different agenda altogether.
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 06:01   #35

If Greta wants to get the message across then she needs to learn to speak Chinese.

How dare she not do so!
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:43   #36
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Clitheroe View Post
The reticence of the Thunberg camp to address the obvious problems leads one to believe they hold a different agenda altogether.

Quite agree.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:54   #37
Beacon of light

How do you imagine China would deal with such demonstrations?

She is targeting the wrong people...and I do not for one moment think this girl has either researched or thought of these things herself.
She should be directing 'How Dare You' comments to her parents.
They are the ones who have robbed her of her childhood.
Her future is up to her.

The electric car thing is a fudge too, because unless someone comes up with a sure fire way to generate electric(other than burning fossil fuel)....then come the time when these vehicles are the 'norm' there will not be the capacity to boil the kettle for a cup of tea.

The other issue I have with these forms of transport is that the manufacture of batteries to power them is far from 'green'....but nobody ever mentions that.

These Eco warriors would have us go back to the dark ages....living in caves, eating uncooked berries and seeds(no fires allowed...they add to climate change).

On each of the protest marches I have seen, these young idealistic people are using iPhones, I bet most of them go on holiday, but yet they tell me( who was recycling before the word was thought of) that this climate change is MY fault.
After the marches they leave a heap of rubbish behind them for someone else to deal with....very Eco friendly.....bloody hypocrites
Old 04-10-2019, 09:28   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

The other issue I have with these forms of transport is that the manufacture of batteries to power them is far from 'green'....but nobody ever mentions that.
No need for batteries - just extend the overhead electrified mesh from the dodgems at Blackpool Pleasure Beach to cover the whole country. It's about as practical as many of the other so called solutions even if it would take up most of the world's copper supplies just to cover the Fylde Coast.

What riled me about the Thunberg thing was how despicable those who control her are. Criticism is not allowed because you are 'attacking a child' in spite of their parents stating she has mental health issues and in spite of most 16 year olds (who are old enough to legally procreate) not wishing to be called child....

Old 04-10-2019, 17:30   #39
God Member

I read that St. Greta of Thurnberg, the patron saint of idiocy, was specifically chosen by those who control her because she has Asbergers.
There was a essay competition in Sweden for school children about climate change and she came second. But maybe the winner wasn’t so telegenic or malleable, and StGreta’s parents are political activists, so she was selected to be the child prophet of doom, on the understanding that sceptics would be very reluctant to shout down a child with asbergers.
Old 04-10-2019, 18:23   #40
God Member

Btw, we’re in upstate NY this week. On Wednesday it was 84F degrees on the shores of Lake Ontario. On Thursday it was 45F. Today it’s 65F.
That’s what I call climate change.
We’re all doomed, aye, we’re doomed.
Old 04-10-2019, 21:04   #41
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Clitheroe View Post
No need for batteries - just extend the overhead electrified mesh from the dodgems at Blackpool Pleasure Beach to cover the whole country. It's about as practical as many of the other so called solutions even if it would take up most of the world's copper supplies just to cover the Fylde Coast.

What riled me about the Thunberg thing was how despicable those who control her are. Criticism is not allowed because you are 'attacking a child' in spite of their parents stating she has mental health issues and in spite of most 16 year olds (who are old enough to legally procreate) not wishing to be called child....

If this 'child' cannot stand the scrutiny and the criticism then she is clearly not mature enough to be in the arena that her parents have thrust her into.

On the video clip one commentator derides another for 'attacking a child'.
He fails to get the point that, no...it is not the child who is being attacked but her ludicrous point of view.
She is seeing the world through the very narrow prism of her limited life experience.

Who, at 16 did not think they knew everything there was to know?

It is only when we have lived a bit and seen what life is about that we realise how foolish we were.

I am sick of the virtue signalling pseudo-religion that climate change has become.

And this girl is really not the one who should bear the blame.
It is her activist parents who really should be called to account for putting this child under the spotlight.
MoreJoe and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 07-10-2019, 23:53   #42

It's akin to problems with a troublesome dog in the park - it's not the dog's faults, it's the owners
Old 14-10-2019, 12:01   #43
God Member

Just read this, and thought some on here may like to read it too.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/1...working-class/
Old 14-10-2019, 13:20   #44
Beacon of light

I agree with every word of that article....and like Brexit, Extinction Rebellion puts my blood pressure up by ten points(at least).

I was so pleased yesterday to see these folk being drowned by the torrential rain, huddling together in their polyester tents(very Eco friendly).

If I had my way I would fill a fire engine with indelible green dye and spray the lot of them.

It would take weeks to wash off their skin.....at least we would all know who they were if they go back to ordinary jobs
Old 14-10-2019, 14:43   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
If I had my way I would fill a fire engine with indelible green dye and spray the lot of them.
It would take weeks to wash off their skin.....at least we would all know who they were if they go back to ordinary jobs
I doubt very much that many of them have ordinary jobs, or any jobs at all.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..