Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree111Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-10-2019, 15:06   #46
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: The weather around the world has gone mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
I doubt very much that many of them have ordinary jobs, or any jobs at all.
When the bitch thatcher closed the mines it didn't just affect miners, many other trades were suddenly out of a job (without the bribes she paid to mining).
I found myself unemployed, Norman Tebbit said 'get on your bike', I foolishly did better, I got on a train and went south working for a millionaire, she was having a dinner party and told all present in most vicious terms that there was no need for unemployment benefits, if lazy people couldn't find work they could always be employed on farms picking potatoes, being foolish and believing that freedom of speech wouldn't result in further unemployment I pointed out that the massive majority of unemployed wanted to work and that if all of them could be transported to pick the spuds they would die of starvation because machines could do the job better.
She wasn't just horrified that one of her lower minions would dare speak out of turn, she dismissed me on the spot and within 24 hours was removed from the premises supplied by the job.
A difficult time, I'm just glad I was single at the time.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-10-2019, 17:26   #47
Beacon of light

What I want to know is how all those folk got down to the metropolis.

I can't see much evidence that they walked(they had too much energy left for dancing in the streets)...perhaps they cycled....No, don't be silly...how many miles is from Grimsby(they would have had to set off sometime in August)

I bet all of them have mobile phones.....and if you look at the messes each of these protests have left, it is clear to see that their concern for the planet does not extend to disposing of their (hopefully) recyclable rubbish responsibly.

This lot are just virtue signalling loons who think nothing of stopping people from getting to work...ST Thomas's hospital is one of the places that has been inconvenienced by their actions.

The UK is one of the lowest producers of CO2.....if they want to make an impact on climate change, then they should set off in the general direction of China.
If they start walking now they might just get there by 2025 I just hope they will be prepared for rubber bullets, water cannons and tear gas.....Chinese riot squads don't pish about like our plods.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2019, 08:44   #48
God Member

just totally sick and tired of hearing em all spout their new religeon to all of us. got to the point i cringe at that word GREEN.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2019, 09:53   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

LISTENED to one of these people this mlorning, she said they aint there to be liked, well fair play, they certainly attained that,most people i talk to are certainly against these cretins, to me its a middle class get together of clowns that certainly dont work for a living, personally i would string the sodding lot of em up.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 16-10-2019, 12:46   #50
Beacon of light

Cashy, they are just virtue signalling no counts who want to appear superior to those of us who have to work for a crust.

They want us to change our lifestyles so that they can continue to fly on their ski-ing holidays and drive their gas guzzling cars.

There was one eco warrior went off grid...took her family into the woods somewhere, only ate what they could catch and cooked on an open fire....I wondered if she had considered that her woodfire for cooking created carbon dioxide emissions.

The planet is emerging from an ice age so it is to be expected that the temperatures will rise.....also a better way to control climate change is to limit the number of people on the planet....to limit procreation.

Me and my family have been recycling and repurposing since before the word recycling was used.....in fact I still have a rag rug made by my Grandma...and she died in 1956!
cashman, dotti34 and monkey hanger like this.
Old 17-10-2019, 09:48   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

Me and my family have been recycling and repurposing since before the word recycling was used.....in fact I still have a rag rug made by my Grandma...and she died in 1956!
exactly. clothes were called hand me downs and remember going with my mam th church jumble sales where i always got a toy to play with later. we were not a poor family by any stretch of the imagination but knew how to use stuff to its full value and time. we tuned lights off when a room was not in use, used the sunday joint to its full potential. young couple next door are into this save the planet stuff but have three waste bins whilst we who are sceptical of the subject only have a half full one. i give up sometimes i really do.
Old 17-10-2019, 09:49   #52
Beacon of light

The situation this morning where these morons disrupted rush hour travel was appalling.

Those who glued themselves to carriages should be left there until the glue loses its grip....once they have spent 48 hours glued to a train carriage....without food, water or toilet facilities maybe it would bring them to their senses.

