Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree111Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2020, 15:33   #91
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: The weather around the world has gone mad

Ignore the bull shine, continue ‘abusing’ the planet, if we’ve got it wrong it will get its revenge and replenish itself with or without us.
Do not put your hard earned cash into the pockets of the so called experts that spread panic for their own profit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-01-2020, 16:26   #92
Beacon of light

Define expert.
X marks the spot and a spurt is a drip under pressure....that about sums it up doesn't it?
cashman likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2020, 09:53   #93

I wonder who funded Thunberg's trip to the exclusive ski resort of Davos to berate more old men in suits who are stealing her childhood ?

The latest rant is demanding stopping use of fossil fuels not by 2040 or even 2030 but RIGHT NOW !!

How stupid are those who think an attention seeking autistic teenager's simplistic view of the world should be adopted ?

If we stopped using fossil fuels right now how would we.....

(1 be able to heat our homes in the cold Winter months ?
(2 produce sufficient food to feed a growing population ?
(3 transport goods, food, medical supplies from where they are to where they are required ?
(4 pay wages to the vast majority of people who would become redundant ?
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2020, 10:28   #94
Beacon of light

Those are the problems that need solving.

We are currently using wind generated power....one of the most ineffectual renewable energy sources.
On days like today where the winds are strong you would think 'great...lovely for making electricity'...but NO....these eyesores have to be turned off when the winds are too strong.

What about electric cars?
Can you image all the cars on the road being electrically powered?
Where is this power going to come from?
You get home from work. Plug in your car to charge the battery....and everyone else is doing the same....so the national grid is overwhelmed.

The batteries that power these electric cars....they do not last forever, so when the battery gets to the end of its life, what then?

What about the production of materials that go into making these batteries....are these eco friendly?

There are so many issues that need solving if you believe that the change in climate is purely down to the activity of humans.

Not much is said regarding population and that (if you believe this climate change stuff) has to be a very big factor.

The protests are being held in countries where moves are being made to reduce carbon emissions.
The UK produces less than 2% of emissions in the world.

This child should take her protests to China, India, the US and Australia.
Old 14-01-2020, 13:59   #95
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Clitheroe View Post
I wonder who funded Thunberg's trip to the exclusive ski resort of Davos to berate more old men in suits who are stealing her childhood
This is an extract from one of the links on an earlier post #63 on this thread.

Greta is just an ordinary 16-year-old Swedish schoolgirl whose fiery visions have convinced the parliaments of Britain and Ireland to declare a “climate emergency”. Her parents, Svante Thunberg and Malena Ernman, an actor and opera singer respectively, are just an ordinary pair of parent-managers who want to save the planet. Query their motives and you risk being accused of “climate denial”, or of bullying a vulnerable child with Asperger’s syndrome.
However, the Greta phenomenon has also involved green lobbyists, Google Page Ranking hustlers, eco-academics and a think tank founded by a wealthy former minister in Sweden’s Social Democratic government with links to the country’s energy companies. These companies are preparing for the biggest bonanza of government contracts in history: the greening of the western economies. Greta, whether she and her parents know it or not, is the face of their political strategy
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2020, 19:55   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
This is an extract from one of the links on an earlier post #63 on this thread.

Greta is just an ordinary 16-year-old Swedish schoolgirl whose fiery visions have convinced the parliaments of Britain and Ireland to declare a “climate emergency”. Her parents, Svante Thunberg and Malena Ernman, an actor and opera singer respectively, are just an ordinary pair of parent-managers who want to save the planet. Query their motives and you risk being accused of “climate denial”, or of bullying a vulnerable child with Asperger’s syndrome.
However, the Greta phenomenon has also involved green lobbyists, Google Page Ranking hustlers, eco-academics and a think tank founded by a wealthy former minister in Sweden’s Social Democratic government with links to the country’s energy companies. These companies are preparing for the biggest bonanza of government contracts in history: the greening of the western economies. Greta, whether she and her parents know it or not, is the face of their political strategy
The climate activists are actually having an adverse effect on their aims. They make many of us consider setting up a counter position of Extinction Advancement i.e if this is what the future generations are going to be like then maybe extinction isn't such a bad thing. Encouraging people to burn more stuff and buy battered old diesels to drive round in (er… hang on - that sounds a bit like the "eco-friendly" new age travellers???). Anyhow, as long as we can afford the gas bill the heating will be turned up to a level we deem comfortable and the car stays, plane travel etc etc.
Old 14-01-2020, 20:24   #97
Beacon of light

Yes Jimmy, you are right.