The celebrities who are supporting this cause accept that they are hypocrites, but still they carry on....and their brainless followers drink in every word and action.

Get the hoses out....drench them a bit....it is getting colder....maybe they will go home to get warm clothes.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 17-10-2019, 09:53   #53
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
exactly. clothes were called hand me downs and remember going with my mam th church jumble sales where i always got a toy to play with later. we were not a poor family by any stretch of the imagination but knew how to use stuff to its full value and time. we tuned lights off when a room was not in use, used the sunday joint to its full potential. young couple next door are into this save the planet stuff but have three waste bins whilst we who are sceptical of the subject only have a half full one. i give up sometimes i really do.
Yes, our family was poor too.
We did what was called 'make do and mend'....no food was ever wasted.
Even mouldy stuff had the mould scratched off.
All our clothes, toys (not that we had many of them) books, shoes etc came from jumble sales or from the fa,ilies whose children had grown out of them.
The only time we got anything new was at Easter, when we got a pair of sixpenny socks....it was considered unlucky to not have something new to wear at Easter.
Old 17-10-2019, 11:10   #54
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;

The celebrities who are supporting this cause accept that they are hypocrites, but still they carry on....and their brainless followers drink in every word and action.

love to see the faces of their supporters. reminds me of those at pre war nuremburg rallies.
Old 19-10-2019, 12:29   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
The situation this morning where these morons disrupted rush hour travel was appalling.

Those who glued themselves to carriages should be left there until the glue loses its grip....once they have spent 48 hours glued to a train carriage....without food, water or toilet facilities maybe it would bring them to their senses.

Get the hoses out....drench them a bit....it is getting colder....maybe they will go home to get warm clothes.
I was kind of hoping one of them would be stupid enough to try climbing on the roof of a train powered by overhead wires.
These actions show they have total disregard for the people they are alleged to be trying to save. Thousands of people would have been trapped underground on trains while this clown delayed the service. The actions of those idiots deserve a custodial sentence.
cashman likes this.
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 13:15   #56

Could this be the hidden agenda behind the Thunberg phenomenon ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/..._with_swedish/

… the Swedish 'green' energy companies could well make a killing. Don't think they realise though that for every person she 'convinces' two others feel like collecting up all their plastic household waste and setting fire to it in the garden for spite.
Old 09-12-2019, 15:47   #57
Beacon of light

I wonder how much greenhouse gas has been produced by the eruption of the volcano in New Zealand....and how was it the fault of humanity.

Also an interesting note is that Greta Thunberg cadged a lift to a climate change conference in Portugal from a yacht owner....but all the carbon emissions that she did not make were wiped out by the yacht owner flying across the Atlantic in order to get to the said yacht.
Ludicrous isn't it that this 16 yr old knows so much...and is frightening the bejasus out of children all over the world.

I don't see these young people giving up their devices, or choosing to walk to places they want to go.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 12-12-2019, 09:34   #58
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1234335]
Ludicrous isn't it that this 16 yr old knows so much...and is frightening the bejasus out of children all over the world.

david bellamy who died yesterday did not make much of this climate change stuff and more or less seemed to go off the tele after this. i think i,d believe him on this subject before some crazy kid.
Old 13-12-2019, 12:03   #59

Look the sun will flare up one day and incinerate the planet anyway so let's just get on and enjoy things best we can while we can instead of listening to some mentally ill midget who wants us all to adopt a morbid Scandanavian style miserable depressive outlook.
Old 13-12-2019, 12:08   #60
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Clitheroe View Post
Look the sun will flare up one day and incinerate the planet anyway so let's just get on and enjoy things best we can while we can instead of listening to some mentally ill midget who wants us all to adopt a morbid Scandanavian style miserable depressive outlook.
I enjoy my 'morbid Scandanavian style miserable depressive outlook', it's taken me a lifetime to perfect it.
monkey hanger likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..