They keep telling us what the problems are....but they create problems.
They take over city centres which means that people who would use a bus need to use a taxi(far less eco friendly) they create animosity to their cause because they produce difficulties that would not normally be there....disruption of daily life by their antics.

Their energies would be better employed in trying to find ways around the problems we face(according to them)....and when these people are on a protest they still use mobile phones....cars to get to the venues where the protest is being held and in the case of Emma Thompson....a jet plane....but she planted trees to offset her carbon footprint, so that's alright then.

I am sure that we could have come up with vehicles that are not petrol driven.....but the oil producing countries put the block on that development.
I am sure that I read about a hydrogen driven vehicle....whose emissions are only water vapour....clean and without particulates.

As for renewable energy generation. If governments really wanted to invest in this, then every home would generate its own power from Photo-voltaic panels....and any extra would go to the national grid.....and no-one would need to be cold or pay ridiculous power bills.

So, from this lack of decisive action I figure that this climate change stuff is fabricated to make us fearful.
A fearful population is easier to control and manipulate.
Old 14-01-2020, 20:28   #98
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

you call em climate activists jimmy, i call em complete arseholes.
Old 15-01-2020, 11:25   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
you call em climate activists jimmy, i call em complete arseholes.
Doubt they're good enough to be complete at anything. I did put the climate activists bit in italics. Maybe when they go off and live somewhere without drawing ANY resources from the planet (including plant life and water) then I might grudgingly accept that they are not just another bunch of 'do as I say not as I do' preaching hypocrites.
Old 16-01-2020, 18:42   #100
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Shock and horror on the news tonight, the global warmers were wailing in terror because 2019 was the second warmest year on record.
Wellllll, I don't know about you but I think they've got it arse about face.
Had it been the warmest they might just have a point but, it's the SECOND warmest that means an earlier year was warmer which means we've hit the peak and are on the way down again, so mother let's celebrate by putting a guiltless shovel of coal on the fire we can finally heat the living room.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 18:52   #101
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

the silly old get david attenballs was on the news tonight babbling about it,in australia, never mentioned the fires were stated by people not the weather, 2 prosecuted last week, he is nothing but a liar. he also said the young are taking notice, well they would be wouldnt they? i believed any owd crap when i was young.
Old 16-01-2020, 19:30   #102
God Member

Thinking of making a FOI request to the BBC asking them how many air journeys Attenborough, and his entourages, have made in, say, the last ten years, paid for by the BBC.
The so-called news tonight was nothing but Warmist Propaganda. Not a single voice suggesting these fires in Oz might just be worse because, over the last few years, the Green Loons in Local governments have made clearing fire breaks and fallen brushwood a criminal offence.
Expect to hear Attenborough announcing soon that he’ll never fly again to some warm paradise.
cashman and DaveinGermany like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 19:36   #103

I wonder what steps the Australian government actually took before all these fires started - to prevent them?
Knowing the weather was extremely hot and the place would be a tinder box, did they actually do any preventative work such as clear areas of all burnable material to prevent spread?
Heck are they even doing that now?
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 19:37   #104
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Thinking of making a FOI request to the BBC asking them how many air journeys Attenborough, and his entourages, have made in, say, the last ten years, paid for by the BBC.
The so-called news tonight was nothing but Warmist Propaganda. Not a single voice suggesting these fires in Oz might just be worse because, over the last few years, the Green Loons in Local governments have made clearing fire breaks and fallen brushwood a criminal offence.
Expect to hear Attenborough announcing soon that he’ll never fly again to some warm paradise.
He obviously knows those fires were started by people, but deliberately never mentioned the fact,
Old 16-01-2020, 19:52   #105
Beacon of light

The children in schools are not being taught to think....they are being taught WHAT to think.
They are having their brains rinsed with all the propaganda about climate change.
This does not stop them wanting their parents to run them about in their cars, or making them stop using (and wanting) the latest tech and mobile phones(all made in the country that produces the most carbon emissions...China).
cashman likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..